POST GAME [Round 26, 2024] Broncos vs Dolphins

Willison has been a beast. Jensen is a low paid workhorse. Payne is overpaid. Cobbo has been a shocker, and Piakura has been exposed. Paikura has been a big disappointment. He's depth player. Riki has had a shocker. Too many players are having their worst year. Something isn't right behind the scenes.
Yeah the post wasn't meant to be critical of Willison & Jensen, more just highlighting the recruitment/retention and how much I underestimated our losses.

Even though I still feel like we missed Flegler, Willison & Jensen have been great this year
Now that everything is said & done for me personally I’d say I definitely underestimated the loss of Capewell, Herbie & Flegler, I was hopeful Piakura, Cobbo/Mariner & Willison/jensen would easily fill the gap but yeah, very wrong hahha

Yes, wondered for a moment if Billy Boston had come out of retirement (he's still around at 90) ...
He’ll probably play better that half our current roster so it couldn’t be worse 🫤

I know I may cop some smack for this. But I'll be happy to sell off haas. Great player, not worth $1.2m

Went pretty much the way I expected, which was the same way it went last week, and again against the titans and against the bulldogs. The defence is atrocious and is continually exposed on the edges and it has been that way most of the year with little accountability for performance. Lack of depth, whether through lack of quality or injury, has certainly been an issue. However, I think there have been opportunities to make changes that would have at least resembled some sense of accountability. The most concerning part of this season for me is that I couldn’t really point to any individual that has actually improved their game on last season and for many they have actually gone backwards.

Yes, that was quite disturbing. Season on the line, they’re are getting wooped and they’re having a nice little giggle on the side line.. Most of these bloke don’t give a shit..
Next week we might get a “reveal” after the storm pump us

Went pretty much the way I expected, which was the same way it went last week, and again against the titans and against the bulldogs. The defence is atrocious and is continually exposed on the edges and it has been that way most of the year with little accountability for performance. Lack of depth, whether through lack of quality or injury, has certainly been an issue. However, I think there have been opportunities to make changes that would have at least resembled some sense of accountability. The most concerning part of this season for me is that I couldn’t really point to any individual that has actually improved their game on last season and for many they have actually gone backwards.
So true . They have been in a steep decline all except carrigan and if patty left I wouldn’t blame him especially when a few of these show ponies are on bigger money.
One bloke was holding the club to ransom almost a couple years ago. **** him off and upgrade cardigan and give him the captaincy. Reynolds is cooked with the injuries.
Rogers I don’t feel is up to it but in fairness he’s in a team always on the back foot.
Riki is another Milford just stealing a paycheck. That guy has regressed severely. Stick to instagram jordan and go elsewhere

The most concerning part of this season for me is that I couldn’t really point to any individual that has actually improved their game on last season and for many they have actually gone backwards.
Carrigan for sure has stepped up.
I'd give honors to arthurs too, he tried.
Staggs improved over the year, but was consistently better last year

Carrigan for sure has stepped up.
I'd give honors to arthurs too, he tried.
Staggs improved over the year, but was consistently better last year
Patty is consistent, theres never a lot between his best or worst games, he’s as good as he was last year, but I wouldn’t say he’s improved or evolved his game any.

Arthars has gone backwards imo, but injury hasn’t helped him. Staggs leadership has improved, but he still can’t defend.

Wow that press conference was bad
Didn’t think it could get worse and tonight’s one was ROUGH….

It’s obvious to everyone YES, they had a poor season. You cannot say it was a good season. For him to get extremely defensive and say no they did not have a poor season and this was only a one off poor game is abysmal…. This man is in DENIAL. That presser was embarrassing

And that result is exactly why I don't have confidence in this side.

I get some, they get fucking flogged. Useless *****.

Didn’t think it could get worse and tonight’s one was ROUGH….

It’s obvious to everyone YES, they had a poor season. You cannot say it was a good season. For him to get extremely defensive and say no they did not have a poor season and this was only a one off poor game is abysmal…. This man is in DENIAL. That presser was embarrassing
Oh dear, is it that bad??? I won't be able to watch it without losing my shit if that is the vibe.
Is he just trying to pull the wool over every one's eyes to save his job, or has he really not actually watched any game before tonight? Or is he delusional....

another masterstroke from the steel trap mind of kelvin waters
Cobbo had a couple of really good games at full back early in the season. Let's NEVER PLAY HIM THERE AGAIN.
Fits with dudes having abysmal games in key positions all year and retaining their spots tbh. Sailor, baker, Madden, riki, piakura, Walters, mariner, Rogers, Oates.
Next man up at the successful clubs slot in and perform to expectations.
Next man up at the broncs, or even the first man up in some cases, and the drop off in quality is less than qcup level.
Questions really need to be asked of how the **** we found ourselves here.

Active Now

• whykickamoocow
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.