POST GAME [Round 26, 2024] Broncos vs Dolphins

How do we not even bother showing up for a game like that though? Just woeful. So poorly coached. You could see how well planned the dolphins were while we just used the same old junk plays that rely on individual brilliance.

Can't wait for the reward of sitting through this shit season to be an increase on season ticket price next season.

They know dumbasses like me are too invested to cancel them.
I did.
After seeing what Kevin Walters has done to this once great club, I'm glad I did.
Unfortunately I was talked into going in yesterday. Had a great day, few beers at Prince Alfred, river fire jets screaming over, then the fucking football. Completely humiliated.

**** you Kevvie.

- Fake Fan.

How do we not even bother showing up for a game like that though? Just woeful. So poorly coached. You could see how well planned the dolphins were while we just used the same old junk plays that rely on individual brilliance.
The only explanation is that the guys are trying to get the coach sacked. Some of the dolphins tries were that soft, like simply stepping back inside and scoring untouched has to be deliberate.

So apart from the immaculate specimen Pat Carrigan scoring his try directly in front of me, that game was as close to physical and mental torture for me or anyone else at that game supporting the Broncs.

In case the penny hasn't dropped yet with any of the fake fans on here - you can be a really great bloke, but that does not automatically mean you will be able to man-manage an NRL footy team. You can be a really good bloke and played like an absolute gun player at the elite level, but that does not automatically mean you will be able to work out the ins and outs of an NRL interchange system. You can be a club standout legend, but that doesn't mean...well you know the rest.

That being said. There was so much on the line last night and so much to play for in that game that the players should have to carry some of the blame.

The Dalai lama could have been sitting in the box as coach and you would have expected better from the players on the field. Their performance last night was nothing short of abysmal. Apart from Pat, Corey Jensen, Jesse Arthars, Mozer and maybe Willison the guys out there last night were the epitome of a de-motivated rabble.

Look up unprofessional in the dictionary and I'm sure they'll have a picture of Jordon Riki and a description of Piakura. They were both piles of steaming hot shite. When Riki dropped that first ball my little ten year-old nephew laughed and put his finger up and said to me "that's mistake one... he makes at least three in every game". Pretty sad when a ten year-old is able to predict with such accuracy how a Bronco second rower would perform.

Piakura was just as bad. The first 4 or 5 minutes he gives away a needless penalty and so Redcliffe are marched further down field and we have no ball for the next 10 minutes and they score. Again my ten year-old nephew (rubbing it in) says "typical Broncos start to a game. Poor ball security and poor discipline means they defend for the first 10 or 15 minutes and are gassed for the rest of the game".

I've had enough. This was not just a one-off game Kev!! Please take your fake hooker son and resign. Pull the pin before it ends in real upsetting circumstances. We all know you live and breath the club, but you must now see that your continued presence at the helm is only hurting this great club's name further. Mate Bennett was right, you don't have what it takes to manage an NRL team, let alone this club.

Please quit now while there is still some doubt that you could have turned it around so that an argument can be made in the future that you were not given a real chance. Quit now, so you can say you resigned and still have some dignity.

Quit now so we don't have to see the team disintegrate into something worse than what we've been forced to witness this whole season. Don't continue to hang on and see your reputation be ruined by the shitstorm that will follow your inevitable sacking.

I know Kev has never been a quitter, but this is the time and place to save us all any further embarrassment.

I don't think Kev will quit, he's just not that sort of guy, he won't give up eventho he should.

He's tried to protect the players from the media and show them he has their back all year, but the players just haven't returned the favour all year and last night they threw him under the bus in a major way.

I don't think Kev will quit, he's just not that sort of guy, he won't give up eventho he should.

He's tried to protect the players from the media and show them he has their back all year, but the players just haven't returned the favour and last night they threw him under the bus in a major way.
They did indeed.

Back track two years ago and Riki and more so Cobbo were two of my favourite players. Last night neither wanted to be there. Sure it was stealing a pay cheque, but you have to ask yourself how they both got to where they are now.

Coaching plays a massive part in that. Lack of coaching plays an even bigger role.

So apart from the immaculate specimen Pat Carrigan scoring his try directly in front of me, that game was as close to physical and mental torture for me or anyone else at that game supporting the Broncs.

In case the penny hasn't dropped yet with any of the fake fans on here - you can be a really great bloke, but that does not automatically mean you will be able to man-manage an NRL footy team. You can be a really good bloke and played like an absolute gun player at the elite level, but that does not automatically mean you will be able to work out the ins and outs of an NRL interchange system. You can be a club standout legend, but that doesn't mean...well you know the rest.

That being said. There was so much on the line last night and so much to play for in that game that the players should have to carry some of the blame.

The Dalai lama could have been sitting in the box as coach and you would have expected better from the players on the field. Their performance last night was nothing short of abysmal. Apart from Pat, Corey Jensen, Jesse Arthars, Mozer and maybe Willison the guys out there last night were the epitome of a de-motivated rabble.

Look up unprofessional in the dictionary and I'm sure they'll have a picture of Jordon Riki and a description of Piakura. They were both piles of steaming hot shite. When Riki dropped that first ball my little ten year-old nephew laughed and put his finger up and said to me "that's mistake one... he makes at least three in every game". Pretty sad when a ten year-old is able to predict with such accuracy how a Bronco second rower would perform.

Piakura was just as bad. The first 4 or 5 minutes he gives away a needless penalty and so Redcliffe are marched further down field and we have no ball for the next 10 minutes and they score. Again my ten year-old nephew (rubbing it in) says "typical Broncos start to a game. Poor ball security and poor discipline means they defend for the first 10 or 15 minutes and are gassed for the rest of the game".

I've had enough. This was not just a one-off game Kev!! Please take your fake hooker son and resign. Pull the pin before it ends in real upsetting circumstances. We all know you live and breath the club, but you must now see that your continued presence at the helm is only hurting this great club's name further. Mate Bennett was right, you don't have what it takes to manage an NRL team, let alone this club.

Please quit now while there is still some doubt that you could have turned it around so that an argument can be made in the future that you were not given a real chance. Quit now, so you can say you resigned and still have some dignity.

Quit now so we don't have to see the team disintegrate into something worse than what we've been forced to witness this whole season. Don't continue to hang on and see your reputation be ruined by the shitstorm that will follow your inevitable sacking.

I know Kev has never been a quitter, but this is the time and place to save us all any further embarrassment.
Obviously I don’t know how things happen behind the scenes so I’m not specifically talking about Kev but the “good bloke” or nice boss approach is a myth when it comes to high performance.

No one would pick “nice” as the first word they used to describe Bellamy, even Wayne who is held to an incredible high regard for using his personality to get good performances isn’t “nice”.

They are respected first and liked is just a bonus. What makes them so respected and great coaches is that all players know exactly what their job is, clearly defined expectations, and know exactly where they stand.

Just based on Kev’s press conferences, comments from guys like Ikin, and the on-field performances, I just can’t believe that people have a strong sense of clarity within the club.

One example that comes to mind is all the comments he made about turning Hetherington into a ball playing lock. I know things change but there was zero evidence that was even attempted.

Obviously I don’t know how things happen behind the scenes so I’m not specifically talking about Kev but the “good bloke” or nice boss approach is a myth when it comes to high performance.

No one would pick “nice” as the first word they used to describe Bellamy, even Wayne who is held to an incredible high regard for using his personality to get good performances isn’t “nice”.

They are respected first and liked is just a bonus. What makes them so respected and great coaches is that all players know exactly what their job is, clearly defined expectations, and know exactly where they stand.

Just based on Kev’s press conferences, comments from guys like Ikin, and the infield performances, I just can’t believe that people have a strong sense of clarity within the club.
Kev's 'philosophy' is throw it around and have some fun and let the talented ones score. If they score 20, we'll score 24. Pretty amateurish.

Far out Herbie absolutely shredded us. 2 tries, 2 try assists, 287 metres, 3 linebreaks, 2 linebreak assists, 7 tackle breaks. Max pain for Broncos fans.
Especially when the bloke you probably kept instead of him, Staggs, is on the sideline giggling with Ezra Mam like a pair of schoolgirls while their team is getting carved up. Not a good look at all. If any of Bellamy's players did that in the same situation they would be flogged senseless by their coach. Kevvie probably just laughed it off.

Yeah other than still having the odd selfish play in him, he’s quietly one of the best centres in the comp. Absolute blunder letting him go
I think letting him go is the wrong term. There is no doubt we wanted to keep him. The problem is we weren’t in a position to give him the offer we needed to. We don’t prioritise him and that is going to hurt us.

Kev's 'philosophy' is throw it around and have some fun and let the talented ones score. If they score 20, we'll score 24. Pretty amateurish.
That was Bennetts philosophy for so long lol.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.