Round 26 Broncos vs Storm - Pre Game Discussion

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
A tough ask for the boys to eat Melbourne in Melbourne, but IMO it's doable if were ever gonna beat Melbourne there's no better time. There in great form hopefully they don't kill us like last game :)

If we lose this would be like the fourth time Melbourne have ended our season in 8 years... I hope the tables turn and we end their season.

We just need to use the ball again, Hunt and Barba directing play, Hodges coming up ... and move up real fast in defence.

No changes necessary ...

JUST WIN FFS!

This will be nothing like the first time we played them. If the Warriors can beat them at AAMI Park in a final, we certainly can when our season is at stake.

give hannant and Kennedy more game time! would love to see broncos get up for this. if our season ends, should the boys chair griffin off the field?

Hope Hoffman is back for us need someone who can defend the long kick better than Hodges who had terrible positioning tonight. Cronk and Smith will kick 40/20s all night if Hodges is at the back in defence next week.

Storm are going to be a huge task, we will have to be much better then we were tonight but we can do it we're Broncos!

Consider it a trial by fire. As I said before, if we beat Melbourne, we will be the most threatening team to finish 8th in a fucking age.

We've had some cracking games lately, but I don't dare to dream that we'll win this. Storm are too methodical, too well drilled, and have the ability to deliver clutch plays under high pressure.

If we win, we can't even give them a sniff. We would have to be all over them from bell to bell. Just can't see it happening.

Tonight was a good game, aside from Vidot's hands and barring another refereeing disgrace which is a big ask, we can win if we play like tonight.

I've got a really bad feeling the rest will **** us over in this one.

Hope Hoffman is back for us need someone who can defend the long kick better than Hodges who had terrible positioning tonight. Cronk and Smith will kick 40/20s all night if Hodges is at the back in defence next week.

Hodges has always had terrible positioning at the back.

Seriously, all it takes is a smart kicking game and you minimize his impact. And now the Broncos are going up against a side that have 2 great kickers..

Everyone looks past that, but slammed Barba all season long...

He has shown he still has his brilliance in attack, but we're going to need some cover back there against Melbourne.

I would be happy with Maranta being at fullback in defense. Get someone that's got speed in him, that is great under the high ball.

Last edited:
Hodges arm grabbing tackles were pretty disgusting back there too. Melbourne aren't as shitty as the Knights or the Dragons, they could really exploit him (and Vidot too).

If we lose this would be like the fourth time Melbourne have ended our season in 8 years... I hope the tables turn and we end their season.

yea haha
2007 - got smashed in qualifying final
2008 - stupid ashton sims drops it.... GI scores
2009 - got pumped 40-8. Israel folau scores lone try in the end. A game that saw locky play halfback and struggled.

Hodges has always had terrible positioning at the back.

Seriously, all it takes is a smart kicking game and you minimize his impact. And now the Broncos are going up against a side that have 2 great kickers..

Everyone looks past that, but slammed Barba all season long...

If you're going to make those comparisons, at least do it objectively. Barba was being slammed because he was offering next to nothing at fullback, not safe under the high ball, not scoring and not even setting up many tries. Hodges might be a bit poor with positioning but he hasn't played the position for 7 years and is setting up tries left, right and centre.

If you're going to make those comparisons, at least do it objectively. Barba was being slammed because he was offering next to nothing at fullback, not safe under the high ball, not scoring and not even setting up many tries. Hodges might be a bit poor with positioning but he hasn't played the position for 7 years and is setting up tries left, right and centre.

I know what they slammed Barba about.

My point was, everyone slammed Barba for what he was terrible at when he was at fullback.

Not a word was said about Hodges. The only concern was whether he could play fullback without getting injured.

I'm still happy to keep him at the back, though. But it's important the Broncos have cover back there for him. Or at least put someone like Maranta back there in defense.

Last edited:
Hodges isn't great at the back but his attack has been amazing. Really gives us a dimension we've been lacking. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I would be ok with having someone else defend at full back in our own 50 though.

Active Now

• BroncosMan
  • Lurker
  • westy316
  • winslow_wong
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • Midean
  • Bronx48
  • jd87
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncsNBundy
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • Dash
... and 48 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.