PRE-GAME Round 26 - Cowboys vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will get his chance.

Hope so, but with Glenn and Gillett entrenched on the edges I don't think he will get a regular spot for at least another 2 years.

If anyone can beat Melbourne to win the GF, it will be the biggest upset win in the history of rugby league.

Melbourne are truly unstoppable right now.

I would rather roll the dice and hope the sharks win and rely on us beating the cowboys to get second spot.

Honestly, if we can't beat cowboys 6th string side then who cares about top 4.
fair call..

It is a simple formula for us from here. We win this game, win the next one, get a week off, rest, recuperate and prepare and win the game after that and we are in the grandfinal.

If anyone can beat Melbourne to win the GF, it will be the biggest upset win in the history of rugby league.

I don't think it would be as big an upset as the Bulldogs over Manly in 95.

Manly had only lost 3 games all season, the 3rd was the GF. Bulldogs won from 6th.

It is a simple formula for us from here. We win this game, win the next one, get a week off, rest, recuperate and prepare and win the game after that and we are in the grandfinal.

Score more points than the other team.

Considering the flogging we received, it would be better if we didn't have the week off.

We take a bit of time to recover from floggings and takes us time to re-build momentum. That week off could hurt us.

Everyone was saying the same thing in 2006 , we all know how that went . Melbourne don't have the best GF record considering.

Everyone was saying the same thing in 2006 , we all know how that went . Melbourne don't have the best GF record considering.
Believe me, i really hope we make the GF and beat Melbourne but it's going to take one hell of an effort.

I understand it's hard after a big loss to have faith in your team, but we are 2nd/3rd on the ladder with 1 round to go. After every loss you have written us off

The reason is Bellamy shows all his tricks before the gf because he can't even stand losing a trial game, Bennett has an amazing finals record because all the trick shots are saved for the finals if his team is in a good enough position, eg 2006 and 2015 we went up about 3 gears in the finals. The storm are an amazing side this year, but they are playing at 95% (eels, panthers and possibly roosters too) compared to the broncos and (& the sharks I think) who are playing at about 70% (disclaimer: these percentages are just estimates based on past increases in performance during finals (which is typically determined by the coaches phylosiphy), and on the current individual form of their players)...

The storm seem hungry for grand final redemption. They are absolutely ruthless at the moment. Wish the broncs were as hungry for redemption.

Reactions: Dee
The storm seem hungry for grand final redemption. They are absolutely ruthless at the moment. Wish the broncs were as hungry for redemption.

And why not for the Storm? This is the last chance Smith, Slater and Cronk have to win a premiership together.

Believe me, i really hope we make the GF and beat Melbourne but it's going to take one hell of an effort.

Yeah they are in great touch.

The reality is we need a win this week to round out our season. If we go into finals with win we are in good stead to continue winning. The boys must start the surge now. We need momentum and i feel we are cruising in fourth at the moment, with at least to more gears available. If the boys find some solid form we are in with a real chance to shock this competition.

We can't finish 2nd now so this game is to finish 3rd.

We can but it would require the Roosters to somehow lose to the Titans.

Playing away in week one is going to suck, we really have to show some positive signs against the Cows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Jedhead
  • Swordfish
  • Emanon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mighty Bronx
  • azza.79
  • upthebroncs
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.