PRE-GAME Round 26 - Cowboys vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cowboys will win.

I don't know if we can turn a big loss like that around in a week.

The Cowboys will win.

I don't know if we can turn a big loss like that around in a week.

No they won't . It may be scrappy but we will get the job done. In saying that i think we might struggle in the finals

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Moga
4. Roberts
5. Kahu - opacic if kahu injured
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. McGuire
9. Hunt (he can have a break mid game, play about 60 mins)
10. Ese ese
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. TPJ
15. Ofa
16. Blair
17. Thaiday

18. Marshall
19. Funaki

Kahu (defensively and enthusiasm), tpj (enthusiasm, size, metres and impact), and ofa (size, metres & enthusiasm) will bring a lot back. What Blair provides is better provided off the bench these days, his offloads and mongrel are outweighed by his lack of metres and mistakes if he starts because the other team have energy to monster him. This all said, with McGuire at prop and arrow starting, Blair can solely focus on hard running-this is when he plays his best games- because the defensive load and ball playing forward roles will be taken care of, so I wouldn't mind as much if he started if that other change happened (arrow on and McGuire to prop)

I was very close to putting Marshall in, and I think once/if the forwards get some energy back in and Bennett is confident they can cope with less forward rotations, he should. He provides calmness in the team and steadies the ship, as well as a good kicking game-he could even rotate with hunt at hooker. He obviously wouldn't have had much impact last night though, our forward pack and no mead are our main issues to fix.

Sims injury appears to be a blessing. Great defensive and mongrel prop, but you can't have 2 starting props making 50 metres a game. People can justify it all they want with the big outside backs making metres but most of moga and Oates' metres are running out at the outside backs-not tiring out the middle men of the opposition.

No no no..why would you wish for top four when you can have top two which incidentally is also top four !!!! **** that's plain insane
I think what he's saying is that if the Roosters beat the Sharks this week, we can't drop below 4th unless the Cowboys absolutely annihilate us next week and the Sharks do the same to the Knights. If the Sharks win this week, then next week we lose to the Cowboys and Roosters, Sharks, and Eels all win, we'd drop to 5th.

So basically let's not lose to the bloody Cowboys and keep our destiny in our own hands.

Notice it always comes down to us and the bloody Cowboys.
Still, bit easier with no JT surely.

Notice it always comes down to us and the bloody Cowboys.
Still, bit easier with no JT surely.
They're fielding half a reggies side yet somehow they'll still **** us.

Maybe I'm just gun shy about cows now and feel what cows fans have felt for 20 odd years... almost karmic

They're fielding half a reggies side yet somehow they'll still **** us.

Maybe I'm just gun shy about cows now and feel what cows fans have felt for 20 odd years... almost karmic
Bit of Hunt revenge might go a long way.

Gonna have our hands full next week. Taumalolo, Granville and Morgan are scary

We will win this game.

Cowboys have too many quality players out. We'll come away with a scrappy win most likely.

Danger game.........

Tonight's result wouldn't help the Broncos cause.

If the Cowboys went in with a loss I could see it playing on their psyche. However now that they've finally got a taste they'll be a real handful for any side, especially one that just conceded 9 tries.

If you're the Broncos, you wouldn't want it any other way after last night. There's no point qualifying Top 4 if you're just going to get bundled out in quick succession. On paper they should win this game comfortably but based on everything I've seen, I have the sneaking suspicion we're about to see another Michael Morgan special.

Tonight's result wouldn't help the Broncos cause.

If the Cowboys went in with a loss I could see it playing on their psyche. However now that they've finally got a taste they'll be a real handful for any side, especially one that just conceded 9 tries.

If you're the Broncos, you wouldn't want it any other way after last night. There's no point qualifying Top 4 if you're just going to get bundled out in quick succession. On paper they should win this game comfortably but based on everything I've seen, I have the sneaking suspicion we're about to see another Michael Morgan special.

We definitely can't win the whole thing if we can't beat this Cowboys side with no Thurston and Scott.

I hate the cows with passion but man I can't help but respect the effort they are putting in each week. If we show up with our pea-hearts again this week they are going to make an even bigger fool of us.

The Cows are still a quality side and getting some cavalry back which helps their cause. We need to win, well or badly doesn't matter, we need to win. A loss, even an honourable one, I'll probably start jumping on board the pretenders train too. Until then, we are in this up to our teeth.

Jaydn Su'A will end up being a really good edge back rower. Hopefully we can find him a spot over the next few years, otherwise we might lose him.

Last edited:
Jaydn Su'A will end up being a really good edge back rower. Hopefully we can find him a spot over the next few years, otherwise we might loss him.

He will get his chance.

I'm not too confident in making any predictions for this one but one thing i can say is that Adam Blair is a downright quality player and you can guarantee he'll be spewing over how he played Thursday night. You can be sure he will come out next week and be the rock solid Adam Blair we're used too. You don't often see players of his standard have back to back shockers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Culhwch
  • Redux
  • Ffs...
  • Stix
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • john1420
  • Xzei
  • kman
  • johnny plath
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.