Round 3 - Broncos v Roosters - Post Match Discussion

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hopefully someone posts that run by Hala on youtube, I want to see if it's just as awesome out of context as it was during the match.

Hala was great tonight, made some really really important hitups in the context of the match, going to be hard to pick a bench at fullstrength.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Hopefully someone posts that run by Hala on youtube, I want to see if it's just as awesome out of context as it was during the match.

that's all he can do in a game. one massive run lol. he was fucked after that. but he should come on every game to charge at the half back like that

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Those losses hurt folks and I can't tell you how disappointed I am that a couple of posters have sunk the boot in after the fact.

But they don't deserve the attention tonight, no the 34 players who played a thrilling game of football were the stars of this occasion and while I'm bitterly disappointed with the result, I'm happy with that performance.

I'm sure it will come up later on replay but if you were to look at the Broncos on text book, you could point out a lot of faults but the one thing and the most important aspect is that they're completely committed and absolutely competitive. They are still building as a footy team but they've improved each week and I'm very excited about the way things will pan out in the coming months and further down the line, the season.

I was very impressed with our forwards tonight, they put in everything tonight against one of the best packs in the night and for my money were better.

Young halfback Ben Hunt showed why he has won so many fans on here. He's no Lockyer or Langer, but he's willing to have a crack and for my money, put forward the best effort of his relatively young career at halfback. I would like to see more of that.

Fans are entitled to point fingers, be critical whatever. I just hope we can all agree that the Broncos put forward a better effort than most would have envisioned.

If nothing else, I'm proud to be a Broncos fan and I hope you guys and girls feel the same way too.

Now time to hit the Bundy because that loss fucking hurt!

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
As much as I love Corey and appreciate his work and general game, I have always been extremely nervous when he attempts goal kicks from probably 20 and greater metres from centre. He is not the greatest goal kicker and it has cost us games in the past (this one, the Manly game from a couple of years ago). I do think what separates us from a premiership-wining side is a consistent goal kicker who can nail sideline conversions a very high percentage of the time

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Despite losing that was a very good effort and it shows we have definetly improved as a team.

More later

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Hala was great tonight, made some really really important hitups in the context of the match, going to be hard to pick a bench at fullstrength.

Good to see him get a good game in. Some storming runs!

Great to see how Oates slotted back in too. Even Wallace got some game time.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
There were so many penalities, bloody hell.....when the broncos got through they were being held down, the penalty was called and they weren't sent off, far out!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Humble Pie Confession: Jarrod Wallace + David Hala were very good off the bench tonight. I thought they would be liabilities but if anything I thought they brought a lot of energy out there and did not look out of place.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hala at his best is the type of forward you want off the bench with 3 other worker props (which McGuire, Hannant and Kennedy all are). Someone who can make huge runs and fire the team up and put them on the front foot.

MrMoore

MrMoore

NRL Player
Jul 27, 2011
It's a tough loss to swallow, but we did play really well. Every team should be very concerned about facing us. A top 4 finish isn't out of the question and a top 8 finish is almost a certainty going by that performance. Hunt needs to keep up his form and Hoffman needs to keep ****ing passing.

I agree, so much going on here. It was the premiers we were against, which in the end proved why they won it last year. Although it burns, I don't mind losing(not really) in the last minutes against the defending premiers.

If there was a double BOLD, I would use it to say **** HOFFMAN, **** GRIFFIN, I don't give a **** who you play at 5/8. A 5/8 can pass and kick, or at least spot a gap and go from there. Every time that **** knuckle gets the ball it's like 'yeah, I bet he jigs and takes tackle'. Shit, I haven't seen such a player in the halves take so many tackles since Wallace, AND THAT WAS LAST YEAR, WHICH IS WHY HE NO LONGER PLAYS FOR THE BRONCOS.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
look, as heartbreaking it was to finish like that, theres no point getting down about it.

im really proud of the team tonight. they looked up for the battle. clearly, there is a lot to work out on, but the attitude is there. these players want to win, and are playing for each other. they were feeding off the crowd tonight.

lets not get too down about this loss, it was disappointing, but we can be better for it.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I was actually delighted with that game. Yeah we lost, but we won the first two, and after both, I still thought to myself, we're fucked for season 2014, we only won because we did the basics right, we don't have another gear to go into for later in the year and we'll just pull up lame way before the home stretch. But after tonight, with what Hunt showed, I have a different outlook. Hoffman threw two nice passes, but is still not a five eight and never will be. But that he had success pretending to be tells me when Kahu comes back and we have Hoffman on the wing with Hodges back as well, we can make a showing this year.

I'll take that loss with Ben Hunt showing such great signs over a massive win off of the back of opposition errors anyday.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'm also very impressed with Vidot. His supposed attitude and bad hands have let him down in the past year, but he seems like he has fixed both. His work in starting our sets is massive.

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
I'm also very impressed with Vidot. His supposed attitude and bad hands have let him down in the past year, but he seems like he has fixed both. His work in starting our sets is massive.

Absolutely, he has been extremely impressive. Making some real good metres out from our goal-line. This might be a bit premature, but I reckon he might play origin this year. I'd have him in front of Chambers and O'neil, and Boyd might be still coming back from injury...

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Everything else aside, letting them get a short kick off was shit imo. That far down, with that long to go it was ALWAYS going to be the play. A learning experience and I point no fingers but ffs.....

A lot to like out of this game though. When's Kahu back and what happens when he is?

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

Laughed my freckle off when people weren't naming him in their starting side

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.