Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
Nice to enjoy a win and see the playing team happy but we are all aware it was against a dogs side that held us out till the 50th minute. The ensuing tries were just the dogs having their backs broken.

We were quite terrible but the win should hopefully save us from the spoon come September.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Nice to enjoy a win and see the playing team happy but we are all aware it was against a dogs side that held us out till the 50th minute. The ensuing tries were just the dogs having their backs broken.

We were quite terrible but the win should hopefully save us from the spoon come September.

We were terrible for the first half, no one will deny that but even Penrith didn't start pouring on the points until quite late last week. We finished 4 points shy of Penrith's total against them. There is a LOT to build on tonight.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Did I hear TPJ got 2 breaks / 3 stints again? If so, even though it uses 4 interchanges, it shows how important Tevita is to our team and how Walters has identified how to best manage him. It may not necessarily just be over-aggression getting him in trouble, but its combination with fatigue and therefore poor decision making and poor technique. The second half of last week he was great, how did he look tonight?

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Did I hear TPJ got 2 breaks / 3 stints again? If so, even though it uses 4 interchanges, it shows how important Tevita is to our team and how Walters has identified how to best manage him. It may not necessarily just be over-aggression getting him in trouble, but its combination with fatigue and therefore poor decision making and poor technique. The second half of last week he was great, how did he look tonight?
He wasn't super impressive but he did impose himself. I was impressed he turned a poor effort into a linebreak in the second half, looked like he was about to lose us 15 metres but he then created an opportunity..

Always did an impressive pass for farmworkers (lol auto correct but I'll leave it as is🤣) first half line break. He's actually becoming a leader of our pack

Last edited:
heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014

Yeah thats right mate, I think it works well for our current list. He gets two shorter rests, to freshen up and hear what Kev wants from him. I think he is the leader of the pack right now and that is good for TPJ and the team. He has been going about his business and just trying to find the right level of aggression, over the last few weeks. It's always been brain explosions that do him in. Under fatigue or from frustration so it's a good ploy by Kev getting him off, refocusing him and then getting him back out there with some boxes to tick from the coach.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
What did he show exactly?
Because I'm seeing a lot of hyperbole about his stint. He caught a ball from a great Herbie kick against a tired defender who played 80.
I thought he straightened up our attack down that right edge giving some nice early ball to Niu to get him on the outside of defenders. I like the way he stays alive on the ball, he doesn’t just throw a pass & decide he’s done his job, he supports it just in case there’s an opportunity.

I’m sure a lot of it had to do with the fact the game was won and they relaxed a bit & got a bit of confidence.

I don’t think Croft has made the most of the opportunity, he just seems too timid to me, and I think Milford ends up trying to do more than he should.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

Off 28th, on 34th, off 51st, on 68th

57 mins total game time

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
I am starting to feel for milf a bit. It is clear he has been told to run the ball but his timing/selection of when to run is just off at the moment. He is often forcing it and gets the ball and runs and whatever gap he spotted must close so he then stops, jinks and runs across the line looking to turn a forward back on the inside. The time when he was rushed on the last and forced to run was one of the times he looked more dangerous because he was responding and not having to think about it or selecting when to run.

He started getting it better in the second half. He didnt run as often but he was running onto the ball and because he was doing that, it attracted bulldogs players, giving herbie and mead more room to move. If he continues this, this will improve his opportunity to through a dummy and run.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Very interested in the @BooKhaki opinion of the worst player in the league. I'm sure there'll be a rationalisation of some description.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Oh, excellent. Good news. I didn't see any of that, too busy dping train stuff. Glad to hear it. Hopefully Isaako takes note too. Very casual stuff in his first try and I hate the one handed handroll, over the top put down. Seen so so many fucked up. Had it slipped from his grasp we may not have kicked on.
You DP your train? Gross.

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
Good win boys and I know they're buzzing every time they go in for tries, but PLEASE don't celebrate until you've put the ball down. Other than that, I hope the confidence gained will transfer to the weeks ahead because we're gonna need it

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
Regardless of the circumstances, Kev must have been pinching himself singing the team song as head coach of the broncos.
Was that Alfie in there throwing the ice out of the Eski.....always the life of the party.....LOVE YA ALF..!!!!!

Regardless of how this all ends at the end of the day, im loving the fact Alf and Kev are back together at the club.....

Last edited:
the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
What did he show exactly?
Because I'm seeing a lot of hyperbole about his stint. He caught a ball from a great Herbie kick against a tired defender who played 80.
Croft of Milford don’t score that try because they don’t support as much as Dearden.
He legit wanted his hands on the ball muiltiple times in the short amount of sets he played, which is a great sign.
Give him 80 minutes and I am sure we will learn he has a lot more to offer, but in 7 minutes we still learnt that he should be our first half picked in the starting 17.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • davidp
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Mr Fourex
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Manifesto
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrMoore
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.