Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

This was a bumbling mistake ridden performance,. Milford showed some spark tonight , but really we are sub standard from dummy half to six. We will probably win our fair share of games this year but I just can't see us troubling the top teams too much. We need an overhaul. What is it with Milford kicking regularly on the 4th tackle when we are still in our own half.

It's not really an enjoyable experience to watch the Broncos play footy at the moment. If you're just watch how James Maloney or Mitchell Pearce steer their teams around you realise what we are missing . How would Boyd go at six and Milford at fullback?

He kicks early in attack as well. One lead to the Glenn try the other was a turnover.

I feel like I sometimes watch a different game to some posters. The constant whinging about Macca and Boyd is verging on the ridiculous.
Neither missed the the two tackles to give away a 10 nil lead, nor drop the ball with the line open, nor get penalised for incorrect play the balls in our own half, nor charge off the try line to get side stepped by Korbin Simms! They didnt drop simple catches or go to sleep in their hit ups for the 1st ten minutes.
We missed a field goal and some passes were loose but neither of those things cost us the win. We failed to build pressure and had individual players playing as individuals without the team's situation.
We tend to be disjointed after a big effort game and it has to be addressed.

Add the dragons to the list of our bogey sides which includes the storm and the warriors. We get owned by these teams and can’t do a thing about it

Special mention to the eels as well. Quite a big list of bogey sides

Last edited:
Seibold's young guns handed a reality check

Author
Joel GouldNRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Fri 29 Mar 2019, 12:32 Email
Anthony Seibold has warned his young forwards that they must learn valuable lessons from the 25-24 loss to St George Illawarra if they want to play first grade each week.
Handling errors by Thomas Flegler and defensive misreads by Tevita Pangai jnr proved costly for the Broncos with both middle forwards below the high standard they set in the 29-10 win over the Cowboys.
Seibold said his forwards were outmuscled by the Dragons pack at the start of both halves and that 19-year-old Flegler in particular received “a big lesson”.
“He was coming up against experienced pros like James Graham, Tariq Sims and Paul Vaughan when he was probably on top of the world for the last six days after the Cowboys game,” Seibold said.
“A lot of people in the press were talking about him being the next Shane Webcke, which I can’t quite understand when you are two games into your NRL career.
remote.axd
>
Match Highlights: Broncos v Dragons
“He’s got a lot of potential but I reckon he learned a real valuable lesson tonight.”
Seibold said Flegler would have to understand what that lesson is if he wants to play first grade each week.
“We have to learn. We have some young guys who got some real pats on the back after last week’s game. The NRL has a real habit of bringing you back down to earth,” Seibold said.
“Tevita played the entire second half which from a physical point of view is a real step in the right direction... but one thing I did think is that the Dragons forwards won the physical contest.
remote.axd
>
Oates pounces on Dragons mistake
“You win or you learn in the NRL. We need to learn from this game. I talk to the players about the little things that… become big things. A lot of those little things are choices… and we got beaten in those areas by the Dragons.”
Seibold said his side “just dipped the toe in” but needed to “dive all the way in” to the contest to compete physically and emotionally on a regular basis.
He said his side “showed a lot of fight” but admitted they got what they deserved.
Winger Jamayne Isaako missed with a 78th minute field goal attempt after earlier dropping the ball with the line wide open which would have given Brisbane a 30-24 lead.
“The positive was that we created the gap but we’ve got to be better at executing that play. Jamayne just had to catch the ball and fall over the line pretty much... but the game wasn’t won or lost on that particular play,” Seibold said.
“I thought a lot of little things in our game weren’t where I would like them to be and where we need to be to get a result.”
Prop Matt Lodge is set to come back into the side for next Thursday’s clash with the Roosters at the SCG after serving a two-match suspension. Source:NRL.co

The way he spoke of Flegler maybe Carrigan gets his chance.

Add the dragons to the list of our bogey sides which includes the storm and the warriors. We get owned by these teams and can’t do a thing about it

Special mention to the eels as well. Quite a big list of bogey sides

This. This is whats most frustrating (for me atleast) about last night.

I HATE the Dragons with a burning passion, even before Hunt left. I hate losing to them and I cant stand the fact we've lost 3-0 to em since last year.

Yeah we played poorly but I wouldve forgiven it if we came away with the two points.

Nope. Hunt is laughing at us.

Unfortunately we have done it again. I don’t know what it is about this side but we are stacked full of talent and potential but we never live up to it. That game last night was terrible. The dragons were without their best two forwards and have been horrible this year. True to form we rocked up thinking our shit doesn’t stink and that we would win easily. They need to stop reading the CM articles about themselves and how good they are after every win.

TPJ is deadset a different bloke every week. I don’t think he made a hit up in the first 10mins. Just lazy. His constant need to be in the spotlight is really starting to annoy me. He needs to watch Taumalolo some more. He does the hard stuff not just the glamour stuff. Because he only shows up 1/2 the time I think we should get a 50% discount on any salary negotiations.

Some of the other guys had bad nights but that happens. Nikorima, Flegler, isaako were the ones who come to mind.

Once again Glenn, bird, gillett and Milford were the best for us.

Can see us beating some quality sides this year but will be bundled out again with our pants around our ankles come September

It's bloody 2018 all over again, this time with even more frustration and anger..

Forwards were dominated by a team missing 2 of its best forwards.. Blame the halves all you want but when you have 2 running halves and your 'best' forward is getting sidestepped by Korbin F*cking Sims you've got issues. They didn't break through or push the dragons back all night. Lodge is our best forward by a country f*cking mile, thank god he is back next week.

The wrestle. We won't win a comp while we are the only team in the comp that let's opp teams up to play the ball so quickly. It cost us the first try with 1 or no markers and they went straight up the middle, and it costs us massive metres when we are trying to build pressure in def. We are constantly slowed down which hurts Maccas piss poor service even more, then we let opp teams get on top of us, let the edge back rowers run at our halves who are on the back foot retreating the 10m all f*cking game.

Refs putting the whistle away on this has made it even more obvious of an issue.

I hate how f*cking invested in this team I am, the weekend is f*cking ruined already and its Friday f*cking morning. Driving home from the game last night so pissed off with how we played, laying awake pissed off at how shit we played. So frustrating

Last edited:
It's bloody 2018 all over again, this time with even more frustration and anger..

Forwards were dominated by a team missing 2 of its best forwards.. Blame the halves all you want but when you have 2 running halves and your 'best' forward is getting sidestepped by Korbin F*cking Sims you've got issues. They didn't break through or push the dragons back all night. Lodge is our best forward by a country f*cking mile, thank god he is back next week.

The wrestle. We won't win a comp while we are the only team in the comp that let's opp teams up to play the ball so quickly. It cost us the first try with 1 or no markers and they went straight up the middle, and it costs us massive metres when we are trying to build pressure in def. We are constantly slowed down which hurts Maccas piss poor service even more, then we let opp teams get on top of us, let the edge back rowers run at our halves who are on the back foot retreating the 10m all f*cking game.

Refs putting the whistle away on this has made it even more obvious of an issue.

I hate how f*cking invested in this team I am, the weekend is f*cking ruined already and its Friday f*cking morning. Driving home from the game last night so pissed off with how we played, laying awake pissed off at how shit we played. So frustrating

I feel every part of that last paragraph.

Ruined my night, my friday and weekend.

I hate how emotionally and financially invested I get into this team.

TPJ is becoming a real problem, he was unbelievable last week but then last night with his rushing out of the line trying to knock blokes into row 1 he was a liability and the Dragons knew it, I wouldn't be surprised if that was their game plan going into the game, it certainly handed them their first try.

Our halves were great last night, we were beaten by a side who wanted it more basically, now we have the Roosters who will be heavy favourites to win followed by the Tigers who are playing well at the moment, we could easily be 1-4.

5 things: These things happen to young men

MARCH 28, 2019Brisbane failed to back up their performance from last week and suffered a heartbreaking 25-24 loss to St George Illawarra.
Here five things we learned from the match.

1) Broncos teammates have thrown hosannas all year at Jack Bird’s efforts and attitude, but he was part of a vulnerable left side.
By halftime, Bird had missed two tackles and Anthony Milford three. Bird ended up with six misses, while opposite number Euan Aitken had 123m up by halftime, including two line breaks.
222b0187b874939b6ca133362ed23346

Brisbane slumped to their second loss of the year. Photo by Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images.
2) Thomas Flegler was given only 25 minutes in the game after his vastly impressive, 172m maiden Queensland derby outing.
A dropped ball either side of halftime, particularly the second, a cold drop on his 40m line which gave away possession for the try to put the Dragons ahead 16-12. The 19-year-old’s teammates Isaako (twice) and Corey Oates also dropped what they might, as the AFL commentators used to say, have taken.
It can happen to young men and Flegler and Isaako will bounce back quickly.
3) Two tries from a turnover in the Dragons’ 20m area, another try from a sticky fingered slips catch from James Roberts and a fourth from a Milford grubber.
It would have been a ropey old way for the Broncos to get a win.
4342ee364c1f29985f8fec1da1fde4cd

Brisbane were lucky to be as close as they were. AAP Image/Dave Hunt.
4) The line speed of Tevita Pangai Jnr in getting to ball runners is a thrilling sight.
But he didn’t get to Korbin Sims on the Broncos’ tryline at 18-all despite his explosive energy and the ex-Brisbane teammate was free to bowl over the smaller Andrew McCullough and score.

Source : Courier Mail

We’re a work in progress but this will test Seibolds resolve.

I feel like I sometimes watch a different game to some posters. The constant whinging about Macca and Boyd is verging on the ridiculous.
Neither missed the the two tackles to give away a 10 nil lead, nor drop the ball with the line open, nor get penalised for incorrect play the balls in our own half, nor charge off the try line to get side stepped by Korbin Simms! They didnt drop simple catches or go to sleep in their hit ups for the 1st ten minutes.
We missed a field goal and some passes were loose but neither of those things cost us the win. We failed to build pressure and had individual players playing as individuals without the team's situation.
No, the McCullough criticism is 100% valid. We are not speaking of last nights game alone. I have no problem with Boyd although I would have preferred he tackled someone. He'd be a hero if he got his hand to the ball but it didn't work out this time. McCullough is just adequate but you cannot just have two strengths, tackling and experience. He has a poor and slow pass, he seldom makes metres from dummy half, he seldom kicks (last night he made one good one from memory) and he isn't a stabiling force nor controlling hooker. I know it's unfair to compare to a certain future immortal in Cam Smith but that's the aspirational gold standard. McCullough has had literally hundreds of opportunities in games to attempt to emulate what Smith does as a matter of course and sadly, McCullough comes up woefully short.

McCullough wasn't the reason we lost but he was as responsible as any other.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, outside the intercept try, what did Roberts contribute last night? A whole bunch of nothing.
He isn't really fit but something he does convinces the coach to put him in. Last year WB kept picking him when we all know he wasn't fit for a WHOLE game and now Seibold is doing it. I'd rather Staggs or another occupies that spot until a fully fit Roberts returns.

Welcome to bhq. Any loss means 10+ pages of rending garments and tearing hair while the usual suspects flog their preferred scapegoats. Still, at least this year we don't have to read about how Bird is shit and the worst player ever and he's garbage and probably smells bad and Wayne Bennett is senile and stupid and over the hill and out of touch with the modern game for having bought a player who then got injured.

Last edited:
I don't really get all the criticism of TPJ to be honest. Obviously he was much better last week, but last night's performance in a vacuum was still fairly decent. Pretty much everyone was making basic mistakes, but he still ran for 172 metres. I don't think it was a performance he would be proud of, but given what I just watched a guy that tried too hard sits better with me than guys that didn't try hard enough.

I don't really get all the criticism of TPJ to be honest. Obviously he was much better last week, but last night's performance in a vacuum was still fairly decent. Pretty much everyone was making basic mistakes, but he still ran for 172 metres. I don't think it was a performance he would be proud of, but given what I just watched a guy that tried too hard sits better with me than guys that didn't try hard enough.
I don't think he was bad, he just has to learn he can't smash everyone every tackle. I don't want him to lose his aggro at all, but he just has to be a bit more controlled with it.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • sooticus
  • Shane Tronc
  • jd87
  • Brotherdu
  • Cavalo
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
  • broncsgoat
  • ettybay
  • Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.