Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Why are you asking us? We're 3 rounds into a season. Who gives a ****! Focus on the positives at this stage. No one wins a premiership in March. Thanks for calling me a genius, which I am, but also stop getting so butthurt over one loss. There's still a lot of footy to be played before pulling out the old crybaby card.

Why are you asking us? We're 3 rounds into a season. Who gives a ****! Focus on the positives at this stage. No one wins a premiership in March. Thanks for calling me a genius, which I am, but also stop getting so butthurt over one loss. There's still a lot of footy to be played before pulling out the old crybaby card.

Is there a rule that I can't ask questions so early in the season? Didn't expect you to be so sensitive mate.

Crybaby? Lol, far from crying pal but I am disappointed, especially from a performance like that. We were lucky to even be in it. Any Broncos fan who cares would be disappointed. It's called being emotionally invested in the sporting team you support, okay genius? Get it? Good ;)

I hope I'm wrong but I see the same trends from 2018 still in our game where we blitz it one week, look like premiership contenders, and the next week we look terrible. Yep, it's only round 3 but I'd of hoped they shook off that inconsistency in pre season.

Not panicking yet but let's see how next week goes.

Long time lurker, had an account a while ago but forgot the login.

I watched the game late when it was nearly complete knowing the score as I went, and to be honest was completely surprised as the game progressed how well we looked considering the mistakes.

I think the sentiment for the halves has been tough. Milfords game tonight was tight, he made great kicks and looked dangerous at times. Nikorima looked dangerous regularly and neither of the halves failed to direct this game. The only thing that killed us was mistakes. Considering the dragons completed 5/5 after half time while we were at 0/4 plus numerous other errors before and after, I think we did well to stay competitive. We were remaining composed far later into the game than usual which I think is a huge plus. It simply came down to errors tonight, if we didn't make mistakes we didn't lose that game, other than that I think we looked dangerous and sharp, with only basic errors to fix instead of structural changes.

Last edited:
The tries we scored tonight were mostly lucky, we did nothing to create any opportunities or really build pressure.

Ravalawa drops it cold, we pick it up, try. Widdop drops it cold, we pick it up, try. Roberts intercept try. Etc.

Tonight's performance was diabolically bad if you break it down and really analyze it.

Our first contact was extremely poor too, dropping off tackles, missing tackles etc. Not to mention no energy at all in the defensive line. No enthusiasm.That's an attitude and fitness problem, not a coaching issue.

What's wrong with these guys?
Possibly agree about attitude but certainly not about fitness. I thought they were right on top of that at least. They will get better though and the season is long so I don't think fitness is an issue. We will look better next game and the game after when Lodge then Haas are back on deck. Tonight was below par but I'm optimistic because there are signs here and there.

I was very bothered by the stupidity of trying to play at a frenetic pace during the set up to take the field goal. That kind of play should have been in slow motion. There is zero to gain from a quick play the ball when the defense is always going to be 20 metres from the kicker and not even half that distance by the time the ball has been kicked. Dumb dumb dumb.

I think we stick with Boyd at fullback. He seems to be playing way better than what he was last year and he often makes the right decisions on his passing in our backline movements.

I thoroughly agree with the people saying we need to get Gillo out of lock....we have better options. Niko creates some good opportunities, but he can do that from the 9 or 14 jumpers. Milford is building, we need to patient with him. He will be performing well soon enough.

Lastly, Macca.....we will not win the title with this bloke at hooker. Saying that we have no other viable options is a cop out.

In some ways these losses are crucial in highlighting our deficiencies, in order to make the very necessary changes needed to become the team we can be. If we keep showing loyalty to these average players than we risk blowing our opportunity to be great over the next few years.

Last edited:
Said it before the season started, and I’ll say it again, Kodi should be super sub. Look at how good it worked in 2015 - he literally won games for us off the bench (Souths game)

6. Milf
7. SoS/Deardon/whoever

8. Lodge
10. Pangai (who needs to fucking focus and not just be a missile in defence)

Unfortunately both Fifita and Gillett are right edge, so Glenn has to stay left unless one can adapt very quickly.

11./12. ideally Gillett and Fifita, but probably Glenn + Gillett

13. Joe O

14. Niko
15. Flegler
16. Haas
17. Fifita/Su’A/etc/etc

This needs to be done Seibs. Don’t die on the hill in your first year
I’d sooner have Bird at lock and Staggs at left centre. Thought Bird went okay while playing lock tonight.

I’d sooner have Bird at lock and Staggs at left centre. Thought Bird went okay while playing lock tonight.

He'd be good, but we have massive, mobile forwards with huge motors. We need to capitalize on that by having them on the field and dominating the middle.

Edit: Flaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was Milf playing a 7 role for a bit tonight? He seems to really kick into gear there for a bit.

I feel like a 7 will sort a lot of our rot out.

He'd be good, but we have massive, mobile forwards with huge motors. We need to capitalize on that by having them on the field and dominating the middle.
Problem is the one everyone here is talking up as going to lock has zero skill.

The positive to take away from this game is that we didn't let the Dragons run riot over us and blow us away on the scoreboard. The effort was there, we got ourselves back in the game and got ourselves in a position to win but poor execution and errors cost us.

If we fix those, we'll be alright.

So much hate on Niko. Didn't see him knock on once. Thought he looked dangerous as hell...Brisbane were dangerous all night with the ball.

To put on 24 points with 69% completion rate is pretty nuts. 29/42 is the real person to blame.

I’m not down to punt Isaako, he’s shown he can be good. He’s just struggling a bit, not saying he wasn’t shit house tonight but you wouldn’t punt him.

You'd punt McCullough though wouldn't you mate...??

FMD he's getting worse. He's our new Peter Wallace

Last edited:
Mistakes and lack of leadership when it counted.

We need a captain in the line for this squad. Boyd at the back doesn't seem to inspire. When the forwards were quiet, no one rallied. I think last weeks performance was off the back of TPJ.

Niko was 50/50, Milfs kicking game is becoming fantastic. Kodi has ability to dart and be quick on his feet, but without hearing conversations on field it appears its not very structured. We lack the ability to turn the screws and steer a game. Its all reactive footy with the halves.

Macca, im still not sold on his service speed. He did have a nice dart and kick to the sideline, was an excellent choice.

TPJ is not worth 1 million yet. His discipline and decisions seem inconsistent. I wonder how he gels with the squad, he does seem his own man. Plays hot and cold because hes self fueled rather than team fueled - my perception/opinion.

Was Milf playing a 7 role for a bit tonight? He seems to really kick into gear there for a bit.

I feel like a 7 will sort a lot of our rot out.

Been thinking it for a while....suggested it, but was ignored.

Milf at 7.......Bird at 6.....is the way to start building a premiership.

Been thinking it for a while....suggested it, but was ignored.

Milf at 7.......Bird at 6.....is the way to start building a premiership.

Bird has the intelligence to steer the team and read a game. Would also stiffen up the edges in defense.

Don't really see much in the way of improvement with just a different number on Milford and putting Bird in the halves. He's still going to play exactly like he's playing now, trying his best to control the game, and limiting his natural running. Kodi wears the 7, but he mostly plays what he sees at that moment, not really like a halfback. That is unless he swings around and plays 2nd receiver on the left (not this round though), or Boyd calls for it on the right, those are the only movements that seem pre-planned with him. So even if you swap jerseys, I don't think anything would really change.

Last edited:
Some positives from tonight

1/ Bird is getting better each week
2/ Still have Lodge & Haas to come back
3/ We played TERRIBLE and lost by only 1 point

I feel sorry for Niko, he tried really hard. Unfortunately there’s just no room for 2 five-eights. Need to call in SOS

Active Now

• marw
  • dasherhalo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jedhead
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.