Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Now I've never been a kicker but I'd be interested to hear how Isaako achieved that fade. Whether that's his technique or a poor strike.

Pretty certain it was because he was still heading a bit sideway and not balanced, not some JT/Beckham-like curve

Sorry I would have thought Ben Hunt running it on the last in the Semi Final would have been a universal reference. It was the same rationale. He didn't back himself to get a good kick away and tried to catch the Rabbits off guard. Hunt was lambasted on the play because it wasn't the common sense option.

A minute on the clock, scores level you've got to set up for the field goal. It's easier option with far less variables to worry about.

I disagree with the idea of treating the field goal as a last resort. When the scores are level it has to be the priority. When the shots on the team has to take it. I was fine with the decision and it looked like Isaako had it before the late fade. Now I've never been a kicker but I'd be interested to hear how Isaako achieved that fade. Whether that's his technique or a poor strike.

fkn hell BP...you're making way too much logical sense with that post...not sure that it will allow any illogical rebuttals

I thought the FG was the right play personally but needed to be reassessed after that ankle high pass. It was tackle 3(?) either take the tackle, offload or put a step on to try and get closer to the line...ready for option 2, Milf.

I thought waiting until the last was the right option.

Even if we couldn't get a shot away, they would not have had the time to get a shot.

Why do the broncos love a 3rd tackle kick?

Field goals early in the tackle usually free up time and space that definitely isn't available on the last. That said, its a little harsh to blame a rookie winger for missing a shot on goal for our loss. He'll learn from it and thats all you can ask. He was in a similar position last year and stepped around his opponents and scored. Shame he didn't try to repeat it.
He had a shocker in general play but sometimes it happens. It wasn't a lack of effort but a lack of confidence. He seems to suffer the same as oates when it comes to making a mistake and both players need a little help there to learn to focus after doing so.

Williams seemed to kick an easy field goal from close range I noticed ...

2 - A lot of us were confounded by WB's seeming inability to make obvious team changes (mainly spine positions) and looked forward to 2019 when AS would no doubt make those blatantly obvious changes, but here we are with a new coach and still the same spine. Why is AS not making the changes? Is it possible that the 1, 7 and 9 aren't as bad as many of us think?
Might be a simple case of giving them enough rope.
As a new coach intending to make a real go of it here, I am sure he doesn’t want to make wholesale changes and upsetting the whole camp from the get go. Hence Boyd’s captaincy. That said, there will come a time when he needs to act. I am one that hopes that time is not too far away.

So having had a chance to see the whole game, I think Seibold should try swapping Fifita and Gillett. Fifita is big and a good athlete but he doesn't seem to cause opposition defenders much grief on the edge. At least not yet. Gillett is pretty much hopeless in the middle. I think the Dragons pack is the best in the competition by some margin. They did that without two SOO forwards. In another year or two our forwards may be better or maybe they are just over-hyped. Joe O was the only one of our forwards who matched them. TPJ made lots of metres but some of his missed tackles were ridiculous.

I honestly just don't see a viable alternative right now to Macca. Our best option imo is to let Macca start and take the sting out of the game then Swap him with Niko

Or get Segeyaro for a minimum deal

Last edited:
Are there any decent hookers going around in the SL at the moment? What the hell is Parcell up to these days

There has to be a good reason nobody will touch him because he isn't a bad player.

Yeah, this. He's a very good player and yet nobody will touch him. Stinks of off field issues to me.

Or get Segeyaro for a minimum deal

A player of his caliber is unwanted by every one of the 16 teams, even for minimum wage ... that speaks volumes, considering all of the players that have gotten, 2nd, 3rd or 4th chances at different clubs

So having had a chance to see the whole game, I think Seibold should try swapping Fifita and Gillett. Fifita is big and a good athlete but he doesn't seem to cause opposition defenders much grief on the edge. At least not yet. Gillett is pretty much hopeless in the middle. I think the Dragons pack is the best in the competition by some margin. They did that without two SOO forwards. In another year or two our forwards may be better or maybe they are just over-hyped. Joe O was the only one of our forwards who matched them. TPJ made lots of metres but some of his missed tackles were ridiculous.

Fifita is beasting it on the edge. Might not be breaking through yet, but he's getting between defenders and earning very fast play-the-balls. The Dragons pack only seemed "the best in the competition" because they had so much possession and field position because our players dropped the ball so much. There was a reason they were 0/2 and only beat us by 1 point.

Are there any decent hookers going around in the SL at the moment? What the hell is Parcell up to these days

Just in my opinion, but i think the best hookers going around in Super league are still James Roby, and the other is Paul Mcshane from Castleford. Problem is, they are 33 and 29 respectively.

Personally, i'd be trying to pry away Harry Grant from the Storm

Last edited:
Just in my opinion, but i think the best hookers going around in Super league are still James Roby, and the other is Paul Mcshane from Castleford. Problem is, they are 33 and 29 respectively.

Personally, i'd be trying to pry away Harry Grant from the Storm

Could be doable with Smith refusing to retire apparently. Macca’s durable but he may retire before Smith at this rate. Then depends if they haven’t burnt out BSmith playing middle off the bench

Unread

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • Fozz
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.