Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Interesting note from the post-game presser, the Farnworth for Arthars swap at the 55 minute mark was a pre-determined strategy before the game.

Yeah I got nothin'. I have no idea what positive effect that is supposed to have.

Couple of things..

According to NRL.com we only had 36% possession for the game, that's gotta be close to the lowest possession % in the history of the NRL, I'll have to ask David Middleton about that one.

Few other interesting stats, the Eels touched the ball 208 more times than us, passed the ball 136 more times, made 18 more offloads and ran for more than 1,000 more metres than us.

Those are some of the most one-sided statistics I've ever seen in a Rugby League game.

Which would even up a lot more if we could actually hold onto the ball, but apparently that is too much to expect from an NRL team.

Unfortunately this is hardly a new problem for us. We don’t seem particularly adept at learning from our mistakes...

I’m not that angry or worried. It’s only round 3, I think Parra are premiership favorites, and we had an absolute shocker with our handling.

Backrow is a big issue though. Hopefully we sign Teo this week and Hopa disappears. And I think there’s some chance that Oates is just washed up.

Settle down ppl. In this reality it's round 1, remember that. Let's get the season into a bit of a swing before we pass judgement.Still early days, there's a loooong, looong way to go yet. Chins up!!

These rule changes are really going to benefit the teams that don’t play such structured footy. Seibs is massive on the structure side of things, which could really undo us this year I feel.
He looked rattled in that presser. I think he may regret telling the media numerous times that these changes were going to benefit us.

The other thing that looked obvious to me tonight was that we looked pretty unfit. Yes we did a hell of a lot in defence, but there were times Parra just looked like they were miles ahead of us with their fitness.

I really fear that some of these players read the media too much and are buying into the the whole media outrage that these young guys are out and out superstars.
Apart from Haas and Fifita, not many of them have proved anything just yet.
I got the feeling tonight that they just thought it was going to happen for them, hopefully it’s just a wake up call, but next week v the roosters won’t be any easier..

Yeah I got nothin'. I have no idea what positive effect that is supposed to have.
I thought the option they could have gone with to get herbie on the field, given the shocker hoppa had, would be replace hoppa and have the whole right side move in one.
Staggs to second row, arthurs to centre and herbie to wing.

I’m not that angry or worried. It’s only round 3, I think Parra are premiership favorites, and we had an absolute shocker with our handling.

That we had a shocker doesn’t worry me.

That we had a shocker for the same reasons we have had a bunch of shockers recently and we cannot seem to learn from them, is what worries me about this team. A lot.

Backrow is a big issue though. Hopefully we sign Teo this week and Hopa disappears. And I think there’s some chance that Oates is just washed up.

Hope so too, but he is well into his 30’s now and been out of the game a long time.

I hope he can come back in and instil some pride in this team and teach them some professionalism, but we’ll be asking a lot from him if we do sign him. I hope he can still deliver?

That was a comment from Boyd. ‘At the end of the day, it’s just a game of footy...’

Sums at up there ‘who gives a ****’ attitude entirely...

If only they were paid according to that attitude, we might actually see some sign from them that they give a shit...
This right here

Who’s on borrowed time?
Glenn will be around for 20/21
Milford 20/21
Bird 20/21
Boyd 2020
Oates 2020 (21,22 PO)
Ofa 2020 (21,22 PO)

They are our most capped players.
Out of those blokes above, I’d only look at keeping Glenn and Milford (on no more then 400k) beyond 2020.
Oates has checked out of the NRL.
Ofa is someone who has never really impressed me.
Bird has the potential to be great, but let’s face it, it just hasn’t worked out between the 2 parties.
These PO are really going to kill us. I genuinely have no idea how they work in the clubs favour, they 100% benefit the player. They know they can turnout bludgers and still have a job for years into the future. It’s a joke, we need to put an end to them imo.

Boyd is on his last legs and is only being given this reprieve out of respect. Gillett's retirement and his solid 2019 saved Glenn from facing the axe, he is not in the club's long term plans and Seibs won't hesitate to drop him out of the starting XIII. Ofahengaue is one off-field incident away from having his contract torn up and he's the most likely player to be shopped around. Oates is on his last chance on the wing and if he doesn't aim up he'll make way for the new crop. He's the other most likely player to be shopped around, and the most likely to have his role modified in the team. Not even Milford is safe, if him and Croft don't click then it's Milford who will go UNLESS Seibs goes before him. The belief is that they got Milf the 7 and 9 he needs to do his thing and now he has to put it into action.

That's what I consider borrowed time.

POs mean next to nothing and if the club want to white ant a player they will.

Last edited:
I thought the option they could have gone with to get herbie on the field, given the shocker hoppa had, would be replace hoppa and have the whole right side move in one.
Staggs to second row, arthurs to centre and herbie to wing.

Maybe it was more Machiavellian than that? Deliberately not go right (or left or straight) for 55 minutes and then boom! Switch the entire game plan and suddenly go right with broad sweeping plays, standing deep in attack, forwards suddenly running onto the ball hard and have the halves swing into action with beautiful set plays, accurate kicks just hard enough for chasers (I think they are still a thing in the NRL aren’t they?) to reach at the perfect moment, all set up for a fresh new winger to finish expertly...

Unfortunately this masterpiece of planning was un-done by a team that could barely hold the ball for more than one tackle in a row...

Boyd is on his last legs and is only being given this reprieve out of respect. Gillett's retirement and Glenn's solid 2019 saved him from facing the axe, he is not in the club's long term plans and Seibs won't hesitate to drop him out of the starting XIII. Ofahengaue is one off-field incident away from having his contract torn up and he's the most likely player to be shopped around. Oates is on his last chance on the wing and if he doesn't aim up he'll make way for the new crop. He's the other most likely player to be shopped around, and the most likely to have his role modified in the team. Not even Milford is safe, if him and Croft don't click then it's Milford who will go UNLESS Seibs goes before him. The belief is that they got Milf the 7 and 9 he needs to do his thing and now he has to put it into action.

That's what I consider borrowed time.

POs mean next to nothing and if the club want to white ant a player they will.
Some good news there I guess.
Tbh I don’t know why we re-signed Oates last year, said it countless times back then also..
I’d have to agree that milf would be on his last legs at the club If he doesn’t gel pretty quick with the current 7 & 9 (unless he takes massive unders to stay).
I had heard they were shopping Ofa around, pre his imposed club stand down, so I was somewhat surprised that more didn’t come out of his last incident.
I’d be looking to hook both Hoppa and Oates against the roosters and putting Herbie on the wing and bring Paix onto the bench.
Give Lodge more minutes and potentially look at swapping Ofa out.
However I don’t think any of that will happen, outside of maybe Paix coming in, but then again Turpin was given man of the match for us tonight. How Haas and Croft weren’t above him for the award is beyond me.

I agree, it’s depressing but the same issues just continue to crop up, year after year.

Our middle is hot garbage, regardless of which direction we’re going in.

Our game plan generally, stinks. (Our super tactic of the week - replace a perfectly fine winger, with a younger, less experienced one... Gee! That should really turn the tide...)

Our attention to detail and ball handling is usually atrocious.

Our halves generally have no idea what to do with the platform they are given, when they actually get one, which is about once every other week atm, and the games we do win are generally off the back of some individual pieces of brilliance.

Unfortunately I am starting to doubt this will change any time soon.

I am liking the fact Seibold is managing to cut away the dead wood, but why can’t he get these guys performing to a reasonably consistent level?
All good points, it’s the repetitiveness of it all that has me terrified, same game plan week in week out no different to last year but without fifi or tpj in the team or staggs not scoring three tries. These things aren’t a weekly occurrence you can’t expect that to be your game plan. Seibs is genuinely scaring me, I see too many smiles on the training field, fucking smile after the game with a beer win or loose but knowing you played hard and didn’t do dumb shit. Only a select few seem to bring the needed intensity and that’s seemigly self driven “never a bad thing” but still the guys are getting paid a premium and have proven literally nothing. The last player who had proven to be a winner is now cooked. I get the players all have to start from somewhere but thinking you’re fucking awesome and getting your ass handed to you kinda points to maybe you got to work a little harder.

Last edited:
Some good news there I guess.
Tbh I don’t know why we re-signed Oates last year, said it countless times back then also..
I’d have to agree that milf would be on his last legs at the club If he doesn’t gel pretty quick with the current 7 & 9 (unless he takes massive unders to stay).
I had heard they were shopping Ofa around, pre his imposed club stand down, so I was somewhat surprised that more didn’t come out of his last incident.
I’d be looking to hook both Hoppa and Oates against the roosters and putting Herbie on the wing and bring Paix onto the bench.
Give Lodge more minutes and potentially look at swapping Ofa out.
However I don’t think any of that will happen, outside of maybe Paix coming in, but then again Turpin was given man of the match for us tonight. How Haas and Croft weren’t above him for the award is beyond me.

Turpin made 65 tackles apparently... 🤷🏻‍♂️

The more I marinate on this game the more annoyed I get. I mean after that final they had so much to play for.....

Why is everybody shitting their britches 1 game into the new draw? Holy **** calm down and take a breath, it's not so bad. If we are still playing like this 5 rounds from now then I will let you piss your pants but until then just let this shit play out.

Total mismatch and not for a rusty Parra, the scoreline would have rivaled last September. The stats were very similar to last year's horrid playoff match and the total dominance in territory and posession certainly brought back some awful memories.

There will be more blowouts. This is a very young and inexperienced side and inconsistency will still be a key factor as it was last year. There will look like world beaters one week followed by dogshit the next. The spine is still a major worry and the defensive line is very flimsy at times. If COVID doesn't interfere with season any further, 2020 as far as the Broncos are concerned will be very similar to the previous one. They will have a sniff of a playoff spot and it will be 50/50 if they snag a berth this year.

Active Now

• Spoon
  • azza.79
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • Stix
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • BroncosMan
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.