Round 3 - Broncos vs Roosters - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I'm gonna cry at this game and how sad is it gonna be when JYY goes around on a lap!

He's not dying! he'll be around at the club for a long time.

My confidence about this game is like a roller coaster.

It's up, it's down, it's up. Today, it's down and I think it's going to stay down.

Main reason? Hoffman.

People can say what they like about his defense, but defense only wins games when you have points on the board. We have struggled to score points against average teams and he is one of the main reasons why. Now we're going up against the best defensive side of 2013.

He constantly squanders chances to put points on or apply pressure by doing the only thing he knows, running at forwards.

I know Hunt is not good himself, but he at least has a bloody crack. We can't keep relying on Barba and moments of brilliance to get us out of the shit.

I actually believe Hunt could be better if he had a better halves partner to help take some pressure off him.

It does not bother me if Broncos lose as long as they have a bloody crack instead of playing this one-out conservative bullshit. That's one thing I always liked about the Broncos in the past, they had a crack. They chanced their hand, they tried doing something!

I know there has been a lot of criticism directed towards Hoffman, but it's well justified.

All I want to see from Hoffman is just some ball playing. Is that too much to ask for?

Rant over.

Last edited:
Hoffman didn't have enough ball playing skills for fullback so Hook puts him five eighth. That makes sense to me... NOT!!!!

The Roosters have us covered all over the park, the inspiration cry of "let's do it Jharal" will work for about 10 mins and then sheer skill will take over. Unfortunately there will be a lot of suicidal sad sacks on here late Friday night. Roosters by 16+.

Hoffman didn't have enough ball playing skills for fullback so Hook puts him five eighth. That makes sense to me... NOT!!!!

Having Hook coach a NRL side (let alone the Broncos) doesn't make sense, full stop. 20 yrs from now, we will look back at this period and still suffer with intense vomiting and severe flashbacks.

Having Hook coach a NRL side (let alone the Broncos) doesn't make sense, full stop. 20 yrs from now, we will look back at this period and still suffer with intense vomiting and severe flashbacks.

Have you ever met Lewis06?

He purported to be a Broncos fan for years, yet only ever spoke negative of them. The team, the management, hell, he even bagged the fans for having faint glimmers of hope. Even bagged the good old days because we had too many things in our favour. It got to the point where we couldn't even ascertain if there was any period of the Broncos history that he actually felt positive towards them. Eventually he just became a running joke because everyone knew of his agenda and therefore discounted 99% of what he said. It was sad because he actually had decent knowledge of Rugby League. Oh well, thought I'd ask, carry on.

Have you ever met Lewis06?

He purported to be a Broncos fan for years, yet only ever spoke negative of them. The team, the management, hell, he even bagged the fans for having faint glimmers of hope. Even bagged the good old days because we had too many things in our favour. It got to the point where we couldn't even ascertain if there was any period of the Broncos history that he actually felt positive towards them. Eventually he just became a running joke because everyone knew of his agenda and therefore discounted 99% of what he said. It was sad because he actually had decent knowledge of Rugby League. Oh well, thought I'd ask, carry on.

Lewis06 was a total ****.

He was a massive Darius Boyd fan.

Anyways, here is my predicted minutes breakdown for the side this week

Hannant 53
McCullough 80
Parker 71
Glenn 80
Thaiday 63
Gillett 80

Hala 9
Kennedy 27
Lowrie 17
Wallace 0

Our bench will be interesting. I don't think we can beat the defending premiers with 16 men. Maybe time for Granville to get a run.

Our bench will be interesting. I don't think we can beat the defending premiers with 16 men. Maybe time for Granville to get a run.

McCullough has been our best player so far.

Let's reward him by cutting his minutes.

You don't need to switch hookers during the game. You CAN have 2 on the field in the later stages of the game.

You don't need to switch hookers during the game. You CAN have 2 on the field in the later stages of the game.

And where will McCullough play?

Are people just going to throw up random "put Granville on the bench" posts every week while he is under contract?

The first 2 wins have been good but haven't been pretty or convincing and the Roosters are the best team in the competition imo and are far better than us around the park. If we can compete with them the good signs would be continuing but I'm not confident about winning this one.

And who does he replace?

One of the forwards. Explosive dummy half running is deadly against tiring opposition.

And which one will defend in the back row? McCullough's good in the middle, with bigger defenders around him, but he was comprehensively trampled when he defended in the back row against the Warriors last year. Granville? Not on your life.

And where will McCullough play?

Are people just going to throw up random "put Granville on the bench" posts every week while he is under contract?

Not at all. Granville could have a run in the back row or he could have a roving commission. I only mentioned his name because I think we need a few more attacking options. We're averaging three tries a game so far - the Roosters would have little trouble running that down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Midean
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • Bronco bob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • phoenix
  • ozzball
  • bazza
  • mitch222
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.