POST GAME Round 3 - Storm vs Broncos

Yeah I don't have an issue with that Sims penalty. Epic tackle ruined by a bit of thuggery.

I would have an issue with Milf being charged though. I only saw it the once but I couldn't see any similarities to the shoulder charges that have been charged so far this year.

Looked the same as the tapau one just not as much force for obvious reasons. I thought it was a classic one. Had his arm tucked like a L shape. Imo it should be be inly oenalised if it gets somebody high. Sometimes you can't avoid it

You guys saw every other tackle that happened tonight? Or every tackle Melbourne has made over the last 10 years for that matter? Elbows, twists, forearms, fingers in the face. What Sims did wasn't a penalty, until a Bronco did it.

Lol cmon lets not be one eyed

If Milford miss next game for shoulder charge. Who gone be playing 5/8. I will play kodi nikorima in 5/8 next week.

Melbourne got away with elbows and in the case of Slater, punches, all night and not one penalty for it. Sims gets a dominant tackle and bang! Penalised.

That refereeing was disgraceful and while primarily disadvantaging Brisbane, the Storm also had some weird ones. The Broncs still should have won if not for those stupid decisions in the second half and that stupid flukey stuff that only happens against us.

This team's ability to be unlucky in big moments is the biggest concern.

Melbourne got away with elbows and in the case of Slater, punches, all night and not one penalty for it. Sims gets a dominant tackle and bang! Penalised.

That refereeing was disgraceful and while primarily disadvantaging Brisbane, the Storm also had some weird ones. The Broncs still should have won if not for those stupid decisions in the second half and that stupid flukey stuff that only happens against us.

This team's ability to be unlucky in big moments is the biggest concern.
We dropped the ball about 17 times. Nothing to do with the refs. Shits me when all our supporters always blame the refs. Nothing but ourselves to blame. The chambers try was a try that every man and his dog has said was a terrible call. It comes in swings and roundabouts.

Its always penalised in the nrl. Origin its open slather but not club games. Lewis Brown got done last week

Brown wasn't penalized last week.

You will find it's very rarely penalized. You could count all the times in the past few years on one hand.

Brown wasn't penalized last week.

You will find it's very rarely penalized. You could count all the times in the past few years on one hand.

Well it was the week before. Rarely penalised because I rarely see the ol fashioned massage. That one was blatant though. He might of got away with it if he didn't try it twice. Slater got away with a sneaky elbow im pretty sure when he had the ball early on but I didn't see a replay of it

The chambers try was a try that every man and his dog has said was a terrible call.

That was the correct call.

You can't use the surface to roll the ball over, you've got to have control of the football.

Think of it this way, if you did that anywhere else on the field, it'd be a knock on.

The Broncos copped the rough end of the pineapple tonight and given how Melbourne played it may have been the difference. Hopefully the Broncos take more out of the loss and address the issues otherwise it's going to be a long season.

Would anyone be against starting Herman from now on? We need more metres from our starting forward pack, he's averaging 165 metres per game over the last 2.

8. Ese'ese
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Pangai Jr
15. Sims
16. Glenn
17. Arrow

Fai on the bench instead of Arrow if you want more metres.

The Melbourne Storm sensationally stole a thrilling 14-12 win over the Brisbane Broncos in the final five minutes to remain undefeated to start to the season.

With Brisbane holding onto a 12-8 lead, it took a double ricochet off of two Broncos players for Josh Addo-Carr to score in the left corner and level the scores.

Captain Cameron Smith didn't fail, converting the winning conversion from the sideline in a frenetic finish to a fast-paced thriller.

While the Broncos will be disappointed to drop to a 1-2 record, they were gutsy in defence throughout the contest with the Storm dominating possession and a 43-8 advantage in opportunities inside the opposition 20-metre zone.

Melbourne tested Brisbane early, enjoying the majority of possession inside Broncos territory but the visitors withstood in defence to score first.

James Roberts pounced on a spilled Cooper Cronk pass to race 60 metres to score under the posts and establish a 6-0 lead after 10 minutes.

The Storm finally cracked the Broncos line after a sublime short pass from Cameron Smith down the short side for Ryley Jacks to score in the left corner and level the scores midway through the second half.

With Brisbane on the ropes, Billy Slater finally took to the field as the Storm kicked the penalty goal for an 8-6 lead after 30 minutes.

There were encouraging signs for Slater throughout the match as he constantly threatened to breach the Broncos line. He looked comfortable at the back and nearly set-up several tries.

It was a huge moral victory for Brisbane to trail just 8-6 at half-time after the Storm dominated first-half possession with 18 opportunities in the Broncos' 20-metre zone, compared to Brisbane's single opportunity.

Coming out of the break, the Broncos earned a repeat set and Ben Hunt capitalized to slice through the defence 20 metres out and score under the black dot for the visitors to regain the lead 12-8 with 30 minutes to play.

The Storm had plenty of opportunities to cross but just couldn't convert with many attempts going over the sideline or falling just centimetres short of the try-line.

With 12 minutes to go, Melbourne looked to strike before Will Chambers was controversially denied and ruled short of planting the ball.

However, a fifth-tackle penalty with under five minutes left gave the Storm one final opportunity 10 metres out and Josh Addo-Carr latched onto the rebounding ball for the equalizing try before Smith added the winning extras.

For Melbourne, in addition to Slater, Jesse Bromwich was inspirational in his early return from a dislocated thumb injury, making 23 tackles with 15 runs for 132 metres.

Melbourne Storm 14 (Ryley Jacks, Josh Addo-Carr tries; Cameron Smith 3 goals) defeated Brisbane Broncos 12 (James Roberts, Ben Hunt tries; Jordan Kahu 2 goals) at AAMI Park. Half-time: Storm 8-6.

http://www.nrl.com/storm-score-late-win-in-slaters-return/tabid/10874/newsid/104726/default.aspx

To me our defensive gameplan is done on purpose.

It's happening too much for it to not be the plan.

You use less energy by waiting for the attack to come to you which means you are able to hold teams out for longer if you get it right. And by keeping a straight line and not moving up, you decrease the chance for overlaps which was the case a lot of the time tonight when Storm went wide and we had the numbers to shut it down.

I think the reason why we were able to hold out the Storm for so long is because we were waiting for them to come to us.

New game plan guys... Knock it on heaps so the other team loses their structure

I can't believe that, just finished the DVR after work. The refing tonight was absolutely terrible. I am really starting to see this sport as nothing more then a WWE circus that is sent around. Manufactured fairy tails, the forward passes that smith does 90% of the time, the control of the head every tackle, the lying down and barely a call. I am disgusted that we could not seem to get a penalty unless we were in our own red zone. Boyd had every right to up those refs.

In saying all that we didn't help our self's much with our errors but frustration often leads to them.

I got the impression, we're beating ourselves as much as anyone else. We had them by 4. We had a great set that got them down that end. What do we do. Pass a face ball to maguire. He knocks on.
When your leading by 4 with less than 5 left, thats the time the spine should take control. Everyone else is there to hit gaps, no more. Plan for repeat sets or static set re-starts ie. kick for touch and play for defensive sets in your opponents half. Simple.

Remember when we used to do that outside inside play from dummy half with k hunt having success on inside. Heck even Wallace and Hoffman used to do it. How come we don't do any plays like these anymore? It's all one out stuff

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • Lozza
  • johnny plath
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • Morepudding
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.