POST GAME Round 3 - Storm vs Broncos

With Milford out next week, it's going to be interesting to see how this team plays. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they play better to tell you the truth.

Milf is out?

It was more of a shouldercharge then taumalolo's. Just didn't rock the bloke. Take the week milf. They aren't letting anybody off

Not confirmed @broncosgoat but he should miss the game which makes tonight's loss even harder to swallow.

@Super Freak could be right, but based on what I saw live if it looks like a shoulder charge it's bound to be charged as one. It's an automatic 200 point penalty, even if he pleads guilty it's 150 points, so he'll miss a week, have carry-over points and a prior on his record.

The most disappointing aspect of tonight's loss was that the boys were robbed of a key moment. It's late in the game and Milford (or was it Marshall?) came up with a tremendous kick that had Melbourne pinned inside their 20. Brisbane had done a Melbourne on Melbourne and were looking to make a statement. Electric Storm winger Suliasi Vunivalu uses his speed and elusiveness to try and help the Storm out of their end only to be met with a devastating hit by Korbin Sims. It was a fantastic tackle and you could see how much it inspired the boys, only for the referee to rob Brisbane of that moment with a terrible decision.

Yeah he did. At least three knock ons/dropped ball. Apart from that he was a weak spot in our defensive line.
Umm really?? Give me some proof of that like missed tackles and tries scored through him??

Wayne should have dragged Milford and played Benji at 6. For all of Hunt's flaws, he still has less flaws than Milford, and I'm this close to thinking he'd make a better 5/8 than Milf.
I'll make sure to quote you next week and every week after this one on this exact post. Goodluck

If Milford gets suspended for that, it's a fucking joke.

Suliasi is 192cm's and weighs 99kg's and running at Milford at speed.. Milford was bracing for a big fucking bloke running at him.

I hope common sense prevails.

Umm really?? Give me some proof of that like missed tackles and tries scored through him??

That's not in my contract. Let me back it up with another anecdote.

For all the forward progress he gave us we'd have been better with another forward in his place.

Not confirmed @broncosgoat but he should miss the game which makes tonight's loss even harder to swallow.

@Super Freak could be right, but based on what I saw live if it looks like a shoulder charge it's bound to be charged as one. It's an automatic 200 point penalty, even if he pleads guilty it's 150 points, so he'll miss a week, have carry-over points and a prior on his record.

The most disappointing aspect of tonight's loss was that the boys were robbed of a key moment. It's late in the game and Milford (or was it Marshall?) came up with a tremendous kick that had Melbourne pinned inside their 20. Brisbane had done a Melbourne on Melbourne and were looking to make a statement. Electric Storm winger Suliasi Vunivalu uses his speed and elusiveness to try and help the Storm out of their end only to be met with a devastating hit by Korbin Sims. It was a fantastic tackle and you could see how much it inspired the boys, only for the referee to rob Brisbane of that moment with a terrible decision.

He gave the bloke a fair elbow massage. Not once but twice. Was pretty silly

There's been a lot of complaints about our offense but we had no fucking ball in their 20 and when we did we looked threatening.

The killer was macca throwing a crash ball for McGuire after a quick play the ball when it had to be spread out the back. We were in front by 4 and they were playing like they had to chase points, because it was a rare opportunity inside their 20.
Lost the game right there

Watch it again the penalty was correct... Korbin belted him which was fine but then he proceeded to facial him with his forearm twice.

It was great play that was ruined by a brain explosion... something we weren't short of

Yeah I don't have an issue with that Sims penalty. Epic tackle ruined by a bit of thuggery.

I would have an issue with Milf being charged though. I only saw it the once but I couldn't see any similarities to the shoulder charges that have been charged so far this year.

Cheers guys, I'll have to see a replay.

Whether it was the referees or Korbin, the penalty was the game-changer.

Re the milf shoulder charge I thought the new interpretation was something about forceful impact by moving forward in the attempt or something similar

Basically it allows some to be cleared if they are bracing for impact which I believe milf was doing as whoever he hit had just come off a left foot step straight back into him.

No way we should try to fight it though because the powers that be will have none of it

You guys saw every other tackle that happened tonight? Or every tackle Melbourne has made over the last 10 years for that matter? Elbows, twists, forearms, fingers in the face. What Sims did wasn't a penalty, until a Bronco did it.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Rambstien
  • Shane Tronc
  • BruiserMk1
  • Foordy
  • Dexter
  • Stix
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • johnny plath
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.