Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

My thoughts -

Things I liked -

• Our 2015 defence is back! We scrambled and worked for each other and look like a team again.
  • Hunt's try was amazing.
  • Gillette and McCullough were so good.

Things I didn't like -
  • Apart from our D, our forwards lacked any kind of impact with the ball.
  • When one out hit ups didn't do anything, what happened to shifting the ball that worked so well last year vs the storm?
  • Benji.......I think he has his place, but he needs to come on with a specific task in mind, like run from dummy half. I can't remember who he replaced, but he had zero impact and the storm made more metres targeting him. We missed having an extra forward on the bench.
  • The refs
  • The storm. I keep wondering why we can't have the same type camaraderie with the storm as we do with the cowboys, so many 'QLD Mates'. The contrast in attitude and niggle between the cowboys games and storm games couldn't be more stark, and it is not all the storm.............i'm looking at you Thaiday and Sims.
  • Thaiday and Sims let the storm get to them and gave away stupid penalties right when we needed them to stand up and lead from the front. Very disappointing. Worst game of the season from both of them.
  • Milford was terrible. We lack the ability to change plans mid game. Every time he got the ball, he was smashed. So, how about pass it to someone else out the back every now and then? E.g. when we tackled Slater on suspicion.
  • Hunts kicking is still poor. At least he has the excuse that we were kicking from our own half all night.
Other thoughts -
  • It's been 3yrs of positive play. Apart from the cowboys, no one seems to be buying into it, specially the refs. Melbourne got away with rubbish the whole game but we got penalised. Time to hire a wrestling coach maybe? Not really, but seriously, the NRL should instruct the refs to play to the most positive team. If Sharks and Storm want to lay all over each other, let them, but if one team is clearly trying to play faster, the refs should encourage a faster more positive game.
  • It's early days, but we really need a 3 or 4 more wins before origin.

Overall, I thought it was encouraging although I had a feeling we would lose even though we were in front. We've played 3 of the top 4 teams from last year and have shown we can mix it with the best, BUT, we need to show we can start closing these close ones out, until that happens we are only going to be bridesmaids.

We were playing like we were behind. Our attack was complete rubbish. Our forwards fell for the Storm dirty tactics and lost their heads, costing us the game. The reffing was bad too but you need to expect that in this comp.

The storm got called for offside early in the game.
Referee: "Cam that was the second time, you need to get back"
Why not call it first time! They did it to us when the storm were coming out there end

The storm got called for offside early in the game.
Referee: "Cam that was the second time, you need to get back"
Why not call it first time! They did it to us when the storm were coming out there end

I heard that too. It shits me when they do that. That is one thing I like more about union, the advantage rule. Either blow the whistle, or play advantage if the teams looks to have a chance.

Maybe in League, playing advantage could mean resetting the tackle count. If you are constantly offside, or slow in the ruck, the tackle count just restarts.

Penalties could be strips, high tackles etc.

We were completely out muscled and I hope Bennett noticed that as much as the rest of us. We have to leave either Glenn or Arrow out for another prop.

Caught a replay of the Sims incident.

I can see how I missed it the first time, the original angle didn't show anything. While I can live with the penalty, I can agree with others that it was an inconsistent call. It was silly of Sims to test the referee, especially when they'll scrutinize anything when a team is on the back-foot but I'm tired of the consistency of it all and how much of a bearing penalties coming out of trouble have.

I didn't have the sound on, what was Sims penalised for?

Sims got penalised for slamming his forearm into Vunu's face. It was a penalty but it was no different to the BS happening all though the game.

Tough call at that point.

The way I see last night is if I'm a Storm supporter I'm not happy with last night.
They had all the possession, refs let them get away with murder and could only manage an arsey try at the death to snatch a 2 point win.
Broncos lacked in some areas but played with plenty of grit.
At several times towards the end of the second half we were clearly winning the battle and in control only to **** up and lose momentum...But they kept at it and would defend themselves back into a position of dominance.
If they can defend like that and work out the errors things will turn around very quickly.

2usk121.png

I wonder if Cameron Smith would have made the same decision last night?

A crash ball versus three defenders while his receiver hadn't committed to a line versus a 3-2 over-lap down the blind with one the most potent backs running off one of the greatest ball-players to have ever played the game.

I have no idea what Gillett, Blair and Milford were doing either.

The lack of organisation and inability to know where to be at what time is hurting this team.

2usk121.png

A crash ball versus three defenders while his receiver hadn't committed to a line versus a 3-2 over-lap down the blind with one the most potent backs running off one of the greatest ball-players to have ever played the game.

The lack of organisation and inability to know where to be at what time is hurting this team.

The Jacks try showed what Smith would have done in that situation.

That's one of the problems with McCullough, he doesn't have the best awareness..

I could think of plenty of other hookers that would have spotted that.

2usk121.png

That's fucked... I left the room at this point

You can see why McCullough did what he did, Hunt ran the ball, so Milford was the only playmaker really available, and he was on the left, but it was clearly the wrong choice in that circumstance. I can almost guarantee we would've scored if he went right to Marshall, would've been Marshall, Roberts & Kahu vs Blair & Addo-Carr, we score that try every day of the week.

They lost due to giving away too many penalties and being unable to hang onto the ball. Simple as that.

Four guys Marshall, Roberts, Kahu and gillett against two Blair and addo-carr. If Andrew pass the ball to Benji. Benji can either pass to Roberts or pass inside to gillett.

Terrible to watch a game with the expectations that you will lose in the dying minutes. Had it last week, and had it this week. Every great side has a closer, we have no closer....period.

McCoullough, Gillette and especially Oates were the standouts. Nothing to complain about defence wise other than if Roberts makes a proper tackle on the play where the Storm scores at the end.

Offence is the issue. Out muscled and outplayed. Our points came as a results of of intercept try and one moment of running brilliance from Hunt as opposed to constant pressure, ball control, repeat sets.

That said, it isn't the end of the world. We lost two games to a couple of the best sides and by small margin at that. Not time to start shaving your wrist folks.

Smith got away with his foreard passes once again. One right in front of the ref. He got away with being offside the entire game. Didn't see the storm square at marker often. Refs lost the plot.

Finally one for the good guys - best quote of the night from Darius.

What did Darius say BRC? I missed that.

2usk121.png

Looks pretty much the same scenario Smith had down our end when he went to the blind side for their 1st try. Smith constantly looks at his options, Macca only occasionally

Active Now

• jd87
  • Fozz
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Morepudding
  • eggstar10
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Big Del
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • mrtij
  • johnny plath
  • PETERN
  • phoenix
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.