Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Ball is on the ground when the pinkie touches. The exact same ruling comes into play.

I'm looking at that again, and you're right, the ball is on the ground when he touches it, it's yet to start its upward bounce, so downward pressure would have been applied. That's a try.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Lets talk about Kodi.....

Why are we putting up with him and his performance tonight showed zero leadership and terrible kicking ability.

If Milf and Macca had the pressure taken off them by kodi - tonight would have much more of a different story.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
As for the Bird try, that was a clear try. If the ball was in the air, it's no try. But it was on the ground. If you put your hand on a player with the ball on the ground it's a tackle, don't need downward pressure then.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Lets talk about Kodi.....

Why are we putting up with him and his performance tonight showed zero leadership and terrible kicking ability.

If Milf and Macca had the pressure taken off them by kodi - tonight would have much more of a different story.

Because people look solely at the number of games won with Milford and think yes they make a great combination, without looking at the actual substance of those wins, the combination, how they compliment each others game and what they bring to the game outside of a running game.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Because people look solely at the number of games won with Milford and think yes they make a great combination, without looking at the actual substance of those wins, the combination, how they compliment each others game and what they bring to the game outside of a running game.

Thankyou, somebody that see football through similar eyes that i do.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Thankyou, somebody that see football through similar eyes that i do.

Put it this way, if you locked or lowered the standard of Lockyer(5/8th making the transition back there in the later part of his career) and Langer's(2002) running game up which was shown at the backend of their careers at the Broncos they still offered a hell of a lot to the side. If you did the same to Milford and moreso Nikorima you would be in the shit. Some may say that is an unfair comparison but the reality is if you shutdown Kodi or Milford's running game there they don't have much else to offer.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Put it this way, if you locked or lowered the standard of Lockyer(5/8th making the transition back there in the later part of his career) and Langer's(2002) running game up which was shown at the backend of their careers at the Broncos they still offered a hell of a lot to the side. If you did the same to Milford and moreso Nikorima you would be in the shit. Some may say that is an unfair comparison but the reality is if you shutdown Kodi or Milford's running game there they don't have much else to offer.

Completely agree, there is no structure or direction. Whats worse - is the captain is not correcting this on field or stepping in to lead the way.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
It needs downward pressure regardless which is in the fine print of the rules.

Which is exactly why Hall's try against the Aussies in the 2014 Four Nations was not a try.

That has never been a try.
To be fair, what constitutes a try in 2018 is a lot different to what it was even in 2008, let alone winding it back further.
One example is the corner post rule.
A different way to look at it I suppose is; if thats a defender trying to ground the ball in their own in goal, have they succeeded?
I actually don’t know what I think is the right call, I’d like to see it a few more times and mull it over.
What I am certain about though is the need for consistency. If that’s not a try in round 3, it better remain so for the rest of 2018. But I guess this is the NRL, so anything could and most likely will happen.

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
Simple solution. If it's a draw at full time we check with Gould to see if both teams deserve a point. If so, game over. If not play on. Seems a fair and equitable system.

Teams deserve something. 0.5 points both teams at full time. 1 point up for grabs in golden try (or highest score at end of 10 mins). Any penalty is differential (no penalty goals) with 5 minute sin bin (maybe carries to next game so don’t offend last minute) if defending.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • MrMoore
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.