# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

BroncsNBundy

BroncsNBundy

NYC Player
Contributor
Jul 29, 2013
Unfortunately, it wasn't.

No downward pressure whatsoever.

Disagree. Ball ON the ground rolling only needs a fingernail to touch it without propelling the ball forward. Which is clearly shown in the replays. Try

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
For the first time in awhile, during a Broncos game, I was quite calm and thinking pretty clearly. I was watching our boys during that game and it's all very clear to me what our issue is. It comes down to one thing and one thing only - attitude.

Our attitude is so inconsistent it's getting ridiculous. The 1st round, we didn't even want to be there and the Dragons killed us, we were absolutely pathetic and deservedly got hammered for it by the media and everybody. So, round 2 comes along and we play to our potential and then some. We were hitting hard in defense, the forwards were on fire and totally dominating their opposition, the attack was crisp, fast and on, kicking game was good and overall, our attitude was switched on, energetic and we had a killer instinct.

Then, after that win, all the negative talk went away because we won etc. The boys won, everything was all good. And tonight, we dished that up. Unenthusiastic, no energy, clunky attack, frustration, uninspired performance.

Yes the 2 points is fantastic, I'm happy we got the 2 points but honestly, that was a very worrying performance. I don't know what Broncos team is going to show up anymore. When we are on, we're on and we can smack every team in this competition, we are deadly when we want to be but that's the thing - do we want to be? Do we really want to pay the price? At the moment, we look like we want to get the easy wins without fighting hard for it getting into the grind and dominating.

We were just lucky the Tigers attack was just as bad as ours.

I'm happy with the 2 points but that's it. I'm concerned.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
I'm curious as to who comes in now. Fai or tagatese? Does Pearson play?

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
were are going to have to disagree because I don't think it could be clearer.

I don’t agree with that

Jk. I would be ready to Russell packer someone if that had been awarded against us. I don’t think it’s a try ever and am glad it wasn’t awardwd

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Personally I think no try as IMO he pushed it .

WTF was Niko doing with the no look pass to Gillette? unnecessary fLAIR or looking to see if the fullback moved off to go himself, whatever it was just draw and pass, footy 101. It shits me when tries get bungled like that.

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
At what point can we officially admit we have no #7. Being fast isn't enough.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'm curious as to who comes in now. Fai or tagatese? Does Pearson play?

Easy. Tagataese.

I imagine Pearson will come in. Although, Opacic has shown he can be quite handy on the wing.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Massive credit to the Tiger's defence. It's not like Milford or Nikorima had much to work with. The Tigers just never gave up and were able to scramble in order to cover up any half-gaps. Even on our breaks, the had 3 or 4 defenders around the runner, stifling any chance to get a ball away.

That's spot on. At the same time, we are still standing too flat, no real depth. It's been endemic to this team for years.

Their defensive pattern was also a perfect opportunity for some shot kicks behind the rushing defensive line for runners like Milf and Roberts. Sadly, that sort of creativity is missing.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
For the first time in awhile, during a Broncos game, I was quite calm and thinking pretty clearly. I was watching our boys during that game and it's all very clear to me what our issue is. It comes down to one thing and one thing only - attitude.

Our attitude is so inconsistent it's getting ridiculous. The 1st round, we didn't even want to be there and the Dragons killed us, we were absolutely pathetic and deservedly got hammered for it by the media and everybody. So, round 2 comes along and we play to our potential and then some. We were hitting hard in defense, the forwards were on fire and totally dominating their opposition, the attack was crisp, fast and on, kicking game was good and overall, our attitude was switched on, energetic and we had a killer instinct.

Then, after that win, all the negative talk went away because we won etc. The boys won, everything was all good. And tonight, we dished that up. Unenthusiastic, no energy, clunky attack, frustration, uninspired performance.

Yes the 2 points is fantastic, I'm happy we got the 2 points but honestly, that was a very worrying performance. I don't know what Broncos team is going to show up anymore. When we are on, we're on and we can smack every team in this competition, we are deadly when we want to be but that's the thing - do we want to be? Do we really want to pay the price? At the moment, we look like we want to get the easy wins without fighting hard for it getting into the grind and dominating.

We were just lucky the Tigers attack was just as bad as ours.

I'm happy with the 2 points but that's it. I'm concerned.

I agree with you for the most part but I wouldn't say the negativity went away after the win against the Cowboys, if anything the media and critics dug in even more to have shots at Lodge, angry at Bennett for his interview and how unfair the Cowboys were robbed cause of the sticks.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Parker does tho...

The other was Ennis... which I admit was a stretch

Ennis played at the Broncos, but like Ikin I wouldn't really regard him as being a player fully attached to the club either.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
So you people are of the opinion Eng was robbed too?

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Disagree. Ball ON the ground rolling only needs a fingernail to touch it without propelling the ball forward. Which is clearly shown in the replays. Try

For the ball to be deemed grounded, pressure must be applied by the player’s fingers, hand, wrist, forearm or torso so as to create a reasonable influence on the plane of the ball including the spin, rotation, momentum or bounce.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I don't think Bird's was a try but that is not even close to grounding that.

Unread

Active Now

• Ondi
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • Cavalo
  • kman
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Jedhead
  • Froosh
  • eggstar10
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.