Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Turn it up guys, Bird's was not a try. He barely got his fingers to it, let alone applied downward pressure

It's simple physics. The ball is on the ground, Bird's hand is above and behind the ball. If he knocked it on as the video ref claims then he had some force to it so there must be some downward force to go with the forward force.

DY-JajdVAAAEdzW.jpg:large

giphy.gif

Do you have a screenshot of before the ball was being played?

Rochow was never square which is why he was pinged.

It's simple physics. The ball is on the ground, Bird's hand is above and behind the ball. If he knocked it on as the video ref claims then he had some force to it so there must be some downward force to go with the forward force.
Was just about to say exactly this.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned how poor Nikorima was. Other than that linebreak he made, he was terrible. His kicking game was atrocious.
It's been mentioned and I certainly did especially his kicking game, still a long way from convinced his got a long term future at 7.

I'd love to have a closer look at the bat back on the short kickoff. From the high shot it looked like his foot was on the line.

Downward pressure doesn't apply to fingers and hands anymore does it? I'm pretty sure you can ground it with your body too(Though different in type of try awarded I recall a try being awarded after the change in this fashion with no contact from the hands).

It needs downward pressure regardless which is in the fine print of the rules.

Which is exactly why Hall's try against the Aussies in the 2014 Four Nations was not a try.

That has never been a try.
Seen plenty of them awarded

I'd love to have a closer look at the bat back on the short kickoff. From the high shot it looked like his foot was on the line.
I was looking for this when they showed the replay and it was close but he looked pretty well in

McGuire, Lodge and Sims' metres were crazy good.

Terrible game to watch, but these sort of games we haven't won in recent history.
Both teams were coming off big games last week and both teams were flat for it... We played a side that is defending well in greasy conditions, lost good players to injury but still managed to win.
I'll agree we played like shit but some good signs were there... Bird looked good for his first game back, Milf kicked well (was quiet) but had some decent touches and I thought Sims was outstanding(bar the stupid penalty).
Was a hard game to watch but always thought we were going to win, we were making decent meters, just looked a bit lost towards the back end of the sets and the ball control wasn't the best.
These are the type of games you have to win, and we did.

Was just about to say exactly this.

You expect those muppets to understand Newton’s law of motion when there can’t even determine offside from a hundred billion camera angles ?!?!?

I thought Milford's kicks were pretty good for the most part, but some of our last
were terrible. Too many we ran the ball midfield with playmaker in sight. Its such an easy fix that could have put that game away a lot earlier. On the plus side, the bench forwards really stood up. Sims has been noted, but thaiday played a lot better too. I know opacic is not a winger but his effort was first class with his hit ups. I'd have loved to have Roberts playing wing outside him instead of throwing him wide. He can really set up his wing. It might mean Roberts is heavily marked on the edge but that in itself might have left some space.
As it was opacic was too slow out wide, too high in finishing and little more than an extra hit up.
You could fix it, but it makes more sense to draft in Pearson. That is, assuming he shows form. Leave opacic on the bench or draft in sua/whoever is in form.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • ezpz
  • bb_gun
  • LGH
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Stix
  • Financeguy
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.