Round 3 - Titans vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, that was probably the softest penalty of all time - how many times do you see that a game?

Big Pete said:
To be fair, that was probably the softest penalty of all time - how many times do you see that a game?

But it was rubbish from Te'o. Soft penalty no doubt but why would you throw the ball away when you know a penalty will be given.

Big Pete said:
That's the thing, he didn't know since they're usually ignored.

But it's been penalised a few times this year. They are obviously cracking down on it, so all clubs would've been notified that they are doing so.

Has it? Which games has it been penalised when a player has thrown the ball away?

Seriously I saw JT do it at Suncorp and nothing was made of it.

I just hope he learns from it.

Big Pete said:
Has it? Which games has it been penalised when a player has thrown the ball away?

Pretty sure there was one in Melbourne v Manly last week. There was at least one other as well but I can't say I remember every detail.

Pretty sure there was one in Melbourne v Manly last week.

There wasn't.

EDIT: But look if you're adament there was one I'll take your word, I didn't sit through every game last weekend so I couldn't definitely say otherwise and I don't exactly want to check every penalty on Game Analyser to see if I'm in the right.

I can live with Te'o giving away that penalty at this stage in the comp. because for years that was a non-issue. However if he or any Bronco does it again then they definitely deserve all the criticism they can receive.

Big Pete said:

There wasn't.

I thought there was. But I could be wrong. But I am positive I have seen it a couple of times this year. Just can't remember every penalty that occurs in a round of football.

I remember one last weekend as well. I thought it might have been the Broncos game but I couldn't be sure.

I think it's a pretty soft penalty. I get it if the player is obviously trying to waste time but Te'o looked more frustrated than crafty when he did it. He shouldn't have done it but I'm not going to crucify him for it.

Titans just got smashed by the Storm.

As the Panthers showed, beware of the rebound.

Big Pete said:

Thurston does it all the time and gets away with it the fuckwit

Jeba said:
Big Pete said:

There wasn't.

I thought there was. But I could be wrong. But I am positive I have seen it a couple of times this year. Just can't remember every penalty that occurs in a round of football.

Slater got penalised today for it

Gagai needs to go back to U/20s till he learns to catch.

Copley or Kemp to replace him.

Anyone off to see Kemp play tomorrow?

smiley said:
Gagai needs to go back to U/20s till he learns to catch.

Copley or Kemp to replace him.

Anyone off to see Kemp play tomorrow?

Give Gagai more than 2 games FFS.

Kemp is not an option yet IMO and Copley well he only played last night because he was our only option.

EDIT: But look if you're adament there was one I'll take your word, I didn't sit through every game last weekend so I couldn't definitely say otherwise and I don't exactly want to check every penalty on Game Analyser to see if I'm in the right.

I can live with Te'o giving away that penalty at this stage in the comp. because for years that was a non-issue. However if he or any Bronco does it again then they definitely deserve all the criticism they can receive.

Is all I've got to say.

I won't argue the fact this penalty occured AFTER Te'o's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.