Round 3 - Titans vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Very satisfying walking away from Skilled Park with a win icon_thumbs_u

Great defensive performance tonight, and as has been said, last year we wouldn't have won that game. This team is really coming of age. We haven't conceded a second half try so far this season, and have only conceded 5 tries in 3 games. Obviously we are working hard on our defence and it's paying off.

And Fozz - drive to the game brother. Much easier icon_thumbs_u

I'll hand it to your boys, you were under the pump.

Just like the last two rounds, our attack has been dismal and a few people need to have long hard looks at themselves.

Well done Broncs.

In the last 2 games only 12 points scored against us, from two top 8 teams last year.
2 tries in two games against us, very impressive.

Wallace has no creativity at all! His kicking game is pathetic, every single kick he made went straight to a titans player. His defence is great I will give him that, but really we need a player who can take pressure off Lockyer and he is not that player.

Nashy said:
Titans dead last. Nice.

word.

The good thing about a titans home game is that it doesnt take long for me to get home. so you will have to excuse me, but im a little fucked and have hit the backspace key about a million times already.

SHIT YEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!! Maroon and gold. this is how we do it!!

hodges was the fucking man, I almost fainted, I aint gonna lie.

20k crowd, my ass!!! as fans, we outdid those wankers tonight, take a bow, Broncos fans who went to the game, we owned that stadium!

Paul Gale is shit.

When did Choppy Close become a Titans man? slowly losing respect for a great man.

Peter Wallace is shit, the two times i remember Lockyer kicking, he either found touch or at least it bounced before a titan got it. wallace kicked it down the throat of 1,2 or 5 from titans all night.

Our handling is so shit. if we could hold the ball we would have won comfortably.

with that said, best defensive effort I think i have ever seen from any team. we showed no signs of letting in a try other than from kicks and we had 37% posessionm i think!

had a blast beating the titans. love it. lets go Broncos, the real queensland team.

All i can say after that game: First word that springs to mind is lucky. How we sucked up all that titans attack with our goal line defence is unreal. Hodgo is a legend, that try he scored will go down in the record books as a great derby moment! I hope his hammy is ok! Apart from that, I thought it was a fiercely contested match that either side could have won. Was texting shit to a titans mate all game and he was as worried for most of it as i was. I known it has been a massive boner of contention on this site about hunt being the 4th bench player, I don't know what to say about his performance - at times I was wishing mcculogh was back on the field, and at other times I was cheering hunt on like he was always meant to be there - I guess that after tonights game I would rather hunt be our teams hooker and open up the 4th bench spot to someone else, who??? Well, I need another rum now, so will sign off. Oh yeah, GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just read my post and realise i didn't cover the forward pack at all, good work hannant, parker and gillet.

Oh yeah, forgot to say how shit it is that hoffman was injured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beale did a reasonable job at fullback when he went back there. Corey norman next round????

We deadset stole this game from the Tits and the refs, because on the back of our (lack of) possession, handling errors, one-sided BS penalties against us, and what the Tits got away with (especially fwd passes), most teams would have copped a hammering!

It's clear what Hook's focus is atm, and our defense is amazing, while the desperation and scrambling is as good as I've ever seen at the Broncos. [eusa_clap.gi
It's winning these scrappy games that makes the difference at the business end of the season, between finals or not, or even a top 4 berth, because once we start controlling the ball and handling properly, we will put a lot of teams to the sword.

Hoffman unlucky with that dropped ball, but made up for it with that dashing try. For a moment there, I thought he was gone, that's how much faster he was that all the Tits pursuing him. Hope it's indeed just a cork.
Beale started miserably on the wing, but was excellent at FB with one especially amazing try save. Too bad he's so... bland in attack, but he definitely justifies the high praise he's had in that position.
Reed was fantastic in defense and safe under the high ball. Just wish he had more speed.
Hodgo, to repeat what someone else has said, it's like he was never gone. His stinging defense, dummy runs and trade mark try, showing us what we’ve been missing and making Spwn mess himself… repeatedly! [icon_razz1
Yow Yeh made a couple of excellent defensive reads in hairy situations, but coughed up that ball that nearly cost us a try.
Lockyer seems a bit out of sorts. Second time in a row that he kicks a penalty to a winger, while his attacking flair is suffering from all the defensive work he has to do.
Wallace’s best performance since 2009 IMO. Huge work in defense with 2 try savers, coupled with more lively runs to the line in attack, a beauty of an assist for Glenn and another rather simple assist for Hodgo’s try. Too bad he missed that sitter… [icon_non
It’s true that the didn’t find the grass with his kicks, but that is a fairly hard thing to do when you’re on the backfoot and kicking from your own 30 meter line while both opposition wingers and fullback are positioned and waiting for it.
The forwards produced an amazing display of defense and work, but need to hold on to the ball FFS! :evil:
Too many errors, dropped balls and unnecessary risks taken, with Gillett making himself guilty of at least 3 attacks gone to sh!t. At least he also started the fight back with that fantastic run down of Bird’s kick.
Hannant showed some lack of rhythm and "pie excess", but he’ll come good and definitely stiffened the middle of our ruck. Tronc made the same mistake as Gillett trying a bit too hard, while McGuire was a few notches below his last game.
Thaiday was going really well until that head knock, and with Te’o still not firing up, Parker and Glenn did an amazing job, tackling their lives away. Glenn’s try was a deserved bonus
Last but not least, the hookers… Hunt did good things (3 fantastic plays that won us meters and meters and initiated the play for the Glenn try), but had a couple of shockers too. His defense is definitely not up to Macca’s, but he’s more of a weapon in attack. Macca did take some responsibility and kicked well, but that dummy should be forbidden forever and ever! [icon_thumbs_do

draggx said:
haha that woman with her kids after the game was something special

What happened? [icon_lol1.

I dead set thought Hoffman had broken his ankle, he was screaming in pain.

Porthoz is the Emoticon king lol

pennywisealfie said:
Porthoz is the Emoticon king lol
[eusa_eh [icon_shady [icon_shru

[icon_drun icon_thumbs_u [icon_lol1.

Defence again wins us this game. One lucky try for Michaels is the only blemish

Gotta stop these dropped balls. That is a massive rookie error that is killing us.

Wallace's missed field goal [icon_shru ? You can't miss that.

Hodges absolute vintage. Reminded me of last year when Kempy scored that classic in Round 1.

Steve Michaels actually looked back to his best for the Titans. Electric pace.

draggx said:
haha that woman with her kids after the game was something special

Hannant's wife no doubt...

great defence, poor attack - excellent effort to get the 2 points considering our lack of possession.

we need an 80 min hooker.

Won't be forgetting this game anytime soon, I enjoyed the game and I applaud the Broncos effort in defence but I tell you now the ride home on the train has been the worst experience in my life, I don't know if anyone here was around at the time but you may have seen when the train stopped at Nerang station that a man collapsed(had something that appeared to be similar to one of my seizures) and people were trying to revive him, well that was my father and it scared the absolutely shit out of me because at one stage he was dead, but luckily they were able to get a pulse and get him breathing again and his in hospital, in a lot of pain but alive. I feel for my mum, stuck in Tasmania trying to get a flight home to be here with the family. Main thing he is alive but I tell you it has put things into perspective. I don't mean to take it away from topic but I just needed to get it out :cry:

Gee that's no good at all GCB. I hope he gets well soon and keep us updated on his progress

Active Now

• Dash
  • Jedhead
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  • LittleDavey
  • kman
  • Mister Wright
  • Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Lurker
  • Mr Fourex
  • Alec
  • Bucking Beads
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.