POST GAME [Round 4, 2022] Warriors vs Broncos

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
I was at a wedding this afternoon and missed most of the game except the final 15 without sound, if someone wants to bullet point what the hell happened here it would be appreciated.

I'll start the painful scroll through the pages now, but what's this I hear about a penalty against no one on our team?
No need for bullet points, what’s important here; good looking bridesmaids?

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
reading through some of this bullshit has made me realise that this place is way more depressing than our actual team , the last 2 weeks have sucked but we're still 2 from 2 and hopefully with a few changes , better ball control, confidence and some luck we may get back on track.
anyway I can't read anymore because it's making me hate the game i so used to love , so i bid you's farewell and maybe (hopefully) I'll be back when we are back to our winning ways .
so stay positive guys lol
Yeah I've sort of come to it that this place doesn't help my depression, if we lose i don't like coming on here for the next week till the live game thread.

I love the broncos so much, but in the last few years I've had to come to it that it's just a game otherwise I'd tear my hair out continually. We are 2/4 and Im not sure what we were expecting coming into this year. I wasn't hoping for too much, sure it hurts seeing the boys just not put in properly and the coaching be a bit shoddy but keep your heads up guys

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
When they appointed Kevin Walters as head coach I had some concern based on his failure to be appointed previously here and at other clubs.

They said primarily his appointment was to improve our culture after Anthony Seibolds tenure. What I couldn't fully understand is why the **** Darren Lockyer, Corey Parker, Justin Hodges and Alan Langer, all former club captains, all having input into the club couldn’t do just that. In particular Darren Lockyer, he’s on the board FFS.

After going to the Cows game and watching yesterdays debarcle my concerns are still there. I feel Kevin has been found wanting and is clearly struggling with the job.

At this point in time Kevin needs more than a coach whisperer - he needs someone who can talk a lot louder than a whisper I'm afraid.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
When they appointed Kevin Walters as head coach I had some concern based on his failure to be appointed previously here and at other clubs.

They said primarily his appointment was to improve our culture after Anthony Seibolds tenure. What I couldn't fully understand is why the **** Darren Lockyer, Corey Parker, Justin Hodges and Alan Langer, all former club captains, all having input into the club couldn’t do just that. In particular Darren Lockyer, he’s on the board FFS.

After going to the Cows game and watching yesterdays debarcle my concerns are still there. I feel Kevin has been found wanting and is clearly struggling with the job.

At this point in time Kevin needs more than a coach whisperer - he needs someone who can talk a lot louder than a whisper I'm afraid.

The guy is just a suit now. It looks like he doesn't care about the club anymore, otherwise he wouldn't have let it get to this state. We've become a means to an end for him. With his efforts in other, let's say "corporate endeavours", he needs to be fucked off before he destroys any remaining legacy and goodwill, and for the good of the club.

I just hope he's either too dumb or too arrogant to realise he's been part of the problem and there's no inexplicable malicious intent

B

Bangbros18

Mar 18, 2021
I'm surprised your lot hasn't given Farnworth the fullback jumper! He's a good footy player and beats a lot of tackles. Niu would be better suited to centre.

B

Bangbros18

Mar 18, 2021
The guy is just a suit now. It looks like he doesn't care about the club anymore, otherwise he wouldn't have let it get to this state. We've become a means to an end for him. With his efforts in other, let's say "corporate endeavours", he needs to be fucked off before he destroys any remaining legacy and goodwill, and for the good of the club.

I just hope he's either too dumb or too arrogant to realise he's been part of the problem and there's no inexplicable malicious intent
You guys are lost no doubt but the club was far fucked before walters came along. I think he's the guy that can turn it around.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
What a steaming pile of dog shit that was.

The team - Inept.
Poor ball security, poor discipline, poor fitness, poor preparation, poor communication. As if this was not enough to sicken us we have our 'gun' centre playing below even ISC standard while the centre we deemed superfluous and leant to the Warriors strolls through our backline not once but twice.

The coaching capacity - Seriously lacking.
Kev was offered the chance to bring in proper coaching staff, instead he chose to stick with a couple of mediocre guys who (let's face it) have not done much to date. I'm happy to wait around and show patience while our combinations gel, but i cannot accept the poor discipline, the apparent lack of structure and the obvious lack of development/improvement in the team as a unit. This is all on the coaching staff.

The officiating - Incompetent.
Annersley just might be able to tell us who the mystery player was the ref was penalising for offside as when Haas asked the ref to name the player he was unable to say. Annersley might also be able to expalin how Flegler's 'cannonball' tackle to the waistline can be deemed a foul and warrant a sin bin while Tevaga bust Patty's MCL with a straight cannonball to the knee yet manages to stay on the field. Then again he might not as is there can be no explanation for this level of incompetence.

The presser - :rofl.
For the second week running our affable Kevin makes himself look like a hapless fool. When asked to comment on some of the important points of the game his answer was - he's sitting on the side line so he can't see the game properly and will therefore need to wait until he can review the game on the TV. I get that you don't want to be drawn into controversy Kev. I get you don't want to be fined $10K. But Kev you need to show some spine and speak up and comment on what you DID see. You need to be seen publicly supporting your playing group. Your excuse was borderline stupidity. Mate if you can't see the game properly how the hell can you make coaching decisions that react to what is happening on the field?

When we do turn this clusterfuck around it won't be because of Kev's masterful coaching, it will be because Adam Reynolds has managed to 'coach' some semblance of structure into the team. Adam has probably forgotten more about the game than his current coaching staff understand.

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
Wholesale changes won't work as they will disrupt the team to much but something has to change and Staggs is possibly the worst performing player in the team. Brenko Lee needs to come in to replace him and maybe Cobbo can start to learn from a more experienced centre about how to defend as a team and how to just stay the **** away from the sideline.

If Staggs stays then Turpin has to go or at least Walters starts the game and Turpin comes on in the last 20 minutes.

Like the last 2 years unforced errors are just killing us and are making bottom 8 teams look like world beaters against us.

It's like our young players are just not learning from their mistakes. When Cobbo is returning the ball from a kick just lock the ball up in both arms hit the wall and get back to your wing. This one arm carry trying to beat the wall of 3-4 defenders just isn't on. Same goes for Farnworth. Dragging someone 5 m along the ground and into touch is a penalty every time and a dumb play. This pair need to be told to watch every game played and see what the "good" teams and players do and how they react in certain situations.

There is still some constant affecting our team that has been there for the last 3-4 years. Is it Langer or Lockyer maybe? Is it someone on the board? Is it a particular player? What ever or who ever it is needs to be found and cut from the club. Like Jack Gibson said everything starts in the front office and once that's sorted everything else flows from there.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Wholesale changes won't work as they will disrupt the team to much but something has to change and Staggs is possibly the worst performing player in the team. Brenko Lee needs to come in to replace him and maybe Cobbo can start to learn from a more experienced centre about how to defend as a team and how to just stay the **** away from the sideline.

If Staggs stays then Turpin has to go or at least Walters starts the game and Turpin comes on in the last 20 minutes.

Like the last 2 years unforced errors are just killing us and are making bottom 8 teams look like world beaters against us.

It's like our young players are just not learning from their mistakes. When Cobbo is returning the ball from a kick just lock the ball up in both arms hit the wall and get back to your wing. This one arm carry trying to beat the wall of 3-4 defenders just isn't on. Same goes for Farnworth. Dragging someone 5 m along the ground and into touch is a penalty every time and a dumb play. This pair need to be told to watch every game played and see what the "good" teams and players do and how they react in certain situations.

There is still some constant affecting our team that has been there for the last 3-4 years. Is it Langer or Lockyer maybe? Is it someone on the board? Is it a particular player? What ever or who ever it is needs to be found and cut from the club. Like Jack Gibson said everything starts in the front office and once that's sorted everything else flows from there.

Two thirds of said front office are still there from the White years. Coincidence? Me thinks not.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

Maybe it’s Payne Haas lol

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Two thirds of said front office are still there from the White years. Coincidence? Me thinks not.

Part of me thinks the club has just become soulless, PR obsessed and over privileged. A lot of Broncos haters think that was always the case but it wasn't.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Maybe it’s Payne Haas lol
I mean genuinely starting to think he’s not as good as he’s made out to be. Stat wise he does a great job, but st the same time, if you’re playing 70 minutes each week I feel like he should have more 200m+ games. Biggest concern is defensively. Haas, along with the rest of our team have no line speed in defence. Since this has been a problem with 3 different coaches now I’m starting to think the players are just that fucking stupid and/or lazy that they don’t do it.

Unread

Active Now

• blacknwhite
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.