POST GAME [Round 4, 2022] Warriors vs Broncos

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Kevvie has to go and I'm hoping Ikin and Dave have a contingency plan.
"Yo"

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Staggs needs some time in the QCup to get his game/confidence back

even before Kelly's injury, i was thinking it may be time to make a change in the 6. maybe time to give Mam a run. if not I don't entirely hate the idea of moving Staggs into the 6 as a runner. forces him to get his hands on the ball more

Flegler needs to dye his hair and change his name because 3 of his 4 reports and his sin bin for a series of LEGAL tackles was complete BS

losing Carrigan to a cannonball tackle only for his attacker to remain on the field when Flegler was sin binned for legal tackles was complete BS

not allowing a challenge because the ref failed to make a call (either intentionally or due to incompetence) was BS, Reynolds was right, they've always allowed (as far as i can recall) the entire play to be challenged, not just the final call.

The NRL should (but won't) do a forensic audit of that refs bank accounts, because I swear he must have bet on the Warriors, I can't imagine even in an organisation as incompetent as the NRL. a ref that bad could reach the top grade

BHQ needs to take it's Lithium

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
I’m worried about Cobbo. He’s a prolific fumbler, and not just in the NRL. He was the same in last year’s QCup GF. It’s not that he doesn’t have skills, but you can’t rely on him. He has to go back to the Magpies, and if he’s not rock solid, he shouldn’t be extended.

Staggs has something else going on. It’s either mental or he hasn’t recovered from injury or Covid.
Cobbo is with the seagulls

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
We’ve even turned one of the games elite halfbacks into doing bonehead plays. Wasn’t he known for long kicking to the corners?

we’re still relying on haas producing ridiculous one out plays. Still relying on Cory Oates carrying the metres on his Zimmer frame. Still turning over way too much ball.
There wasn't much wrong with Arey's kicking today... he had them regularly catching it inside their 10-20m, but we had no kick chase or linespeed and ended up conceding 60m sets or the ref found penalties.

He drilled a low kick looking for a 40/20 that was cut off by Walsh extremely well, but it was definitely going to be a set our way.

My only real issue was when he went for cross field bombs inside our 20m... we needed him to go for a forced drop outs instead of looking for hail mary cross field kicks to a winger like Oates, who has 100 tries, but barely any from bombs.

Ultimately we just weren't able to get any field position or possession... as usual... it's like we play a different game to everyone else. It's almost pointless watching us because what's the point of never seeing your team in attacking positions 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
He wouldn’t have tried to recreate the wheel… pies just razing the joint to the ground selfishly trying to establish his own legacy immediately is why we’re so fucked.
It would not have mattered, KW is not of a head coach standard for an NRL or ESL team. It may have delayed by six-twelve months where we got too but we would still wind up in the same scenario.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Payne's entire modus seems to be based around an arm wrestle with him trying to tire the defence, rather than opening up gaps in the defensive line to put other players through, or making them hurt. I never see opponents limping away from him or his teammates dashing through off his shoulder.

All his work amounts to very little other than statistics.

I'm not blaming him. I'm blaming whoever's coaching him to play like this.

It's a fair point but he's always done it so it's not just Broncos coaching- I observed the same thing in 2018 and really admired him for it- but why hasn't he evolved since 2018.

Haas; and I have commented several times on this over the last seven weeks it's a huge stand out for me, is no risk football. Normally when a guy comes into ISC he over plays his hand a bit trying to impress with an off-load or a try pushing 10 people out of the way. Haas hasn’t taken a single risk in seven games.

Haas has off-loaded 8 times in seven games and four of those were in one game against Souths. He’s missed two tackles in seven games and made 161. He has made 33 tackle busts from 91 hit ups and av 137m. He’s a great support player surprisingly- he always trials along supporting guys.

He's played against the best pack in the Bears- and in a losing side down a man kept plugging. He's played in pouring rain with Carney directing guys at him and he hasn't missed a tackle.

So he runs hard, makes his tackles and supports up the middle. You can keep doing that for 13 years. I have been impressed by his discipline to not take risks more so than Taylor ability to take risks.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
First and foremost Our scouting department is fucked.

kevie, what a player…..can’t coach.
I’ve seen enough, I gave him the benefit of the doubt but I can’t do it anymore.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I don’t think I’m overreacting when I say sack them, sack them all.

you know what was fun, watching Jesse Arthurs and Reece Walsh carve us up. That was awesome.

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
I was at a wedding this afternoon and missed most of the game except the final 15 without sound, if someone wants to bullet point what the hell happened here it would be appreciated.

I'll start the painful scroll through the pages now, but what's this I hear about a penalty against no one on our team?

Active Now

• scobie
  • Brocko
  • Nerd
  • Aldo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • broncs30
  • Wolfie
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Behold
  • KickHaas
  • mrslong
  • winslow_wong
  • Jedhead
  • Johnny92
  • broncotville
  • broncsgoat
  • Howie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Volvo Driver
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.