POST GAME [Round 4, 2022] Warriors vs Broncos

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
We have to stop blaming the coaching every time, 3 coaches in 5 years. Even Bennett had issues controlling the culture off field and discipline on field in the end.

The most disgusting thing I saw was reynolds being over ruled on the 5th twice! If we wants it he should get it! and the poor service would give him nightmares, never seen Reynolds have to reach for the ball so much

Staggs is an issue but I like Kev’s approach, make him work by putting him in the halves where he can’t hide.

Cobbo either needs to be dropped or promoted. At least at fullback he stays away from the fucking sideline

And for those questioning Palasia in second row, is it ideal? No, is he the best option we have with his experience playing second row? Yes it’s not an outrageous selection choice

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
It's not really that scientific though, run harder than your opposition, play within the rules of the game and don't drop the ball, we can make thread after thread bashing Kevvie but he's not the one dropping the ball or missing tackles
And that’s all he has been saying from day one, just get that part right and you’re well on the way but they can’t comprehend that

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
We have to stop blaming the coaching every time, 3 coaches in 5 years. Even Bennett had issues controlling the culture off field and discipline on field in the end.

The most disgusting thing I saw was reynolds being over ruled on the 5th twice! If we wants it he should get it! and the poor service would give him nightmares, never seen Reynolds have to reach for the ball so much

Staggs is an issue but I like Kev’s approach, make him work by putting him in the halves where he can’t hide.

Cobbo either needs to be dropped or promoted. At least at fullback he stays away from the fucking sideline

And for those questioning Palasia in second row, is it ideal? No, is he the best option we have with his experience playing second row? Yes it’s not an outrageous selection choice
We've cycled the entire roster bar Oates/Haas since Bennett left. If it's not the coach what is it? We can't turn over our top 30 every 24 months and be successful

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
The constant for our shit performances had been Turpin. He’s been the one player who hasn’t been dropped and hasn’t missed many games the past 3 years. Bloke is mud

MrMoore

MrMoore

NRL Player
Jul 27, 2011
That's where im at as well.
Officially on the sack Walters train.

Drop/Offload for cheap Staggs.
Drop to Qcup Cobbo.
Drop/sack/trade Nui.
Drop/Sack/trade Turpin.

Rip Fleglers contract up.
Let Haas go, he is complicit in this sides downfall and is demanding a stupid amount of money.

I am done with these clowns.

I would shit on the ref more, but we know Kevvie the pea hearted coward wont mention a word of it in the presser.
I
Your bias against Haas is something fierce. He was our best player by a mile and it isn't close.

73 minutes
19 runs 176M, 91PCM
47 tackles
5 tackle breaks
2 offloads
47 tackles/2missed
0 errors

If that's an "okay" performance our other forwards need to be shot into the sun.
I'd rather spend his money on a decent FB or 5/8. As we see, an elite forward can't win us games. Better luck with average forwards and a decent spine.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Read that you guys actually extended Walters before the start of the season?

Is that for real? After the last 2 years. Incredible.

There was a lot of talk that Staggs was going to be resigned on a big deal and the justification seemed to be that he would be playing at 5/8, and halves cost money. WTF happened there. Seems like the Bird contract all over again.
He’s on about $17.50 a season so sacking him early won’t be like the last one..

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
The constant for our shit performances had been Turpin. He’s been the one player who hasn’t been dropped and hasn’t missed many games the past 3 years. Bloke is mud
Problem is way deeper than one player. It's deeper than 13.

Have the Broncos ever signed a big name coach? Not if you discount getting back with the ex

The club lost what made it great nearly 20 years ago and it's been missing since.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I

I'd rather spend his money on a decent FB or 5/8. As we see, an elite forward can't win us games. Better luck with average forwards and a decent spine.
Neither can an elite halfback apparently.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
We've cycled the entire roster bar Oates/Haas since Bennett left. If it's not the coach what is it? We can't turn over our top 30 every 24 months and be successful
I’m not saying we need complete turnover of the squad but there is something in this playing group that is an issue. Also there was far more than just Oates and Haas still in the squad l, in today’s team alone there is at least 10 players that were in the squas or around it in 2018 who learnt from all those we have palmed off since

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Funny thing is that fans were saying he was going to a worse team than the Broncos.
Congrats on winning the better than the Broncos trophy. What an achievement. Just you and everyone other than the Tigers and Bulldogs to share it with.

Congrats on the win but you're still miles off finals. As are we.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Problem is way deeper than one player. It's deeper than 13.

Have the Broncos ever signed a big name coach? Not if you discount getting back with the ex

The club lost what made it great nearly 20 years ago and it's been missing since.
I think you’d be surprised. He has the most touches per game in the team and basically puts us a step behind every single play. He’s useless.

and to be fair, seibold was Dally M coach if the year. I think the main problem we had was recruitment. We recruited people without brains.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I’m not saying we need complete turnover of the squad but there is something in this playing group that is an issue. Also there was far more than just Oates and Haas still in the squad l, in today’s team alone there is at least 10 players that were in the squas or around it in 2018 who learnt from all those we have palmed off since
Screenshot 20220402 185756 Firefox

3 players and Staggs/Haas barely count.
"Learned off" that's a stretch, what's Walters job if he can't teach the players anything or knock out bad habits?

D

dasherhalo

NYC Player
Apr 21, 2014
Look - today sucked. Someone wise an old head on his shoulders said after the round 2 win that we would be up and down like a yo-yo this season, and we will be.

Some of these guns will fire - some will move on. Some will settle down to be decade long 200 gamers.

Some will hang around and be absolute forum-fodder.

We will trend up. I'm backing Reyno to blow a foofer valve and get more out of these guys soon.

I think 11th at worst, possibly breaking the top 8 still.

Yes, i'm medicating.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Morepudding
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • Donald Garner
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • bazza
  • thenry
  • Fatboy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • KickHaas
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • LittleDavey
  • Old Mate
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
... and 74 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.