POST GAME [Round 4, 2022] Warriors vs Broncos

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
In positive news if staggs ever had a night on the nose beers and the club dobbed him in, he'd be out of the NRL entirely. Just a thought. Lol

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Payne's entire modus seems to be based around an arm wrestle with him trying to tire the defence, rather than opening up gaps in the defensive line to put other players through, or making them hurt. I never see opponents limping away from him or his own players dashing through off his shoulder.

All his work amounts to very little other than statistics.

I'm not blaming him. I'm blaming whoever's coaching him to play like this.

He should be wrecking blokes with his size and strength but a lot of his contact is soft. He holds down the middle but I’d like to see him run some lines on an edge every now and then.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
In positive news if staggs ever had a night on the nose beers and the club dobbed him in, he'd be out of the NRL entirely. Just a thought. Lol

.....?

What are you getting at here?

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
Donuts and Ikin need the blowtorch. They made some changes last year, seems the rot goes far deeper than they realise and it's too damaging to potential signings to let this garbage continue unchallenged.

Would also be good to pay Bill Harrigan for three to six months to review all of our games for the last half a dozen years and form an independent review on how we're reffed that could be the basis of a lawsuit against the NRL. Some clubs face a lot of bias and others get away with everything. This favouritism needs to end.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Think they may be a tough criticism. Taking 3-4 guys to tackle does pull them out of the line. We just can't shift the ball to the sides quick enough. Also potential for an offload the longer he stands in tackles(though he's not much of an offloader).
I get what your saying but far to often 1-2 guys will start peeling off and get back in line so by time payne plays the ball the defence are normally all line up and usually the next forward to get the ball gets belted.

Its only something I started noticing in game one this year. Only small sample size so maybe it is being harsh. but far to often it seems after payne takes a run the defence is right up in the face of whoever is taking the next hit up.

But your right maybe if we were better coached and built a game plan around the fact payne can consistently drag 3 players with him it wouldn't look as bad.

Still I stand by what I said if payne can develop that barge and drop for quick play the ball in his game as well as the usual he brings he will be a huge asset to any team

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
Lets hope so cause it almost sounded like an accusation which is fraught with danger
Guy looks fucked out his head and is on his last warning. It's not an accusation. But it is an ace in the hole.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I get what your saying but far to often 1-2 guys will start peeling off and get back in line so by time payne plays the ball the defence are normally all line up and usually the next forward to get the ball gets belted.

Its only something I started noticing in game one this year. Only small sample size so maybe it is being harsh. but far to often it seems after payne takes a run the defence is right up in the face of whoever is taking the next hit up.

But your right maybe if we were better coached and built a game plan around the fact payne can consistently drag 3 players with him it wouldn't look as bad.

Still I stand by what I said if payne can develop that barge and drop for quick play the ball in his game as well as the usual he brings he will be a huge asset to any team
I'm actually keen to see Haas go to the Roosters. It's a travesty how badly he's wasted in a poorly coached joint.

We need to spend the money on a fullback/9 with a brain. There's none on the market though, so I guess we'll just keep waiting and when someone pops up, offload Haas to the Roosters and make a deal.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
We’re gonna get lapped by Penrith. They’re gonna peel us like the bunch of potatoes we are
Dont know about you but I dont like peeling potatoes.... so maybe you're telling me that the Panthers wont turn up... like at all, because we need a forfeit to win at the moment.

Where's my sportsbet account!!

B

Bangbros18

Mar 18, 2021
Hey mods, when you putting the warriors banner up on your website?

Much appreciated.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Seriously though, what is it gonna take for this club to get serious?

How many years are the fans expected to put up with dumb, entitled players that either play with no heart or no fucking clue what to do?

It shits me watching the Storm, Roosters, Panthers etc roll from set play to set play. FMD we can’t even run a back line move of passing it down the line.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
We look rudderless in attack, but I think that’s down to the spine more than Kev. That said, a bloke like flanno might be able to attract quality in the spine.
He wouldn't

B

Bangbros18

Mar 18, 2021
I'm actually keen to see Haas go to the Roosters. It's a travesty how badly he's wasted in a poorly coached joint.

We need to spend the money on a fullback/9 with a brain. There's none on the market though, so I guess we'll just keep waiting and when someone pops up, offload Haas to the Roosters and make a deal.
No you just need to pay him 1 million then he will work for you.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Seriously though, what is it gonna take for this club to get serious?

How many years are the fans expected to put up with dumb, entitled players that either play with no heart or no fucking clue what to do?

It shits me watching the Storm, Roosters, Panthers etc roll from set play to set play. FMD we can’t even run a back line move of passing it down the line.

Give the Dolphins a couple of years in the comp with strong favoritism from the NRL and bandwagon drift. The only thing that matters to these corporate types is numbers on the spreadsheet. Seeing those numbers go backwards will wake them up real fast.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • broncotville
  • broncsgoat
  • Strop
  • Foordy
  • Scorchie
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • LittleDavey
  • Fitzy
  • theshed
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.