vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so I just watched these two incidents.

JWH only made contact with the head, on a semi-stationary player whose momentum had been basically halted by another player - it did not come up off the shoulder, there was clear intent to whack him with the arm. Yet with all his history, just a fine? Compared to Staggs, whose tackle was on a player jinking and jiving, whose first contact was with the shoulder and bounced up. Yes it was careless, but FMD

As far as Radley, textbook spear tackle. He didn't grab between the legs, but how the tackle is made should hold no weight compared to the result - which was: a player lifted by his legs, beyond the horizontal and driven headfirst into the ground, with Radley following through. He didn't lift and let go (as is often seen), he literally drove him into the ground. The player being uninjured should also hold no weight in that situation.

Last edited:
I just don't understand what their argument could possibly be? Are they going to claim he never went further than horizontal?

He'll plead the Justin Hodges defence.

"The tackle was fine, it was Gagai who put himself in a dangerous position looking to find the ground as quickly as possible."

I don't think he has anything to lose.

He'll plead the Justin Hodges defence.

"The tackle was fine, it was Gagai who put himself in a dangerous position looking to find the ground as quickly as possible."

I don't think he has anything to lose.
Hodges had Guerra on his side at the judiciary. Only reason he got off.

So are we hoping some of their first string players get suspended so we might have a better chance of competing? Is this what we’ve come to?

So are we hoping some of their first string players get suspended so we might have a better chance of competing? Is this what we’ve come to?
No it's about the NRL showing some semblance of justice.

Broncos seemingly cop suspensions left right and center, whilst JWH gets a fine for similar and Burgess gets a fine for taking Moylan's head off.

If Radley gets off as well it just continues the evidence of Sydney teams getting favouritism.

I for one am fucking sick to death of Broncos being the whipping horse whist Sydney teams get a free ride.

We bring the most fans, the highest crowds, the most revenue and the TV channels want us in their prime time... and yet we cop it the hardest as a club and appear to get unjustified scrutiny from the administration.

Why?? Because the NSWRL play us as the antagonist in their fairytales

Radley means **** all in the grand scheme of this game... he's a useful backrower for their team but he's hardly the topline superstar that channel 9 make him out to be... it's the arrogance of the roosters for challenging a clear spear tackle, because the media pundits think it's a "classic tackle" and "the game's gone soft"

Last edited:
THIS. This says it all. ALL the top teams who won well did, and do this: forward shapes (no constant one-out running) , hooker engaging the line, aggressive defence with good line speed.

No individual player is going to get us up into the winner's circle. To expect Fifi and TPJ to carry us into the finals is a wet dream. This is a team game, not a show case for individual talent. We showed glimpses of good team play in rounds 1 and 2. Time to return to that and build on it.
I agree with everything viti said as well. Very good observations and stuff that takes effort not talent. We showed them all for around 60 mins in both of the first games.
I get it's frustrating that they weren't fired up for the eels after what happened last year but they are a young team, they may have burnt themselves out mentally at the start of the week or they may have expected the other people to be psyched up for them, who knows, experience helps this inconsistency. But, to say TPJ and fifita won't drag us into the finals is a bit simplistic of what miss ikmg 2 strike players do. They sent numbers at Haas, they attacked our inexperienced edges,they shut down out off loads which paid off for them, they put pressure on staggs, they were able to better predict where croft and milf were going to play too.
No way in hell am I making an excuse for the performance but missing 2 of our top 3-4 players who are leading attackimg weapons/points of difference means teams can focus in on the our other threats

I agree with everything viti said as well. Very good observations and stuff that takes effort not talent. We showed them all for around 60 mins in both of the first games.
I get it's frustrating that they weren't fired up for the eels after what happened last year but they are a young team, they may have burnt themselves out mentally at the start of the week or they may have expected the other people to be psyched up for them, who knows, experience helps this inconsistency. But, to say TPJ and fifita won't drag us into the finals is a bit simplistic of what miss ikmg 2 strike players do. They sent numbers at Haas, they attacked our inexperienced edges,they shut down out off loads which paid off for them, they put pressure on staggs, they were able to better predict where croft and milf were going to play too.
No way in hell am I making an excuse for the performance but missing 2 of our top 3-4 players who are leading attackimg weapons/points of difference means teams can focus in on the our other threats

I honestly think we are just a mentally weak team atm. Like you said, the signs were there in the first 2 games that improvements had been made since last year but then when things got tough on Thursday they went back to old habits and produced that result.

Man we are boned. Heavily depleted and coming up against a resurgant Roosters. If TPJ ever gets himself suspended for a long period again, he can hit the bricks and test his value because I'm done with it now. You can be an aggressive, enforcer like player without being a grub.

Man we are boned. Heavily depleted and coming up against a resurgant Roosters. If TPJ ever gets himself suspended for a long period again, he can hit the bricks and test his value because I'm done with it now. You can be an aggressive, enforcer like player without being a grub.
If he’s got any sense, he’ll go to the Roosters. He’ll just get fined then.

Courier Mail is reporting Tesi Nui is likely to make his debut off the bench as a super-sub. Farnworth to right wing, Arthars to centre (for Staggs), Bullemor to the left edge, and Paix to 18th man. Croft and Carrigan to co-captain.

LIKELY SQUAD: 1 Jamayne Isaako, 2 Corey Oates, 3 Jesse Arthars, 4 Darius Boyd, 5 Herbie Farnworth, 6 Anthony Milford, 7 Brodie Croft (c), 8 Tom Flegler, 9 Jake Turpin, 10 Payne Haas, 11 Ethan Bullemor, 12 Jamil Hopoate, 13 Pat Carrigan (c). Bench: 14 Tesi Niu, 15 Joe Ofahengaue, 16 Rhys Kennedy, 17 Matt Lodge. 18th man: Cory Paix.

Last edited:
TPJ - Suspended
Glenn - Injured
Fifita - Injured
Staggs - Suspended.
Bird - Injured.

We have constantly had 3+ players from our first 17 just go missing for the longest time.

All rep/international quality as well.

How did Coates drop so low down the pecking order? Is Coates time next year or something I thought he was young GI.

Why doesn’t Siebs have confidence in Paix off the bench it seems?

Looks like we’re gonna free fall out of the 8

Yep tough job for our guys next week.
Going by this weeks games we will have to fight hard to get into the 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • peter09
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • barker
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.