Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
We aren't going to be getting any favours from the refs in this game after tonight.

It will be like last year when we played the Panthers after the Souths game.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
We aren't going to be getting any favours from the refs in this game after tonight.

It will be like last year when we played the Panthers after the Souths game.
Very good point.

Considering asparagus Greenberg came out swinging for the refs this week, the backlash we cop after the penalty win wont do us any favours. Spotlight for sure.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Except he didn't have a decent game, he was largely MIA and outside of one break when he was involved he was predictable and his kicking game was pathetic, he can't use the forwards as an excuse they were making decent metres and we certainly had opportunities in their half for him to be more involved. One break doesn't make up for that even if Gillett catched and scored, it's like saying the team conversion kicker did a decent job as long as he kicked the winning goal, missing all the rest. Should Kodi be axed right now? No and thats largely because of lack of depth but he has got a long way to go in 2018 to convince that he has earned a longterm future after that, the Broncos can't afford to just sit on it forever.

Except that isn’t entirely true. He made quite a few half breaks, chose some good passing options and defended well. Just because every pass or run doesn’t lead to a break leads to people thinking certain players are rubbish.

He is showing so many signs of getting there. His kicking was horrible for sure but the rest was not horrible, well no worse than anyone else in a pathetic game. The signs are there.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Oppa at centre, Boyd at wing, Bird at fullback?

Wouldn’t happen but it’s an interesting idea.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
I don't know how he has earned the number 7, nor do i see potential as him being a full time 7 - imo.

Its not about bringing players into grade with cotton wool and warming them up over a few years as a half back. If a player comes into the 7 spot, its one of the most crucial in the team. Its either hes good the goods or not. What we are seeing is not an issue of being about to gel with the team. The issue is poor management (reflects bad game vision ), poor kicking under pressure and poor choices all under pressure. These are characteristics and we cannot rely on a confidence player in such a crucial role.

You don’t build any of that by chopping and changing your team around either.

Then there is the small matter of having no-one clearly better to replace him with. Last year was a different conversation, this year we don’t have Hunt or Marshall to go with as an option.

Is that a recruiting failure? Yes bit that is the situation we are in regardless of whether we like it or not.

Finally there is the other small matter that Bennett has backed this guy publicly. I don’t know many successful coaches that do that and then give the guy the flick after 3 games, especially when we’ve won 2 of them...

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016

Then there is the small matter of having no-one clearly better to replace him with. Last year was a different conversation, this year we don’t have Hunt or Marshall to go with as an option.

Is that a recruiting failure? Yes bit that is the situation we are in regardless of whether we like it or not.

Finally there is the other small matter that Bennett has backed this guy publicly. I don’t know many successful coaches that do that and then give the guy the flick after 3 games, especially when we’ve won 2 of them...
Absolutely agree we're short on troops for number 7.

Its the same false argument that was trotted out last year to take the heat off, winning 2/3 so far, does not mean Kodi is apart of the reason for winning.

Titans match will be ideal opportunity to try any other possible contenders in the spot.

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014

Um, I guess you mean , except for that one time WB fully backed Copley and gave him the flick after 0 games...

The best coaches change course when it merits.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Except that isn’t entirely true. He made quite a few half breaks, chose some good passing options and defended well. Just because every pass or run doesn’t lead to a break leads to people thinking certain players are rubbish.

He is showing so many signs of getting there. His kicking was horrible for sure but the rest was not horrible, well no worse than anyone else in a pathetic game. The signs are there.
I'm not quite sure what Niko's role is at the moment, as it appears that milf is trying to take control of the team, which I'm happy with and thought his kicking game was good tonight. Eventually it will become second nature to him and then he will be able to play heads up whilst also guiding the team around

But to me the team as a whole is looking very clunky in attack... like they're trying to play to the game plan and set plays without deviation despite what's in front of them.

Can remember after the Knik break we started spreading it left only for Boyd to dump it inside to McGuire... we had them shot if we kept going left and milf would've been the next receiver, but instead they knew it was last coming up and settled for field position to prepare for the kick

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Oppa centre, Bird 6, Milf 7, Knik 14
I have a feeling this could be a possibility later in the season with Milf taking so much ownership of the team.... definitely too early to be doing it now though

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016

He can only back him so far though. Bennett will have real concerns about the HB situation and will have a plan B in mind. Niko obviously isn't going to work out and no successful team can carry their #7 as a passenger and a total liability. Plus his teammates have absolutely no confidence in him. You knows things are dire when Macca opts for Ofa and Gillo on the last tackle rather than a pretend halfback who has no game sense whatsoever. It will be interesting to see what happens concerning that position in the coming weeks, the likes of Dargan, Scarlett or Murphy will no doubt play a role at some stage.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Based on the ISC stats so far, Tagatese has to be the one to come in for TPJ I believe, no questions asked. If he plays well enough, there's a small chance he could even end Sam Thaiday's farewell tour.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
You watch us get fucked on the calls against the Titans....got caned on penalties and a got penalty of shit calls against us last night...it will go up a level next week..

Lucky the Titans and their shit, turnstile of a halfback won’t take advantage of it....

Bait in water.....

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
You watch us get fucked on the calls against the Titans....got caned on penalties and a got penalty of shit calls against us last night...it will go up a level next week..

Lucky the Titans and their shit, turnstile of a halfback won’t take advantage of it....

Bait in water.....
I reckon the titans will give us a bigger run for our money then the Tigers did last night, especially if TPJ and Oats are out. The tigers were sloppier then we were v the dragons and it still went to golden point

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'm not quite sure what Niko's role is at the moment, as it appears that milf is trying to take control of the team, which I'm happy with and thought his kicking game was good tonight. Eventually it will become second nature to him and then he will be able to play heads up whilst also guiding the team around

But to me the team as a whole is looking very clunky in attack... like they're trying to play to the game plan and set plays without deviation despite what's in front of them.

Can remember after the Knik break we started spreading it left only for Boyd to dump it inside to McGuire... we had them shot if we kept going left and milf would've been the next receiver, but instead they knew it was last coming up and settled for field position to prepare for the kick

It's clunky exactly because Milf is taking control of the side. It was very clunky when he was doing it last year too.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It's clunky exactly because Milf is taking control of the side. It was very clunky when he was doing it last year too.

People were also saying Marshall was holding Milford back when he was handling the playmaking duties, Milford was ordinary last season and I'm willing to cut him some slack given the shoulder injury he was carrying. I'm happy for Milford to focus mainly on his running game and provide a kicking game when needed but that means he needs to deliver on that too, but you need also a 7 who is capable of handling the responsibilities of directing around his forwards and backs, barking out orders and taking lead with kicking and decision making as a playmaker.

There lies the problem, Milford and Kodi are just too alike in what they bring to the table and of the two I would only really consider Milford at present bringing anything else then a running game to the table and that is being generous. We may have to live with that for 2018, but if the Broncos are serious about being competition contenders they need to bring in someone who can bring more to the table in those areas we seriously lack.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • dasherhalo
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • BooKhaki
  • Lostboy
  • Santa
  • porouian
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.