PRE-GAME Round 4 - Roosters vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Our edge defence better be switched on.

I'm more concerned about our defence up the middle. I remain unconvinced that TPJ is the answer for lock although I hope to be proved wrong. For mine, aside from the usual kick-to-Tupou, the Roosters will target the middle with Tedesco running off either Keary or Cronk at our big men.

Will be looking for week to week improvement from Boyd. No more pea-hearted efforts. Isaako to have a big one.

Last edited:
Counting
* TPJ energy wasters going for 3rd man in cannon balls.
* 3rd tackle kicks with hardly any chasers.
* Boyd crabbing into submission from kick returns
* Meters conceded when Macca gets carried backwards in defence.

Loving
Oates, Lodge, Fifita, and Nikorima - our most dangerous players on the park.

I know I know, I'm being a negative Nelly, but I just can't see us troubling the chooks. I think they will beat us by 20 at least. Cronk, Tedesco, Mitchell and the like are a class above their opposites and with Macca, DarryB and KNik putting in their usual effort I don't envision us getting within cooee of them.

I fear Seibs will be waking up tomorrow with even further questions being asked. Hope I am wrong.

Turf is a mess, Swans trained today and refused to not train at the SCG and the posts are still being changed. All the extra traffic on the SCG is chopping it up.
Let's hope our boys don't pick up lower limb injuries. Really, I hope no players from either side are injured due to a rough track, something that could and should have been avoided.

I get what your saying, but as a health professional I see this as a ludicrous proposition. The reason PEDs are PEDs, are they have either a positive effect on hormones that directly enhance muscle growth, recovery and physical ability or provide an unfair advantage in stamina such as stimulants. You know that and everyone knows that.

A medical procedure such as a pain shot, that is used to numb an area about the size of 50c coin does absuletly nothing to improve an athletes preformance in fact it puts them at risk of being injured further.

Its hyperbole I know, but getting surgery is exactly the same thing. How many players are running around with bits of metal in them, from their heads down. Are they somehow enhanced? Does a new ligament improve a players performance? The answer is no, it puts them as close to baseline as possible.

If the fixation is actually on the chemical compounds being injected then that is also easily debated. Are the antidepressants that some players use to get out of bed performance enhancing? What about Birds injections to combat his otherwise debilitating rheumatoid arthritis? Should the kid be playing chess in wheelchair instead?

So you cannot see how a players performance is enhanced by the injection? What's ridiculous is your illogical belief that only an increase in what a body can do naturally is an enhancement! I established my criteria so I shouldn't have to explain that again. An injection allows the player to do something the player couldn't do prior to the injection. It's an enhancement. Your comparison to oranges or a rub down are as odious as it is stupid. Whether a player receives a rub down/oranges or not their performance is not enhanced. They very well may have been able to perform the task either way but that IS NOT the case without the performance enhancing injection.

Counting

Loving

Whatever you do don’t turn it into a drinking game

Counting

Loving

You missed Milford's sideways running then passing to a player who wasn't expecting it, wasn't in position nor in motion killing all potential momentum in the tackle set.

You missed Milford's sideways running then passing to a player who wasn't expecting it, wasn't in position nor in motion killing all potential momentum in the tackle set.

Well, then those players ought to bloody wake up and expect the pass, be in position and always ALWAYS have bodies in motion. You can't blame Milford for trying play make if he has no damn supports

Well, then those players ought to bloody wake up and expect the pass, be in position and always ALWAYS have bodies in motion. You can't blame Milford for trying play make if he has no damn supports
I seem to recall Tedesco doing exactly this in nearly every game he plays.

Agreed, our guys need to be alert and put themselves in a position to capitalise on a potential gap in the defensive line.

I like milf running sideways when nothing is on, it creates gaps. What I don’t like is the fact that no one seems to run straight for him to dish it off. Tedesco does it, the difference is he has guys running straight and hard around him giving him options. Our blokes just look at milf flat footed like they’ve never seen someone do it before.

We are going to get fucking flogged.

Active Now

• PNG Broncos fan88
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Rookie Alan
  • broncoscope
  • Johnny92
  • Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Midean
  • Skyblues87
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.