Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

And yet, our technique and structures looked perfectly sufficient in the 15-20 minutes after half time, which is when we held the ball.
You don't reckon even in that time the roosters we chewing up the metres like they were playing against under 7s? And yes we held onto the ball but we were flat footed when nearing the line or else failed to execute .

But you single out one bloke in that clip. I wasn't replying to other things.

Because he was the one bloke that did fucking nothing. This is what frustrates people in discussions, intelligent people purposely misunderstanding to try and make a point.

Because he was the one bloke that did fucking nothing. This is what frustrates people in discussions, intelligent people purposely misunderstanding to try and make a point.

I have no misunderstanding. He obviously had something in mind he was going to do or he wouldn't have run over in the first place. Imo he just did what he has been doing a lot this year, he is making bad decisions.

I have no misunderstanding. He obviously had something in mind he was going to do or he wouldn't have run over in the first place. Imo he just did what he has been doing a lot this year, he is making bad decisions.
Yeah, he made the decision not to tackle Chrichton. It wasn't just a bad decision, it was borderline cowardly.

That try was Glenn's fault, but he at least threw an arm out. Darius deliberately avoided being involved in the play, and not for the first time this year.

The front line defence is definitely to blame too, and I've been really disappointed with Glenn after his great trials form. He's been below average at best. I think Ofahengaue has been overrated on here as well too, I don't think he's Origin quality, he's like a lesser version of Arrow that doesn't offload.

But fullbacks are supposed to be the last line of defence, one of their jobs is to tackle the guy with the ball when they do manage to break through. Not throw your hands up in the air, which he's done a good number of times last year too.

We don't have to blame just one or the other, they all fucked up.

Last edited:
Yeah, he made the decision not to tackle Chrichton. It wasn't just a bad decision, it was borderline cowardly.

That try was Glenn's fault, but he at least threw an arm out. Darius deliberately avoided being involved in the play, and not for the first time this year.

Joffa's attempt was rubbish as well. I dont think what Boyd did was cowardly, i just think he made a very bad call. He may have thought Joffa and Milf would be able to stop him.

Nobody has said it let alone hint it, but I'm beginning to think Boyd is deliberately trying to make Siebs' coaching methods look shithouse. Why else would he say he was feeling the fittest and fastest ever, yet fall over, take dummies and simply refuse to tackle players as they approach our line.

There has to be some ulterior motive, as everyone on here can see he is just not putting in. If as people rightly say that he is invaluable to the team not just for his leadership but also for his ability to organise he defensive line from out back, why is there no leadership and why does our defensive line so disorganised that the opposition does not even have to manufacture the overlap as it is already there?

I'm not a conspiracy nut, I hate all this Benny left hidden bombshells shit, but something is really crook with the collective attitude of this team at present and it obviously all begins with how the captain determines how he will lead.

At the moment it is plain to see his mind is just not on the job.
Pretty sure we said it after the game, he might be angling for a release. Or was that me talking to hubby?

View attachment 4746

I’ve been saying it wasn’t that late but just this image would be enough to quash any appeal.

This is the rubbish part.

Let's go back to Round 2, the big hit on McGuire. If you look at both of them, compare the time at which each player was hit after releasing the ball.. They were hit at the same time. TPJ's tackle on Cronk was no more late than his hit on McGuire, but one is applauded and the other comes with a suspension.

This crackdown is stupid because it's clearly only applying to halves. Everyone else is fair game, but when it comes to halves who take the ball to the line, don't dare hit them unless they have the ball in their hand.

If Thurston and Green didn't have their massive whinge after the Manly vs Cowboys game last year, TPJ never would have even been charged.

His bad decision was to avoid contact. Even after he had over run the play there was still time for him to get in front and stop the ball touching the ground but he chose not too.

His bad decision was to avoid contact. Even after he had over run the play there was still time for him to get in front and stop the ball touching the ground but he chose not too.

Dont think it was that simple. Once he over run it for a start Milf would have blocked him from making the tackle. If you watch it without any anti Boyd agenda, you can clearly see he made the wrong call and should have, as you said, made the contact first up. Once he didnt, he took himself out of that play. He wrongly put his trust in Glenn, then Joffa and Milf to stop Crichton, but if he had his time again i'm sure he would have put himself in the way as well.

One thing i will say though is i dont believe we would have a single player who would deliberately go out to avoid contact. I think its rubbish to suggest Boyd is making pre-meditated decisions to avoid physical contact. He is down on form and confidence, he isnt gutless.

Let's go back to Round 2, the big hit on McGuire. If you look at both of them, compare the time at which each player was hit after releasing the ball.. They were hit at the same time. TPJ's tackle on Cronk was no more late than his hit on McGuire, but one is applauded and the other comes with a suspension.

This crackdown is stupid because it's clearly only applying to halves. Everyone else is fair game, but when it comes to halves who take the ball to the line, don't dare hit them unless they have the ball in their hand.

If Thurston and Green didn't have their massive whinge after the Manly vs Cowboys game last year, TPJ never would have even been charged.

He hit him in the back and Cronk was very vulnerable. He hit him with his shoulder when he could have wrapped his arms around him. I'd be going nuts if that was done to our halves. Its a dog shot and everyone who does it deserves a ban.

Last edited:

I agree and don’t think he should have been charged, but any rebuttal we come up with will be of no use if they show that image

Dont think it was that simple. Once he over run it for a start Milf would have blocked him from making the tackle. If you watch it without any anti Boyd agenda, you can clearly see he made the wrong call and should have, as you said, made the contact first up. Once he didnt, he took himself out of that play. He wrongly put his trust in Glenn, then Joffa and Milf to stop Crichton, but if he had his time again i'm sure he would have put himself in the way as well.

One thing i will say though is i dont believe we would have a single player who would deliberately go out to avoid contact. I think its rubbish to suggest Boyd is making pre-meditated decisions to avoid physical contact. He is down on form and confidence, he isnt gutless.

He’s been down on confidence and form for a longgg time. How much more time do you give him to regain it at his age?

He’s been down on confidence and form for a longgg time. How much more time do you give him to regain it at his age?

I wasnt saying we need to give him more time, i was commenting on one particular incident that got bought up. Our issue is we dont really have a replacement unless we shift around players.

I wasnt saying we need to give him more time, i was commenting on one particular incident that got bought up. Our issue is we dont really have a replacement unless we shift around players.

Which comes down to the heir apparent being let go by the previous coach.

Which comes down to the heir apparent being let go by the previous coach.

That's the annoying thing - Boyd was clearly coming to the end of his career judging by his form last year and yet Corey Allen was let go. I will go on record right now and say within 2 years Allen WILL be named Dally M fullback of the year. We had him, then without a fight it would seem just let him slip.

Guys like Dylan Edwards at Penrith are young, ooze talent and are thrown in at the deep end. If they are good enough, they are old enough. Corey Allen should have been given a chance to shine. Darius has had his day and can't go on forever. We are stuck in the same old vicious cycle of our coach not having the courage to make a difficult, yet necessary decision to tap a player on the shoulder and tell him thanks for your service, but your time has come. I was excited by the possibility Seibold might be different, but my opinion of him at this stage is that he knows how to talk a big game but is deficient in key areas when it actually comes to the crunch.

Last edited:

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • The Don
  • Fitzy
  • Griffo
  • Foordy
  • Manlyman
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • cento
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • RolledOates
  • Hurrijo
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brocko
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.