Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Who, Corey Allan? He was being a little prick, any coach worth his salt wouldnt have put up with his attitude.

Yet the rabbits clearly were willing to take a chance on him. They will reap the rewards for years to come while we are stuck with Boyd hobbling about waving his arms in the air.

That's the annoying thing - Boyd was clearly coming to the end of his career judging by his form last year and yet Corey Allen was let go. I will go on record right now and say within 2 years Allen WILL be named Dally M fullback of the year. We had him, then without a fight it would seem just let him slip.

Guys like Dylan Edwards at Penrith are young, ooze talent and are thrown in at the deep end. If they are good enough, they are old enough. Corey Allen should have been given a chance to shine. Darius has had his day and can't go on forever. We are stuck in the same old vicious cycle of our coach not having the courage to make a difficult, yet necessary decision to tap a player on the shoulder and tell him thanks for your service, but your time has come.

Are you talking about the same coach that tapped Hodges Parker and Thaiday in the past three years?

Who, Corey Allan? He was being a little prick, any coach worth his salt wouldnt have put up with his attitude.

The same coach seems to be happy to pick him in first grade now. I thought it was part of a coach's skill set to manage kids with attitude issues.

Are you talking about the same coach that tapped Hodges Parker and Thaiday in the past three years?

Oh don't get me wrong, we all know Wayne used to be brutal in the past in not letting players go on a year too long. I just think he softened his stance and attitude over the years and blokes like Thaiday clearly played on a season too long. It's the same deal with Darius being signed for the length of contract that he did. Again, 1 or 2 seasons too long. I want a brutal coach who holds no prisoners, not one that keeps pandering and nursing players through to the retirement village. I was hoping Seibold would be that coach. I have my doubts now.

Seriously, we may has well have just kept Wayne because if anything, we are worse than what we were last year from what I've seen of them so far. Seibold seems to be like one of those guys at work who absolutely kills it in the interview then has **** all idea when it comes to actually doing the job he was hired for. He has lost 8 out of his last 11 NRL games by the way.

Last edited:
I'm not even angry so I'm saying this with a clear head but that was one of the worst performances by any nrl team I've seen in the last 5 years.

I'm embarrassed so imagine the coach and team.

The coach and the team should come out publicly and apologize to the sponsors and fans for this utterly disgraceful and pathetic performance.
I'm not even angry so I'm saying this with a clear head but that was one of the worst performances by any nrl team I've seen in the last 5 years.

I'm embarrassed so imagine the coach and team.

The coach and the team should come out publicly and apologize to the sponsors and fans for this utterly disgraceful and pathetic performance.

I agree that completion rates are an essential stat but the most vital start to take away from Thursday night was the missed takes and post contact metres. Yes I know the possession caused us to make more tackles and therefore miss more (fatigue and weighted ratios), but it was our technique I couldn't understand. We were using a drag anchor method and getting carried for 10+ metres rather than having one round the lower legs and one round the torso wrapping up the ball. At times we had two or three defenders on the torso. Watching the roosters, they always had one go back up and one go down. If you can't tackle, you definitely are not going to win.
Totally agree and have been advocating for the first contact low to halt progress for many long years. I always wondered why attacking the most heavily muscled part of the body was considered clever. Gillmeister, Ryan and so many others hit under the ribs with great effect and this coming from each side with limp noodles just allows continued progress.

Totally agree and have been advocating for the first contact low to halt progress for many long years. I always wondered why attacking the most heavily muscled part of the body was considered clever. Gillmeister, Ryan and so many others hit under the ribs with great effect and this coming from each side with limp noodles just allows continued progress.

You raise a good point. On that note, just who is our defensive coach I wonder. If you find out, could you please ask them to step into my office. Why? So I can tell them they're fucken fired!

Hodges still had another year in him, imo. I say this with the benefit of hindsight. Thaiday, well Thaiday went 2 seasons too long.

Joffa's attempt was rubbish as well. I dont think what Boyd did was cowardly, i just think he made a very bad call. He may have thought Joffa and Milf would be able to stop him.
I think that people are being fooled a bit by the camera angle. Boyd looks to me to be coming across to cover the offload believing the other guys had him stopped. The camera angle makes it look as though he was right next to them but I believe in reality he was a metre or two deeper and he was travelling at pace. I'm not saying it excuses his other misses or failures but just this one instance where I think some of the criticism is way off base.

Hodges still had another year in him, imo. I say this with the benefit of hindsight. Thaiday, well Thaiday went 2 seasons too long.

Not forgetting of course at one stage during last season Wayne told Thaiday that he would always be in first grade as long as he was around. Never, never fucking ever promise any player his position, it breeds complacency. Especially one who is running round on tired legs or who is clearly not in their correct position. Hi Darius and KNik.

Last edited:
The same coach seems to be happy to pick him in first grade now. I thought it was part of a coach's skill set to manage kids with attitude issues.

He was out of contract and wanted ridiculous money for a start, and we weren't willing to give him what he wanted, he was never going to sign anyway. And as i said, he was being a dickhead as well. I dont see any issue with what we did. Sometimes players need a change for them to realise they maybe arent doing things the right way.

You raise a good point. On that note, just who is our defensive coach I wonder. If you find out, could you please ask them to step into my office. Why? So I can tell them they're fucken fired!
It looks like Peter Ryan and Brad Thorne are doing the impossible with the Reds, maybe the Bronco's should have signed that old school combo for the same price as the new age Seibold !

I think that people are being fooled a bit by the camera angle. Boyd looks to me to be coming across to cover the offload believing the other guys had him stopped. The camera angle makes it look as though he was right next to them but I believe in reality he was a metre or two deeper and he was travelling at pace. I'm not saying it excuses his other misses or failures but just this one instance where I think some of the criticism is way off base.

Issue isn’t him overrunning it. The issue is him doing nothing afterwards except standing there similar to him not trying to tackle teddy instead complaining to the ref

Yeah overrunning it trying to stop a potential offload is fine but once he realises there's nobody to offload to he should have helped out.

Last edited:
Yeah overrunning it trying to stop a potential offload is fine but once he realises there's nobody to offload too he should have helped out.
Yes, I know the camera angle makes it look like he was really close but I honestly believe he was further from them than it looks and I don't think he could have made a difference even with a huge effort. No matter, he's been failing elsewhere and some of the criticism is warranted and I'm not trying to excuse it all. I just want a little fairness in that criticism .

My take was also that he was wrong footed coming to cover the pass (fooled by the dummy again) and had no chance of getting back. To avoid criticism he should do what other beaten fullbacks do and dive toward the player arms out even though he knows he will miss. Doesn't excuse 4/5 of the rest of what's wrong though.

Yes, I know the camera angle makes it look like he was really close but I honestly believe he was further from them than it looks and I don't think he could have made a difference even with a huge effort. No matter, he's been failing elsewhere and some of the criticism is warranted and I'm not trying to excuse it all. I just want a little fairness in that criticism .

No matter how far he was away, the lack of urgency to get there is what gets my goat.

Crichton didn’t even think he scored that’s how close it was, any contribution from Boyd would have prevented a try

Last edited:
Oh don't get me wrong, we all know Wayne used to be brutal in the past in not letting players go on a year too long. I just think he softened his stance and attitude over the years and blokes like Thaiday clearly played on a season too long. It's the same deal with Darius being signed for the length of contract that he did. Again, 1 or 2 seasons too long. I want a brutal coach who holds no prisoners, not one that keeps pandering and nursing players through to the retirement village. I was hoping Seibold would be that coach. I have my doubts now.

Seriously, we may has well have just kept Wayne because if anything, we are worse than what we were last year from what I've seen of them so far. Seibold seems to be like one of those guys at work who absolutely kills it in the interview then has **** all idea when it comes to actually doing the job he was hired for. He has lost 8 out of his last 11 NRL games by the way.

FFS it is round 4, look at the draw we have had.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Maddy
  • Johnny92
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brocko
  • bb_gun
  • cento
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wild Horse
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • winslow_wong
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.