10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Why is everyone assuming Haas will be suspended?

Get a grip. The club can't afford to have him off the field with Roosters and Panthers coming up.

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
It's been asked but not answered, how is Gamble going in Qcup? Is he even playing well enough to get a call up?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
It's been asked but not answered, how is Gamble going in Qcup? Is he even playing well enough to get a call up?

He has only played one game. Norths lost by a point. I was disappointed Norths/Gamble should have closed it out and won. To let the Dolphins score twice in the last 10 minutes and then kick a field goal to win is pretty average.

He just did what Gamble does- ran hard, tackled and kicked a bit and didn't shut up.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
That’s a very interesting way of saying you’re wrong.

Not sure how a post by you (presumably, you cut the author off) and another poster has anything to do with me… 🤦‍♂️
I comment about every player in the team, but when I criticize a certain Englishmen shit always hits the fan, regardless that I mostly say good things about him. <=== take note of this, and STFU about me "hating him."

For the record, Herbie isn't the only player who doesn't look sideways when he has the football, but he's the only one you're not allowed to criticize for it lest the crying starts. He's also one of our key attacking weapons, so it's kind of important he distributes the ball more than a couple of times a game. I don't care if you're lovesick over him. That's your problem. Leave me alone.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Gamble has to be somewhere in the 17 this week. He brings passion and actually has a dig, something this team has lacked in the last couple of weeks.
Also heard that Mam may be given the 6, not sure he is ready but the team needs a big shake up so I'm not completely against it.

It won't happen but I wouldn't mind seeing;
1. Love bug
6. Gamble/Mam
7. King Reyno
9. Paix
14. Walters/Gamble/Mam

Turpin completely out.
Tesi (Isaako 2.0) completely out.
Pereira in.
One of either Staggs or Cobbo need to go.
And not in a million years would I have believed anyone who said by round 4, Oates would be one of our most reliable. Happy for him.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
It would be pure desperation to bring him in as we go up against the roosters and Panthers. At least give Gamble the chance to get flogged by those teams and use it as an excuse to bring in Mam against the dogs.
We are desperate but I would also go with Gamble.
I think we all expect Kevvie to put Billy there even though Tyson would be the superior option.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
I comment about every player in the team, but when I criticize a certain Englishmen shit always hits the fan, regardless that I mostly say good things about him. <=== take note of this, and STFU about me "hating him."

For the record, Herbie isn't the only player who doesn't look sideways when he has the football, but he's the only one you're not allowed to criticize for it lest the crying starts. He's also one of our key attacking weapons, so it's kind of important he distributes the ball more than a couple of times a game. I don't care if you're lovesick over him. That's your problem. Leave me alone.
Rather than continuing to deflect, why don’t you just respond to the information provided by Johnny92?

As I said, criticise whoever you want. If you can back it up with evidence, fair enough. But when it is clearly wrong, expect to be challenged on it.

If you don’t like that, don’t make the claims in the first place.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Rather than continuing to deflect, why don’t you just respond to the information provided by Johnny92?

As I said, criticise whoever you want. If you can back it up with evidence, fair enough. But when it is clearly wrong, expect to be challenged on it.

If you don’t like that, don’t make the claims in the first place.
Give it a rest. You're obsessed with him. He rarely passes. End of story. I don't care about your obsession with him. I've watched every minute of every game he's played for us. I know his pros and cons by now.

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
Another option would be to bring in Brenko Lee and move Staggs to 6 which would hopefully see him more involved.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Another option would be to bring in Brenko Lee and move Staggs to 6 which would hopefully see him more involved.
In theory, yes, and Kevvie did that during the last game, but I increasingly suspect Kotoni's issues run deeper than needing to get involved. He loves the football, and he loves running at the try line. He looks dazed and confused out there. Whatever that is, that's what needs addressing. He's a terrific centre. We shouldn't need to move him.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Give it a rest. You're obsessed with him. He rarely passes. End of story. I don't care about your obsession with him. I've watched every minute of every game he's played for us. I know his pros and cons by now.
You can throw as many tantrums as you like, it’s not going to change the facts.

Farnworth had equal or more TA’s per game in 2021, in a far shittier performing team, than Olam and Manu, two of the most widely considered premier centres in the NRL.

If you refuse to acknowledge that, feel free to block me again.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
You can throw as many tantrums as you like, it’s not going to change the facts.

Farnworth had equal or more TA’s per game in 2021, in a far shittier performing team, than Olam and Manu, two of the most widely considered premier centres in the NRL.

If you refuse to acknowledge that, feel free to block me again.
You're welcome to your opinion. I'm welcome to mine. Which is that his skill set is better suited to the wing. I base that on his limited ball skills, and his propensity to charge forward without looking for support. Not that he's never passed the ball ever. Or that he hasn't assisted a try ever.

I happen to enjoy watching players who throw the ball around. Like the Broncos of old. They happen to be my favourite players. I don't care if there are other players who hog the ball and make big metres. They're not my favourites. But I've still given Herbie Player of the Round votes. Which he deserved.

Do we really need to derail another thread with this?

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
You're welcome to your opinion. I'm welcome to mine. Which is that his skill set is better suited to the wing. I base that on his limited ball skills, and his propensity to charge forward without looking for support. Not that he's never passed the ball ever. Or that he hasn't assisted a try ever.

I happen to enjoy watching players who throw the ball around. Like the Broncos of old. They happen to be my favourite players. I don't care if there are other players who hog the ball and make big metres. They're not my favourites. But I've still given Herbie Player of the Round votes. Which he deserved.

Do we really need to derail another thread with this?
That’s the thing though, this is not a matter of your opinion, mine or anyone else’s.

Stats aren’t opinion, they’re facts, and they are widely used to compare player performance and output.

But if we are talking Broncos of yesteryear. Renouf is easily the best centre we’ve ever had. He was also very much a run first, second and third, pass every now and then type of player.

I expect you enjoyed watching him play?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Gamble and Kennedy pulled out against Tweed tomorrow.

Smoothy tonight destroyed the Magpies, if Mam didn't miss 6-8 tackles I will be shocked. They would nearly all be in the first 20 minutes.

Missed five but one Falcons try he got stepped around and wouldn't have got a hand on him- so that won't count as a miss but should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • kiwibronco
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Stix
  • Tim K
  • Alec
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • leon.bott
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dexter
  • Galah
  • Bronco bob
  • Rowdy124
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.