Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
He has only played one game. Norths lost by a point. I was disappointed Norths/Gamble should have closed it out and won. To let the Dolphins score twice in the last 10 minutes and then kick a field goal to win is pretty average.

He just did what Gamble does- ran hard, tackled and kicked a bit and didn't shut up.

Sounds like he went well on the weekend though? 60-70m break off a grubber and helped with the try next set. He and Turner had a bit of a duel from the reports

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
If Lockyer could coach i think he would already be coaching. Unfortunately not every great player makes a great (or even good) coach.
I guess the best option is to move him on then. I’m sure he could be a good coach if he wanted to but he seems to enjoy being around those channel 9 commentary clowns.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Sounds like he went well on the weekend though? 60-70m break off a grubber and helped with the try next set. He and Turner had a bit of a duel from the reports

Yeah I hadn't watched it yet and sort of forgot about it. Sorry.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Why is everyone assuming Haas will be suspended?

Get a grip. The club can't afford to have him off the field with Roosters and Panthers coming up.

remember the NRL have the power to suspend a player

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Man I wish this club wasn’t a fucking shit show, I’d love to be able to be in the position to give Ezra, Brendan and Mariner a debut but the way things are it would be like throwing them to the wolves.
We threw Coates to the wolves and the kid didn’t even know what winning was when he was here. Now he seems happy down at Melbourne and extends his contract pretty quickly.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
I think Gamble needs to be in the team if not for his ball playing skills, then at least he knows how to rile up and “piss off” opposition players.

As much as I had Ennis when he was at the Dogs, he gave brutal smackdowns mocking and belittling opponents that most otherwise great players would have a brain snap and play with “wrong” aggression. Psychological warfare is just as important in my books and he all know that Radley is te Roosters loose cannon.
Ennis was also a quality hooker with a lot of smarts. He managed to play that way because he knew what was needed, when.
Hodges was the same. I dont know if gamble is there yet but its not like the other contenders for his role have shined.
He wasnt that impressive in his last trial and i would want see him shine in q cup before pushing him straight in.
So unless hes looking a million bucks at training i would go with walters at 5/8 and maybe give him a shot off the bench, pushing walters to dummy half.
If paix was plaing good in q cup id be considering him but didnt sound like it.
I wouldnt be surprised to see lee in the centres this week. What else can a coach do if you push your player to get more involved and they dont?
The other option is to push staggs to the utilty role and he comes on for turpin at some stage, pushing walters to dummy half, but i dont like it personally. It would mean he would a limited time to show something or be dragged.
He looks either lacking in confidence or just not fit, and either way a spell in q cup is needed for it.

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
I really want to see Herbie put to fullback. He doesn't seem like a guy who lacks confidence or goes into his shell. He always has a crack and does plenty of work. Super fast. from what I can tell has a brain (1 on 1 strip). Even though he doesn't score off every one he has a knack for finding gaps. And backs up on others breaks. And can tackle blokes 1 on 1.

I reckon if he was in the Melbourne system they would develop him like they have papenhousen.

Give the man a go!

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I really want to see Herbie put to fullback. He doesn't seem like a guy who lacks confidence or goes into his shell. He always has a crack and does plenty of work. Super fast. from what I can tell has a brain (1 on 1 strip). Even though he doesn't score off every one he has a knack for finding gaps. And backs up on others breaks. And can tackle blokes 1 on 1.

I reckon if he was in the Melbourne system they would develop him like they have papenhousen.

Give the man a go!

Yep, I think most agree with you. Are you listening Kevvie?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
360 suggesting that Vlando and co want a crack down on 6 agains this week... just so happens we're up against a full strength rorters so I can see us getting absolutely shafted early on and then looking at a 30+ scoreline.

Literally our only shot for the game was if the refereeing was consistent with what it's been and we get an opportunity to grind our way into an arm wrestle... can see us not being allowed to play this week and staring down the barrel of a 40% possession and 35% territory type game... fucking hate this manufactured prick of a competition some times

S

Shane Tronc

QCup Player
Apr 7, 2018
I would consider playing gamble as a bench middle this game if he doesn’t get picked at 6. We are light on middles currently and desperately need energy out there. Gamble linking the middle would push Reynolds wider which might actually get our backline going

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I’ve been thinking of how to fix our key issues with the least changes to the team.

The 3 unforced changes I’ve come up with are as follows.

The first is the obvious issue of telegraphed plays and poor service. With Walters now likely moving to 6. Paix comes on to the bench and Turpin should play far less minutes.

The second change is to swap Riki and Capewell’s edge. Capewell looked better on the right at the Panthers. Having his experience there should improve out right side defence. Give Reynolds someone to run lines for him, and also bring Staggs into the game more. It will also allow Capewell to lead the kick chases on that side which have been poor.

Finally Cobbo needs some time in cup. Periera probably offers slightly more than Mead with his energy but Mead wouldn’t let you down either.

1. Niu
2. Oates
4. Farnworth
3. Staggs
5. Periera
6. Walters
7. Reynolds
8. Palasia
9: Turpin
10. Haas
11. Riki
12. Capewell
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. James
16. Kennedy/Jensen
17. Robati

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
I would consider playing gamble as a bench middle this game if he doesn’t get picked at 6. We are light on middles currently and desperately need energy out there. Gamble linking the middle would push Reynolds wider which might actually get our backline going
Seems the last two weeks the second we show any line speed in defence we get pinged for it and are pretty passive the rest of the game.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
We definitely want Gamble in the side, Roosters are full of hot heads Perfect for Gamble to exploit, if we turn the game into a grind I think we have every chance of winning that type of game.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
We definitely want Gamble in the side, Roosters are full of hot heads Perfect for Gamble to exploit, if we turn the game into a grind I think we have every chance of winning that type of game.
I hope you're right (Tyson 6, Billy 14) but my hunch is it will be Billy 6, Cory Paix 14.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
As much as I think Farnworth would make a capable fullback, switching him now, with very little experience in the position would be an absolute disaster. At the very least he'd need a pre-season there to learn the subtleties of the position and, most importantly, the defensive characteristics. Cobbo is too erratic, so Niu is the logical choice IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Manofoneway
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Gympie devil
  • Rambstien
  • leon.bott
  • Organix
  • BroncosMan
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.