PRE-GAME [Round 5, 2022] Broncos vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
couldn't care less about a presser , on feild performance is the worry .
Part and parcel my friend. If he is unable to answer the questions about this on going mess how’s he gunna fix it. He appeared to be clueless as to what just happened let alone what needs to be done to stem the tide against the stronger clubs.
Almost comical if it wasn’t so upsetting.

Im glad to see finally guys like Kobe and Paix in there. Ive wanted to see Kobe at 13 all season and due to injury (unfortunately) hes made it. So something to look forward to.

Same with Paix.

I would have thought that a great opportunity to bring Gamble in here may be missed. We all know Radley can get wound up and i cant think of anyone better tasked with that over 80 minutes then Tyson.

When you're struggling, you have to dive deep into the bread basket to find something.

Id give Gamble a runout here...
I'm happy to give billy a crack this rd but yes I think tysons energy would be great, would even consider him on the bench for a stint in the middle

Part and parcel my friend. If he is unable to answer the questions about this on going mess how’s he gunna fix it. He appeared to be clueless as to what just happened let alone what needs to be done to stem the tide against the stronger clubs.
Almost comical if it wasn’t so upsetting.
don't think Kevvie has ever been comfortable in front of the camera , and whether he can or can't will be seen in our performance not in the presser.

don't think Kevvie has ever been comfortable in front of the camera , and whether he can or can't will be seen in our performance not in the presser.
While I don’t really care about media, @Wolfie (i think) made a comment that the playing group likes Kev but they have trouble understanding what he wants from them.

If his media personality is anything like his off camera personality then this would track. Seems like a nice fella but he is a babbler.

While I don’t really care about media, @
Wolfie
Wolfie (i think) made a comment that the playing group likes Kev but they have trouble understanding what he wants from them.

isn't that the same issue the playing group had with Seibold 🤔

If IRC it was his job being in front of a camera before he took over from Anthony. Not the camera that worries him, or indeed the questions that make him feel uncomfortable - it’s the answers to those questions quite clearly.
Look I love the bloke - just wish he was coaching someone else’s team at the minute. And I agree - it’s the performance on the field that counts and currently last two games against plodders is 18pts for and 58 against. Roosters next FMD.

While I don’t really care about media, @Wolfie (i think) made a comment that the playing group likes Kev but they have trouble understanding what he wants from them.

If his media personality is anything like his off camera personality then this would track. Seems like a nice fella but he is a babbler.
then maybe mister ben "IQ' Ikin may need to run some video sessions with the boys to explain it better.
maybe this is true but accountability should be across the board, the storm players take note pads to sessions, and if this is the problem then why isn't there someone around to get it through to the players. it's a football department not just player's and a coach.

then maybe mister ben "IQ' Ikin may need to run some video sessions with the boys to explain it better.
maybe this is true but accountability should be across the board, the storm players take note pads to sessions, and if this is the problem then why isn't there someone around to get it through to the players. it's a football department not just player's and a coach.
Didn’t Seibold try to do this and James Roberts threw it out in front of him or something like that. The culture is cooked.

NFL players have text books of plays their made to memorise

We are the second worst in the comp for errors overall, 3rd worst in the comp (somehow) for handling errors and 4th worst for ineffective tackles, whilst having completed the most amount of tackles in the comp (not surprising given how allergic to the pill we are).

Our defence is hot garbage, our error rate is atrocious and ball handling, terrible.

Overall these stats show our attitude stinks because these are all effort areas and our efforts are absolutely dismal.

This is going to be a very long season at this rate unless significant change occurs and I’m sure we all know how likely significant change is, under Kevin…

Last year there was significant change every week and fans here whinged about that too

I actually think we'll turn up and show some fight in this game but the Roosters will have too much class in their backline when it comes down to it

Didn’t Seibold try to do this and James Roberts threw it out in front of him or something like that. The culture is cooked.

NFL players have text books of plays their made to memorise
yeah but Seibold rustled alot of feathers straight of the bat , has to be a happy medium and the storm have found it and if this is true about players not grasping Kevvie's plan then we need to find it.

I think someone (maybe 1910??) said last year some time that Kevvie is trying to simplify everything as much as possible.

If they're still unable to grasp even a simplified game plan then the playing group is just full of athletes with no footy IQ.

Reynolds seems to be the only one in the spine with a brain at the moment.

I think someone (maybe 1910??) said last year some time that Kevvie is trying to simplify everything as much as possible.

If they're still unable to grasp even a simplified game plan then the playing group is just full of athletes with no footy IQ.

Reynolds seems to be the only one in the spine with a brain at the moment.
don't know what it is but it can't be unfixable

I did get told that at one point. Oates is actually a good example of this. He wasnt happy with Corey, who wanted some feedback about what he needed to improve on. I dont know specifics, but he didnt really get anything he could work with from Kevvie and just got dropped back to ISC. I'm not sure with Kevvie if its just his communication with his players thats the issue or they just cant get his gameplan.

The players love him though, i'm just not convinced he is head coach material.

I did get told that at one point. Oates is actually a good example of this. He wasnt happy with Corey, who wanted some feedback about what he needed to improve on. I dont know specifics, but he didnt really get anything he could work with from Kevvie and just got dropped back to ISC. I'm not sure with Kevvie if its just his communication with his players thats the issue or they just cant get his gameplan.

The players love him though, i'm just not convinced he is head coach material.
Players loving him is a good start. To me that means he just needs better assistance to support players with KPI’s and areas of improvements.

I've been thinking, you know what, I reckon Gamble needs to come in. The reason I say this is, he is not the most gifted player running around BUT that doesn't matter because he makes up for it with heart and makes people around him stand taller. They know he has their back, they know if someone intimidates them, he is first one in to support them. In time, he can be replaced but we need him right now because we have too many passive, quiet players. He will get in opposition faces. It isn't a coincidence the team generally looked better when he came in last year.

Totally agreed. I was for Gamble to start the season at 6 alongside Renyolds, bit of a shame his pre-season form didn't push his case more. But the energy he brings is just what this team needs right now. It's not the kind of thing you can ride all year, but if it gets them up for the next few games and they get some wins they shouldn't, then perhaps some momentum builds, confidence grows, the team starts playing like a team and not a bunch of strangers, and you don't need to rely on that energy every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • bb_gun
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.