PRE-GAME [Round 5, 2022] Broncos vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kobe starting is massive…especially with his background at 9, I hope can become another option for attack.
I love his old school tackle technique too. It seems he lifts a couple of players up every game and dumps them…hoping he doesn’t get pinged for dangerous tackle though, knowing our luck!
I hope paix gets on by at least the 25-30min mark and get a good stint either side of half time.

im hopeful we see some of Billy’s running game that we saw in trials…then just make sure test is always sniffing around.

I think Kobe starting is massive…especially with his background at 9, I hope can become another option for attack.
I love his old school tackle technique too. It seems he lifts a couple of players up every game and dumps them…hoping he doesn’t get pinged for dangerous tackle though, knowing our luck!
I hope paix gets on by at least the 25-30min mark and get a good stint either side of half time.

im hopeful we see some of Billy’s running game that we saw in trials…then just make sure test is always sniffing around.
I too am excited to see hetherington FINALLY start, it’s crazy it took a suspension and an injury for it to happen. That in itself doesn’t fill me with confidence when it comes to kevie as coach.

And that’s what needs to happen at hooker - sub on for either side of the half. I’m one of Turps biggest fans but playing him 55+ straight isn’t the best use of him. The only thing I can think of is that Kev doesn’t want to use two subs for hooker/Turps back on for a forward in a lock role which did happen late last year. But then you consider his bench usage and there never seems to be a plan so it really shouldn’t matter

Channel 9 saying Haas will be suspended by NRL. Might play this weekend but will definitely miss panthers game. May from panthers actually charged by QLD police with assault but not stood down or suspended. How the **** is that fair?

Channel 9 saying Haas will be suspended by NRL. Might play this weekend but will definitely miss panthers game. May from panthers actually charged by QLD police with assault but not stood down or suspended. How the **** is that fair?

It's the NRL, and you expect fairness and consistency? I suggest you go and watch another sport. Literally, any other professional sport. Even most amateur ones. All are far better run than this shitshow.

They're using the excuse that May's case is in the courts and because it's less than a 10 year potential sentence, the "no fault standown" rule doesn't apply.

But Haas' matter is being investigated by the police too, so why are the getting involved?

Absolute fucking bullshit. Haas did nothing wrong, self defence is not a crime and I don't think he acted immorally either, I've never been in trouble with the law, but if Kelly kept stepping on my shoes I'd happily slap him too. Even what Kelly did, is just a mate being a pest, it's not something for the NRL to get involved in.

But that's neither here nor there, no member of the public was involved, it's between two friends, it was done and dusted the next morning, why are the NRL getting involved at all. I'd seriously like the club to contest this, the NRL always bends us over and we get unfairly targeted time and time again.

They're using the excuse that May's case is in the courts and because it's less than a 10 year potential sentence, the "no fault standown" rule doesn't apply.

But Haas' matter is being investigated by the police too, so why are the getting involved?

Absolute fucking bullshit. Haas did nothing wrong, self defence is not a crime and I don't think he acted immorally either, I've never been in trouble with the law, but if Kelly kept stepping on my shoes I'd happily slap him too. Even what Kelly did, is just a mate being a pest, it's not something for the NRL to get involved in.

But that's neither here nor there, no member of the public was involved, it's between two friends, it was done and dusted the next morning, why are the NRL getting involved at all. I'd seriously like the club to contest this, the NRL always bends us over and we get unfairly targeted time and time again.
It's 100% window dressing. Histrionic threads on fan forums like this need to be thrown a corpse.

I too am excited to see hetherington FINALLY start, it’s crazy it took a suspension and an injury for it to happen. That in itself doesn’t fill me with confidence when it comes to kevie as coach.
I like his energy and foot work . But ,,,
Kobe is one lift and drive tackle that goes wrong, away from joining Tommy F on the side line .
I have flinched at a few of his tackles so far this season . Nothing went wrong . But the potential for spearing some one is there .

All the Roosters with the whisper in his ear on Friday "you'll be anonymous down in Sydney mate, Uncle Nick looks after us...why stay up here in the limelight?"

I don't get this obsession with fans on here putting a priority on what we can do in attack or what we aren't doing in attack when we've conceded soft tries in the past 2 weeks.

We should absolutely be getting our defense in order, that's how we will win games (just like we did in the first 2 rounds).
While our defence could definitely improve our biggest problem same as last year is unforced errors just handing back possession cheaply to the opposition.

Also some of the schoolboy errors we perform like Farnworth dragging a tackled player 5 m along the ground into touch for an obvious penalty or Nui and Cobbo picking up a ball from a kick right on the tryline and instead of just hitting the ground and staying in the field of play they stay upright and get man handled into the in goal by 3 defenders.

They are only small things but do alter the momentum of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• kman
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.