Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Fun fact, guess who has the lowest average running metres in the whole squad, even Brenko Lee in his like 5 minutes on field has more. Spoiler alert, he wears a number that looks like an upside down 6.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Fun fact, guess who has the lowest average running metres in the whole squad, even Brenko Lee in his like 5 minutes on field has more. Spoiler alert, he wears a number that looks like an upside down 6.
Does he also have the most tackles?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Does he also have the most tackles?

Yes he does. 20 more than Payne in fact. However, had Riki played both games (round 3 he spent most of the time off), he'd probably be number 1. Turps' tackle percentage is also pretty good at over 96% but he is trumped by a few others in the forwards.

Interestingly, Oates' tackle percentage is 33%!

Kotoni is significantly the lowest average metre getter in the backline. Palasia's takle percentage is under 90%, I'm sure this would be significantly better if his second-row time is taken out.

But it really does show that if Turps could somehow be any kind of attacking threat at all, he'd be a decent player. He's the reverse Niu.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I've been thinking, you know what, I reckon Gamble needs to come in. The reason I say this is, he is not the most gifted player running around BUT that doesn't matter because he makes up for it with heart and makes people around him stand taller. They know he has their back, they know if someone intimidates them, he is first one in to support them. In time, he can be replaced but we need him right now because we have too many passive, quiet players. He will get in opposition faces. It isn't a coincidence the team generally looked better when he came in last year.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Walters
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Palasia
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. James
15. Jensen
16. Robati
17. Paix

18. Gamble
19. Kennedy (Yay for @Huge!)
20. Lee
21. Hoeter
22. Pereira
23. Mam
24. Bayliss
In the preseason I said we needed stability and that Kev had to pick his best 17 and back it, only making forced changes, and to his credit he seems to be doing that.

when I said that though I didn’t expect us to still suck so bad.

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
On Staggs it looks like teams are getting the opposing centre and winger to sprint up and jam him as he gets the ball. I'm no centre but wouldn't just standing a bit deeper in attack stop the defenders from doing this?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
On Staggs it looks like teams are getting the opposing centre and winger to sprint up and jam him as he gets the ball. I'm no centre but wouldn't just standing a bit deeper in attack stop the defenders from doing this?

It means a cheeky half should either go the cut-out to the winger, or, more likely, with Riki back they'll be shaping to go out to Staggs, getting Riki one-on-one with their half.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Throw in Ezra I seriously don’t even care anymore. He can spark our attack. Put Walters into the 9 and paix at 14 that’s some attacking footy

He'd spark the Roosters attack for sure- equal most missed tackles in the ISC after three games and 12th for try assists, 33rd for tackle breaks, 11th for tries, 22nd for engaging the line.

Long way to go.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I don't get this obsession with fans on here putting a priority on what we can do in attack or what we aren't doing in attack when we've conceded soft tries in the past 2 weeks.

We should absolutely be getting our defense in order, that's how we will win games (just like we did in the first 2 rounds).

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Cobbo could stand deeper and Staggs run a decoy while Niu goes out back. Reynolds to Niu, Niu to Cobbo.

Would mean our team has to be able to pull off a set play though and that it wouldn’t just be shut down by the time Turpin shovels it at Reynolds hairline.

Rico

Rico

QCup Player
Jun 4, 2016
It is so funny that Melbourne just have this production line of 9s - Smith -> Friend -> Hinchcliffe -> Kostjaysn -> Smith -> Grant -> Wishart

There are a LOT of good 'uns in there and we somehow end up with Turpin.
Aitken . Remember all Of those knock ons in that GF when CS was suspended and they got whacked.. gold

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Billy will be named at 6, Paix at 14. Capewell and Riki are back.

Albert is having surgery to repair his Lisfranc injury, putting him out of action for 4 months.

Ryan James:

“Billy has stepped up. He can play six or nine. He is very versatile and is a great utility. He will do a great job. It gives Cory a chance to come on to the bench. He can add a bit of speed to the bench. We haven’t been working hard on our effort plays. In our first couple of weeks we were doing a lot of kick pressure, a lot of running men off the ball. We’ve gone away from it. They’re the things that when your teammates are doing them, you like to play with them. You watch what Penrith do. They run onside and run players off the ball."

“Tesi is just getting tackled as he’s catching the ball. We need to be better in helping each other out. They’re the things that go a long way to winning a game. Payne might run 200m in a game but if we’re not doing the things to help our halfback and fullback out then we’re not doing our job. We were extremely disappointed to play in front of 40,000 against the Cowboys and put that performance in. We have to put it behind us. We know the Roosters will be a big game. We got wins because we were gritty so we’ve got to get back to that style of footy.”

McHunt
Interesting choice of words from James.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Financeguy
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.