Round 5 - Broncos vs Eels - Pre Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
NRL 360 is somewhat less NSW biased because Ikin is on the show, and tends to discuss the Queensland teams a bit more in depth than any of the other shows, it's still pretty bad though.

WTB a TV show purely dedicated to discussing the 3 Queensland teams.

Just read the courier mail and watch the Footy Show. That's QLD bias galore.

It's hosted by one of the most passionate and parochial Queenslanders ever so I'm just presuming it is. I don't watch that show as I find it a waste of time and almost irrelevant to the game.

It's hosted by one of the most passionate and parochial Queenslanders ever so I'm just presuming it is. I don't watch that show as I find it a waste of time and almost irrelevant to the game.

You presumed wrong, they rarely discuss anything Queensland related, except around origin time, not to mention the panel is usally 90% Blue, excluding Vautin / Brohman

We should make a media thread...good discussion all-round.

Never the less, you're right, The Footy Show by and large is fluff but it isn't bad background noise and every so often they have these nice pieces on players (ie Jamal Idris, Will Hopoate) that is well worth watching.

Actually now that I think about it, Yvonne Sampson is behind those stories so that makes all the sense in the world. Clearly one of the best reporters the game has, alongside Lara Phillips and that isn't me being misogynist either, both are just very good at their jobs.

Vautin is a Queensland legend, that cannot be denied but as a host he remains fairly neutral and doesn't get much further than 'Go Queensland' every now and then. If anything, the only agenda Fat has, is he's pro Fatty.

His opinion is either very archaic or just jumps on board with the popular opinion without ever really explaining it. He keeps it light so he can make references to his hair colour and the Benny Hill show.

So yeah, I don't think the show has any agendas per say, largely because there isn't much room for them. Now, back in the day, it used to be a massive Newcastle love in with Chief & Matty as panelists.

Here's a few of their amazing insights...

- Milton Thaiday will play for NSW (2006)
- They should introduce a wild-card system for the finals so in-form teams (like the Knights) can be involved in the finals (2005)
- Timana Tahu is the best centre in the game (2005-2007)
- Darren Albert will play for NSW (2006)
- We're tipping Newcastle (Every Round 2002-2007)

etc etc

The Thaiday comment in particular was hilarious since he was actually a Queenslander.

Last edited:
IMO this game will really show us where the Broncos are at, it's a game we should win but that doesn't mean much these days.

Looking forward to seeing how Hunt + Hoffman compare to Sandow + Norman, the little guy always seems to fire up against us

4 from 5 would be a dream start though, and I reckon we can do it.

We should make a media thread...good discussion all-round.

Never the less, you're right, The Footy Show by and large is fluff but it isn't bad background noise and every so often they have these nice pieces on players (ie Jamal Idris, Will Hopoate) that is well worth watching.

Actually now that I think about it, Yvonne Sampson is behind those stories so that makes all the sense in the world. Clearly one of the best reporters the game has, alongside Lara Phillips and that isn't me being misogynist either, both are just very good at their jobs.

Vautin is a Queensland legend, that cannot be denied but as a host he remains fairly neutral and doesn't get much further than 'Go Queensland' every now and then. If anything, the only agenda Fat has, is he's pro Fatty.

His opinion is either very archaic or just jumps on board with the popular opinion without ever really explaining it. He keeps it light so he can make references to his hair colour and the Benny Hill show.

So yeah, I don't think the show has any agendas per say, largely because there isn't much room for them. Now, back in the day, it used to be a massive Newcastle love in with Chief & Matty as panelists.

Here's a few of their amazing insights...

- Milton Thaiday will play for NSW (2006)
- They should introduce a wild-card system for the finals so in-form teams (like the Knights) can be involved in the finals (2005)
- Timana Tahu is the best centre in the game (2005-2007)
- Darren Albert will play for NSW (2006)
- We're tipping Newcastle (Every Round 2002-2007)

etc etc

The Thaiday comment in particular was hilarious since he was actually a Queenslander.

LOL, those days were horrible. I used to really hate the Knights too so it was unbearable. The comment Chief made in 2005 was so ridiculous! Newcastle were coming last by a long way and still said they should be in the finals coz they had hit form.

Fatty's a May-July friend. Otherwise just another Manly jerk

I can't believe it is round 5 this year has gone so quick! Anyway, I think the Broncos defence and fitness should suffocate the Eels and I expect this game to be one where Ben Barba explodes.

Daniel Vidot to score a double. The left edge for Parra is where we should target. Hopoate is still finding his feet and Sio is poop in D.

Broncs will win this one by two tries tonight. Besides winning tonight, nothing would make me more happy than non-stop traffic directed at Norman till he actually quits and begs the coach to get him off the field.

Broncs will win this one by two tries tonight. Besides winning tonight, nothing would make me more happy than non-stop traffic directed at Norman till he actually quits and begs the coach to get him off the field.

lol just outta curiosity why so much hatred towards norman?

lol just outta curiosity why so much hatred towards norman?

Because once he couldn't play his favourite position, he cracked the sads and decided he was't going to put in.

Consequently, he got dropped to ISC.

Where, again, he wasn't good enough to play 5/8th and where again he got shunted to fullback and where again, he cracked the sads....

Because once he couldn't play his favourite position, he cracked the sads and decided he was't going to put in.

Consequently, he got dropped to ISC.

Where, again, he wasn't good enough to play 5/8th and where again he got shunted to fullback and where again, he cracked the sads....

true but i never rated him as a player any way so im glad he left i still think nikorama and strasser has way more potential then he ever did so its a win for us that eels paid overs for him

Because he looked like he wasn't trying his hardest.

maybe but have u seen him since being with eels. he looks the same i just think hes not a very good player, hes and average half at best imo. i was actually pretty happy when he left i thought finally a young half gets a chance but unfortunatly girffin decided to throw hoffman there instead :\ i suppose cant complain to much as atm we are winning games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.