Dodds/Tronc
Glenn
Thaiday
Parker

Gillett
Carlaw
McGuire
Beale

So long as Dodds/Tronc get us some momentum early. Potentially give Thaiday more minutes and play out wider, and shift him up front or bench when Gillett comes on.

But obviously that doesn't sit with Griffin's plans.

Finally watched the game in full in the early hours of yesterday morning.

Is it just me or has Yow Yeh stepped up this season? He came up with a lot of good dummy half runs which put us on the front foot and those tackles towards the end of the game I thought gave us the advantage.

Looked like Wallace is playing more confidently which is great to see. When he first came here, he wasn't a Benji Marshall or anything like that but what made Wallace such a succesful player was his ability to back himself either with his running game or kicking game. Last season, he appeared to be going through the motions or unsure what to do. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

Hodges was great also, surprised how little was made of his performance. It's right up there as one of the best from any centre this season.

Big Pete said:
Hodges was great also, surprised how little was made of his performance. It's right up there as one of the best from any centre this season.

Well in the post match Alexander called him the best centre in the game and said he will be chosen for the Australian squad.

I should clarify, on this website. [icon_razz1

pwn you cant quote Alexander, he had a 5 minute rant about the Broncs.

Can someone explain the Reed no try, it looked like he scored

Reed was very unlucky with that one, i thought it was on the line

draggx said:
Reed was very unlucky with that one, i thought it was on the line

I didn't think there was downward pressure.

It was a 50/50. I thought Lockyer's was more clear-cut. Yes there was a player in the D line but the Knights scum deliberately ran into him because he would not have gotten there anyway. The gap was created by some other Knights scum rushing out of the line looking for an intercept.

gUt said:
It was a 50/50. I thought Lockyer's was more clear-cut. Yes there was a player in the D line but the Knights scum deliberately ran into him because he would not have gotten there anyway. The gap was created by some other Knights scum rushing out of the line looking for an intercept.

Nah Lockyer's was an obstruction every day of the week. Not Locky's fault, but Dodds was loitering there and formed a block.

Yeah I thought it was fair enough that it didn't get given but I reckon Locky would have made it if Dodds had cleared the line.

gUt said:
Yeah I thought it was fair enough that it didn't get given but I reckon Locky would have made it if Dodds had cleared the line.

Quite likely, but the old "the defender was denied the opportunity to make a tackle" cliche comes to mind.

Dodds was in 'No-man's land'. If it doesn't affect the play it's all good but... something like that should ALWAYS be no try.

Unread

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.