Round 5 Discussion

Manly in a lot of trouble, BP's red marker must be getting closer to the page.

Or maybe it's more of a doomsday clock type thing.

Voss is a breath of fresh air after listening to Hadley last night. Channel 9 are making some woeful decisions lately. Slater is another useless boring prick on the payroll

With Watmough and Glenn Stewart already gone and then Foran and DCE bailing, I don't think anyone at the club cares anymore.

Only one person has picked Raiders in my tipping comp..

Looks like that person will maintain their lead.. Whoever it is.

That was remarkable from Austin to hold him up.

That was terrible from DCE and Stewart..

No urgency to get that ball.

And I know Manly have players out, but they still have a better squad than Raiders. It's no excuse.

Granted Manly have been pretty poor with a makeshift team, but I think Williams has really worked them with his kicking game.

May not have the hype of Cornish but his experience and composure seems to be working well for them.

Pretty good performance from the canberra halves to close out the game there, played to the conditions and the situation.

Is Fox Sports 1 down elswhere? It's not working were I am.

Horrible read in defence there from Uate.

I tipped the Raiders and Dragons tonight! Woo Hoo! 4/4 so far.

Bludger of a game, that one but the Broncs move up one on the ladder.

If only I had read more into the Dragons record at Hunter Stadium.

St. George have put in their best effort of the season, but Newcastle were extremely flat. I don't think they've been the best team in the competition and I think the wet conditions have exposed then somewhat.

Their halves have actually been quite poor. If you ask any Knights supporter to list one positive about Bennett's tenure, it's the improvement in Mullen's game, particularly his consistensy but so far he's been amongst their worst alongside Roberts.

They really cost the Knights with their poor last tackle plays and poor structure in general.

Oh and Tariq was a massive no-show.

Last time the Knights played for Alex McKinnon, they were shit.

They played for the Alex McKinnon cup tonight & they were shit.

St. George have put in their best effort of the season, but Newcastle were extremely flat. I don't think they've been the best team in the competition and I think the wet conditions have exposed then somewhat.

Their halves have actually been quite poor. If you ask any Knights supporter to list one positive about Bennett's tenure, it's the improvement in Mullen's game, particularly his consistensy but so far he's been amongst their worst alongside Roberts.

They really cost the Knights with their poor last tackle plays and poor structure in general.

Oh and Tariq was a massive no-show.

Good points, Pete. I tipped the Dragons mainly because I read in the pre-match review that they had an unchanged side. It's so important in the modern game to build cohesion and nothing builds confidence like the exact same 17 stringing together a few wins.

I'm also unconvinced about the Knights. I remember Matthew Johns (yeah, yeah I know) saying once that nothing will blunt a team's focus more than a week of positive press. Rick Stone, Gagai and all and sundry were getting showered with it this week after their great start to the season. Maybe it was a case of the Knights believing their own hype?

I think the weather also played a massive part. Newcastle seemed to panic a lot when they had the ball. They kept going for the miracle play rather than build pressure.

Live Sunday footy, finally!

I can't believe it took them this long to get it.

Sharks are spending a lot of time on the Roosters line but aren't offering much in attack and are being picked off pretty easily.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • kman
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
  • BRC088
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • winslow_wong
  • Kev_Guz
  • Ondi
  • thenry
  • Tmac
  • BroncosAlways
  • HarryAllan7
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.