PRE-GAME Round 5 - Knights vs Broncos

McDonald’s have assured their customers there will not be a nugget shortage

I love how serious that sounds. It's like a natural disaster with police and army blocking things off - "Don't panic! Form a line! There are enough chicken nuggets for everybody!"

I love how serious that sounds. It's like a natural disaster with police and army blocking things off - "Don't panic! Form a line! There are enough chicken nuggets for everybody!"

* me at the back of the line “YOU CAN’T KNOW THAT”.

Damn it people give them some space, where is that damn sweet and sour sauce I made the call for it to be here ASAP 10 minutes ago? There is only one man for a job like this, Anthony Milford, get him on the earliest flight here! Could make a 24 tv series season out of it. Bad guy turns out to be Colonel Sanders.

Last edited:
Just thinking about the team named on Tuesday and Haas might actually be closer to cracking 1st grade then some of us think. Given tpj and Hass were the only two forwards named in the reserves and tpj was under the injury cloud then any injury to our forwards would have seen Haas some get a start. Even with tpj passing fit if one of the front rowers went down injured you’d imagine he would be replaced by Haas rather then oppa, Pearson or shibaski who are the remaining reserves.

Would it be safe to say he’s ahead of fai and Tagataese in the pecking order or is Wayne just sharing the reserve roll around?

Thaiday is past it. Yeah why not couldn’t do any worse

I get Sam has had a long one club history. That buys him loyalty agree. But has it been 4 or 5 years since he was exceptional? Last contract negotiations I recall a handful of good games, then maybe a few a year since if that.

He’s had his Loyalty paid back. Absurd from Bennett, why would someone just come good after 2 years of crap. Give a young bloke a go, at moment no young guys even getting a taste.

Honestly winning comps is not about showing loyalty because a player is in their last year. If Sammy is playing because of loyalty, then he has overplayed his years and should have retired earlier. The best players available should be playing. I get some of the younger guys are also a risk but other clubs are doing it and their young guns are blazing after getting consistent decent time. Same goes with Boyd if he doesn’t start firing and to a lessor extent Gillett and Glenn. They need to start digging deeper

I get Sam has had a long one club history. That buys him loyalty agree. But has it been 4 or 5 years since he was exceptional? Last contract negotiations I recall a handful of good games, then maybe a few a year since if that.

He’s had his Loyalty paid back. Absurd from Bennett, why would someone just come good after 2 years of crap. Give a young bloke a go, at moment no young guys even getting a taste.

Bennett is clearly saying that just to wind up the idiot press and see if anyone bites. They did!

So besides Jordan Kahu, tonight we have a full streangth team. It’s round 5 so match fitness levels should be getting pretty high. Coming off the back of plenty of criticism and 4 unimpressive performances theres plenty to play for.

Up against a very “green” knights team I see tonight as the most crucial game yet. If we can’t improve our performances then there is serious trouble and surely next week Wayne has to sharpen the axe and make some changes. No excuses at all tonight.

If we play even close to how we played last Sunday then the season is as good as dead if you ask me. A performance like that with no pride and a team that looked like they didn’t care could be a sign of things to come.

The sad thing is though even if we do come out and play well I’m expecting a horrible performance the following week. I’ve come to expect it from the broncos the past 5 or 6 years.
I'm expecting the bounce back factor to strongly be in evidence. I've even put my money where my confidence is with an all up bet hinged on the Broncos winning. I expect them to be fierce and merciless and also think we'll see some smiling, try celebrating Broncos.

Not sure whether I'd rather see a solid grind or blow them off the park, neither seems all that likely but surely the boys will be up for this after last week. Desperately want to see Milf combine with Bird and Roberts, most importantly he needs to run the fucking pill.

Broncos by 8+

Imagine Roberts on Moga. He would have burned him.

Except ordinary ex players generally have blinders against us for some reason. It’s a real problem that am very much over. Either Broncs go easy on old friends which is unacceptable, don’t adapt our game plans to outsmart them or players feel like they have a lot to prove when they leave us which would be interesting to understand why.

Except ordinary ex players generally have blinders against us for some reason. It’s a real problem that am very much over. Either Broncs go easy on old friends which is unacceptable, don’t adapt our game plans to outsmart them or players feel like they have a lot to prove when they leave us which would be interesting to understand why.
You're absolutely right. However, after the first initial blinder, our opposing number generally seems to outplay them. As an example, Copley's first game against us for the Rooster's, he destroyed Roberts, and then in his next game has a Titan, Robert's completely outplayed him.

It'll be interesting to see how Arrow goes against us in his next game.

Will be at the game tonight, keen as a bean!

Absolutely picture perfect day here in Newy, very warm, so I expect it should be a relatively dry track. Hopefully that'll encourage some entertaining footy.

A bumper crowd on the cards too.

Will be at the game tonight, keen as a bean!

Absolutely picture perfect day here in Newy, very warm, so I expect it should be a relatively dry track. Hopefully that'll encourage some entertaining footy.

A bumper crowd on the cards too.

Ponga on a dry track... as scary as Milf was at his age

Active Now

• Santa
  • Redfern_1980
  • Reds2011
  • Skyblues87
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • lynx000
  • porouian
  • johnny plath
  • jarro65
  • Waynesaurus
  • Alec
  • bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.