PRE-GAME Round 5 - Knights vs Broncos

Allan- 1 try- nice link on the right. Hard day against the Bears they kept charging through and he was on his own back there.
two line breaks, one tackle break and three missed tackles.

Seve- six tackle breaks and one line break- been in great form and fifth most ground in the ISC.

Fai- three tackle breaks.

Scarelett- Kicked and one try assist. A lot of bad misses on Bears coming down his side.

Mago- two tries and four tackle breaks.

Taggers- 18 tackles and only one miss.

Dargon- two runs and 10 tackles in his 30 minutes

Carrigan- 57 minutes, missed a lot of tackles but Wynnum turned it over a lot so he ended up missing four and making 26.

Haas- 42 minutes, 11 hit ups and 120m, one tackle break. 18 tackles and 0 misses. He's only missed one now in four games.

Flegler- seven minutes- sent off

Staggs- 1 try, seven goals, 18 points, seven runs, one try assist, one line break assist, four tackle breaks, 29 tackles with one miss. Pretty good second game.

Haas' defence continues to impress me- one miss in four games and 86 tackles. He was great on Sunday getting up at Murphy. Does a lot of little things right.

Haas has Gotta be better then what Thaidays been putting out? Give him Sams 20min I bet he does more then 3 runs

Haas has Gotta be better then what Thaidays been putting out? Give him Sams 20min I bet he does more then 3 runs
So Bennett is going to drop Sammy in his last season after a decorated career for an 18 yo who hasn't achieved anything yet? Is that really what you are suggesting? You are obviously unfamiliar with Wayne's methods.

Thaiday needs to go. He's no longer a starting first grade player and he offers very little off the bench.

I'd consider keeping him around purely for experience but dropping the ball on the first tackle is not what our young guns need lessons in.

Just because Wayne won't do it doesn't make it a bad idea.
Wayne won't do it because it's a terrible idea. I've been noticing a few fb type posts on here lately, it's not a good look

Thaiday needs to go. He's no longer a starting first grade player and he offers very little off the bench.

I'd consider keeping him around purely for experience but dropping the ball on the first tackle is not what our young guns need lessons in.

To be fair Thaiday hasn’t been that bad off the bench the couple of weeks prior.

He did well against the Tigers in his short time. It was the first time I’ve seen him drag defenders with each run in a long time and he was solid defensively.

I think he should be given this game to make up for the Titans game. If he doesn’t, he should go.

Yes, yes, yes. I've outlined exactly, in plain easy to understand English which situations are suited to a very slow ptb. Once again for clarity, on the fifth tackle we could employ this tactic. Imagine tbe scenario, slow ptb , defence line statinary, markers forced to be inline, one behind another and stationary with our kicker with time to see the positioning of wingers and fullback, totally unrushed and able to kick to space. Contrast this with our present rushed, unthinking process that has markers shooting out, most times standing shoulder to shoulder and gaining a metre or two advantage that slack refereees overlook.

The second scenario is after the ball is kicked to us on the fifth. I've outlined my reasoning on that one repeatedly in the posts above.

Yeah, I'm happy with that.......as long as it's not McGuire playing the ball........give someone who will make some ground a go on this tackle dude.

So Bennett is going to drop Sammy in his last season after a decorated career for an 18 yo who hasn't achieved anything yet? Is that really what you are suggesting? You are obviously unfamiliar with Wayne's methods.

Thaiday is past it. Yeah why not couldn’t do any worse

That right there is the problem. Let's pick a guy who's form has been free falling at a scary rate for nearly 2 years now because of his decorated career which was peaking nearly 6 years ago.

I'm hating these weekend games, I need my Thursday/Friday Broncos fix. :glasscageofemotion:

Yep, keep him in the top 30 to coach our younger guys. Let him play QLD Cup if we really need him due to injuries but other than that his time has come.

I really hope we smash the knights just to see Matty Johns face.... on the flip side I won't be able to watch Fox for the next week if we lose.

If we play even close to how we played last Sunday then the season is as good as dead if you ask me. A performance like that with no pride and a team that looked like they didn’t care could be a sign of things to come.

The sad thing is though even if we do come out and play well I’m expecting a horrible performance the following week. I’ve come to expect it from the broncos the past 5 or 6 years.

Cue the injury to a centre/winger within the first 15 minutes.

Opacic is out

"Wait, we had had one guy on the team that tried hard last game? Can't let that happen."

Though I guess he is just there as injury cover, and that's a pretty negative way to go about a game.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • pennywisealfie
  • bert_lifts
  • lynx000
  • Big Del
  • leish107
  • ettybay
  • bb_gun
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • BruiserMk1
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • Rambstien
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Scdeac
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.