Round 5 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
We need a whole new spine, would keep Isaako because he is the least shit and we couldn’t afford to turn over the whole spine at once.

**** off Milford, Dearden, Turpin and Croft. Buy Reynolds, put Staggs at 6 and get a decent 9 from somewhere.

What a bunch of flogs.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Strangely I'm not mad, annoyed or even disgusted, I think I've transitioned to acceptance and pity, to play week in week out this badly and for so long must be truly embarrassing and soul crushing for the players and club.
I don't think they care to be honest. As long as they all keep on getting picked in the team and so handsomely paid, what does another flogging matter to most of them.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Xavier Coates - 12 runs for 68 metres. That is 5.6 metres per run.

Every single time he takes a run out of our own end he gets driven back and completely kills our momentum. I don't particularly care how fast he is or how tall he is, he fucking sucks to be honest.
For a guy who looks so athletic, his acceleration is so bad. Worse than darius cement shoes boyd.

similar to isaako, looks athletic as but has terrible upper body strength.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Well, I was giving Kev slack for the total lack of improvement over all and even regression in attack because everyone will blame that completely on the players so instead I am criticising him for the one thing no one else can be blamed for and that’s the terrible bench usage and the embarrassing treatment of the halves.
That's fair. I'm not saying it isn't a problem, it's just not really close to the problem. Which is that we suck in a multitude of areas and until some of this gets addressed, we're fucked.

Having said that, I'll repeat what I said earlier, we as fans shouldn't expect to win or even come close to the top teams. Sharks, Warriors, Tigers, Bulldogs, Manly, Dragons, Cowboys. That's our bread and butter.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I would really like to see TPJ on the edge next week, and Milford on the right hand side for starters.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
But these are the things the club should be helping him to improve, he runs very upright.
Decent coaching will fix most of his issues. We're under pressure on our kick returns but cannot get into position to return the favour.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
That's fair. I'm not saying it isn't a problem, it's just not really close to the problem. Which is that we suck in a multitude of areas and until some of this gets addressed, we're fucked.

Having said that, I'll repeat what I said earlier, we as fans shouldn't expect to win or even come close to the top teams. Sharks, Warriors, Tigers, Bulldogs, Manly, Dragons, Cowboys. That's our bread and butter.

I think it’s a huge problem. He’s the guy the club is entrusting to turn things around and 4 rounds in he’s already looking out of depth. Not based on results but on decisions.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Some support play would be nice too, as well as building on the glimpses of good line speed. When we moved up in defence, we rattled them. When we stood back, they shredded us.

The defence really ought to be first priority for Walters

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped more than one bundle amongst that lot as well at this point. This team is just so terrible in so many basic areas of the sport. It's like they've never played it in their lives. I beg someone to explain to me how Milford is still getting a run, but the truth is I already know. Kev is copping the same bullshit that Seiplod copped when it comes to selection. The size of Milford's paycheck and not much else is keeping him in the 17.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
I don't think they care to be honest. As long as they all keep on getting picked in the team and so handsomely paid, what does another flogging matter to most of them.
They'll still all be hanging out with their personal barbers and chilling at coffee shops posing for insta this week. Our weekend goes to shit with a loss but to them it doesn't matter, they still get picked again and paid the same regardless. Sweet deal tbh

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
You've just got a 7 tackle set.
You're on the half way line and have the defence is on the back foot, its the second (could have been third) tackle.
Even if you only make 10 meters in the next 2-3 tackles you're still on the opposition 40 and have the chance for a semi attacking kick.
Whats your next move?
Obviously go for an early kick because the defence aren't already retreating and you have a brilliant kicking game and an even better chase and show great ability to hold the opposition in their own 20...

Unread

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Shane Tronc
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.