PRE-GAME Round 5 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have staggs and coates defending next to eachother, another cricket score is not off the cards.

Nui did nothing particularly wrong last week but in terms of what the team needs from the bench, i would think dearden would be better, as he would offer more from dummy half than any other player we have available.

How long is Turpin expected to be on the sideline?

I tell you what, when TPJ returns against the Knights, he better really fucking rip in as far as he can without getting suspended again. Hit them hard, always wrap the arm, quit the grubby shit, get off the tackle quickly, rinse and repeat.

So what you’re saying is, TPJ another four week suspension?

You cannot honestly tell me this is a world where TPJ isn't allowed to play as an enforcer. If you're telling me that than pack up the sport because it's dead by that point. Yes he has a grubby side to him that he needs to iron out, but there is nothing about his play that the likes of Sonny Bill Williams and Jorge Taufua haven't been doing for fucking years, getting the commentators up out of their chairs and all sorts of shit.

The club needs to grow a fucking pair and challenge this assertion that our players are held to a different standard.

Oates in the backrow alongside Milf, Staggs and Coates all defending on the same side together. What could possibly go wrong?
Are you sure you’ve worked out that correctly?

I’m guessing that Oates would presumably play left BR, so it should read:

Oates, Milford, Boyd and Coates on the Left

Ofahengaue, Croft, Staggs and Farnworth on the Right.

Last edited:

That left side is legit terrifying in attack and defence, and not the kind of terrifying we can be happy with, and the right isn't much better.

How much does it cost to get sky writing done these days? Can we crowd fund to get "DROP BOYD" in the sky over Red Hill on Friday morning?

Last edited:
You cannot honestly tell me this is a world where TPJ isn't allowed to play as an enforcer. If you're telling me that than pack up the sport because it's dead by that point. Yes he has a grubby side to him that he needs to iron out, but there is nothing about his play that the likes of Sonny Bill Williams and Jorge Taufua haven't been doing for fucking years, getting the commentators up out of their chairs and all sorts of shit.

The club needs to grow a fucking pair and challenge this assertion that our players are held to a different standard.

You need to play smart and pick your moments to be an enforcer and use your physicality. TPJ just hasnt showed he can do that yet.

You need to play smart and pick your moments to be an enforcer and use your physicality. TPJ just hasnt showed he can do that yet.
This is spot on. There is nothing wrong with being a monster in defence, but you have to pick your timing. Hopefully with some maturity he can refine this part of his game in time.

Let’s be real though his hit on Maloney(?) last year was fine. Media went ballistic over it and he’s copped the bad rap forever now.

But if you play for a darling like the Roosters you run both elbows raised into every tackle

Let’s be real though his hit on Maloney(?) last year was fine. Media went ballistic over it and he’s copped the bad rap forever now.

But if you play for a darling like the Roosters you run both elbows raised into every tackle

I'd agree with that. His problem is he is getting a bit like a Burgess or Morley where he comes up with so much grubby stuff and brain explosions it magnifies everything he does.

My mistake - you're right there mate.

Unfortunately it doesn't instil me with anymore confidence whether Boyd or Staggs is defending on that side. I can see a lot of traffic head their way come Thursday. Hopefully I have egg on my face and the rebound and show some pride in defence.

TPJ has been rubbed out for 9 weeks now for belting guys already on the ground. I know he’s entitled to make the tackle but I’m reading between the lines and assuming the NRL wants him to stop doing that now... The other stints he had was for belting Cronk but that was a 50/50 and we all know Cronk is not allowed to be hit hard so it was to be expected and the hit he put on the fullback( can’t remember who) which was a fair hit and shouldn’t have been suspended. The rest of his game seems ok, he plays hard so there’s always the chance he’s going to accidentally whack someone a bit high but his last incident was just stupid. First game back after 5 weeks for belting a grounded player and he lines up O’Neill in a similar situation... Like, no wonder the NRL hit him with 4 weeks.
There’s nothing wrong with the way he plays. He needs to control the when and how he administers the aggression.

Putting a winger and prop as the 2 new edge backrowers for this week will improve the defence.

Something something bold strategy Cotton meme here please.

Putting a winger and prop as the 2 new edge backrowers for this week will improve the defence.

Something something bold strategy Cotton meme here please.

Desperate times, desperate measures, desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Gaz
  • jd87
  • Bronxnationgirl99
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Spoon
  • Wild Horse
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncsgoat
  • Tim K
... and 35 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.