PRE-GAME Round 5 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

July 12th, 2042.

Broncos medical staff clear Jordan Kahu to make his long awaited return after his 29th consecutive knee reconstruction.

Fans of the club remain outraged that the contract, signed by Kahu back in 2017, had a secret 'Injury clause' hidden within the fine print (Believed to have been inserted by Wayne Bennett prior to his departure), stipulating that if Kahu were to suffer a season ending injury, a player option for the following season would be added to his existing contract.

Yes, he's done well in the what, the 6 years he's been there, cap scandal notwithstanding. Of course in his first 3 years, the Eels finished 10th, 12th and 14th.

There's hope for Seibs yet, even more when gets the full team on the field.
The other thing is that Arthur had some real chods on the team when he got it and had to wait to flush them out of the system too. Some idiot in the office thought that bringing J Hayne back was worth the money. Give Siebold a chance to get his men on the field and then we can judge his ability.

You need to play smart and pick your moments to be an enforcer and use your physicality. TPJ just hasnt showed he can do that yet.
TPJ's aggression in defence has got him into trouble. I would be fine if he just made his tackles solid but not going over the top and then let the beast loose in attack and skittle players when he runs.

Running with the ball and dropping his shoulder is legal and could really lay the hurt and fear into their halves.

Has Seibold given a reason as to why he keeps picking Boyd?

Has Seibold given a reason as to why he keeps picking Boyd?

In the past he has said experience, runs on the board and he also said that David Fifita liked having Darius Boyd defending next to him and that if someone like David is saying Boyd is helpful to him out there, then he's got to listen to that.

In the past he has said experience, runs on the board and he also said that David Fifita liked having Darius Boyd defending next to him and that if someone like David is saying Boyd is helpful to him out there, then he's got to listen to that.

Ok the plot thickens. Why does Fifita like having Boyd next to him? What can Boyd possibly provide in defence next to Fifita ?

TPJ's aggression in defence has got him into trouble. I would be fine if he just made his tackles solid but not going over the top and then let the beast loose in attack and skittle players when he runs.
TPJ has been rubbed out for 9 weeks now for belting guys already on the ground.
There’s nothing wrong with the way he plays. He needs to control the when and how he administers the aggression.
TPJ is a deadset match winner. Potentially our best ever forward. TPJ running at the line with Haas and Fifita on either flank is a try, or 6 again, 9 times out of ten.

His discipline lapses are a glaring symptom of Seibold's failure to coach to priorities. He should've spent the last couple of months with a tackling coach whose remit would've been to iron out these kind of sloppy errors. This is what coaches are paid to do.

Meanwhile, listen to these fuckwads foaming over the prospect of offloading him to Bennett for occupational rehab:

Last edited:
Why does Fifita like having Boyd next to him? What can Boyd possibly provide in defence next to Fifita ?

From memory, it was to do with Darius' talk and guidance out on the field. Something about Fifita feeling more confident with Boyd there next to him. The reality is that a coach shouldn't be relying on a 19-year old's testimonial regarding a player that is offering nothing in defence or attack out there. Mind you this was from last year, I don't know what the reasons for picking Boyd this year are.

Seibold likes to empower his players by allowing them to have a lot of input, but I think he takes it way too far. These boys need a Bellamy or Maguire style coach and I only hope that Seibold is capable of it. I can't imagine Bellamy making excuses and talking about the amount of salary cap not playing due to injury/suspension after copping a bad beat. Excuses like that make it very hard to support the man.

Last edited:
TPJ is a deadset match winner. Potentially our best ever forward. TPJ running at the line with Haas and Fifita on either flank is a try, or 6 again, 9 times out of ten.

His discipline lapses are a glaring symptom of Seibold's failure to coach to priorities. He should've spent the last couple of months with a tackling coach whose remit would've been to iron out these kind of sloppy errors. This is what coaches are paid to do.

Meanwhile, listen to these fuckwads foaming over the prospect of offloading him to Bennett for occupational rehab:

I just can’t bring myself to watch/listen to anything Fox NRL at the moment. They’re so full of shit and agenda driven.

Wait... Crawley's banging WB's daughter??

Crawley comes across as the biggest Wayne groupy in the fucking world, it's actually annoying. I can guarantee Wayne doesn't even like him, he's just one of those people who's had a couple of conversations with Bennett at training and now goes around saying they're 'Good mates that chat regularly'.

Yep, we don't let him go, he's raw and I love it!

He is still young, we just need to keep working with him to improve his discipline.

100%. If he could stay on the field he’d be my favourite player. I can’t think of anything scarier then having to bust ass tackling Haas all day only to have Fifita and TPJ smashing you every other time.

TPJ and Fifita should make it a competition between themselves as the starting 2nd rowers. What a duo.

I see Hodgo has just offered to help Siebs out with a bit of assisting coaching of the boys. I'm sure Hodgo will genuinely make a huge impression on the younger guys and he just might inspire the older ones to put a bit more effort in to making this lost rabble a team willing to work for each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • Dexter
  • Aldo
  • Redfern_1980
  • Allo
  • Tristan1990
  • Lostboy
  • broncsgoat
  • azza.79
  • Redux
  • Bongo
  • NSW stables
  • Gaz
  • Financeguy
  • kwomo
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • MaroubraBroncos
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.