vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget he will be doing research finding an unexperienced manly side that got thumped as well.

Can’t wait for the next instalment

Seibold: “Look guys, I know it all seems doom and gloom but back in 2011, Manly lost 3 games in row and looked like going through a transitional period after their success of 2008 when they had a rookie halves combo in Foran and DCE lead them to a premiership in the same year DCE debuted so 3 losses in a row with an inexperienced halves pairing isn’t catastrophic. Also I clearly remember where I was when the Broncos lost 56-0 in 2009 down in Canberra and had to win 4 of their last 5 to make the finals. They ended up winning all 5 and made it to Week 3 of the finals where they were beaten by a more experience Melbourne Storm side that was $1 million over the cap. I remember thinking at the time, when I get the opportunity to be a head coach in a decades time, this is all part of the process. This is just the rough patch of the journey and at the moment it is a bit bumpy, but history dictates that we are on the right track in our journey. We aren’t burning the boats yet”

I still feel for Niu if he has been punted. He tried really hard and looked good and after the horror of last week, give him another shot. His debut was a nightmare, give him a chance to get over that as quick as possible. If he is out, this is not good coaching, sorry.
I don't think its a reflection on him, more that he doesn't really serve a purpose for us off the Bench. He'll be back though, give it time.

It’s imperative the broncos score first. If manly get to a 10-0 head start early it’s gonna be a long night. The boys are fragile right now and I their heads are dropping pretty easily.
That's true of basically all sides to be fair. Only 2 games in the last 2 weeks have been won by a team that didn't score first. I actually think they were also the only two games where the lead changed at any point if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Does this club have any leadership at all? We have not used the captains challenge for all 4 games.

I take your point, we should use them more, but we did use it once against the Roosters
Near the end so the result didn't mater, but we lost the challenge

It’s imperative the broncos score first. If manly get to a 10-0 head start early it’s gonna be a long night. The boys are fragile right now and I their heads are dropping pretty easily.
Would have to score first and score plenty against a side that has us covered in all facets. They may score first somehow but won't score plenty. Manly headed for an easy win.

I think there will be a bit of a bounce back factor and we will start the game with a bit more hunger and be at least more competitive than last week. This game will be closer than many think.

Manly 44 - Broncos 6

If that’s your idea of a close game I would hate to see a flogging.

If that’s your idea of a close game I would hate to see a flogging.
Think it was tongue in cheek...
[automerge]1591677442[/automerge]

Seibold: “Look guys, I know it all seems doom and gloom but back in 2011, Manly lost 3 games in row and looked like going through a transitional period after their success of 2008 when they had a rookie halves combo in Foran and DCE lead them to a premiership in the same year DCE debuted so 3 losses in a row with an inexperienced halves pairing isn’t catastrophic. Also I clearly remember where I was when the Broncos lost 56-0 in 2009 down in Canberra and had to win 4 of their last 5 to make the finals. They ended up winning all 5 and made it to Week 3 of the finals where they were beaten by a more experience Melbourne Storm side that was $1 million over the cap. I remember thinking at the time, when I get the opportunity to be a head coach in a decades time, this is all part of the process. This is just the rough patch of the journey and at the moment it is a bit bumpy, but history dictates that we are on the right track in our journey. We aren’t burning the boats yet”
I haven’t completely given up on Seibold yet, but there’s no need to write his presser for him... 😂
[automerge]1591677488[/automerge]
I think there will be a bit of a bounce back factor and we will start the game with a bit more hunger and be at least more competitive than last week. This game will be closer than many think.

Manly 44 - Broncos 6
Three penalty goals then?

Last edited:
anything less than 59 points???

59 - 0 was more than a flogging.
I am realistic enough to know we can’t win on Thursday night but hopefully we won’t get flogged. Let’s say we go down by no more than 20 pts.

I've never felt this low going into a game probably ever. Knowing we've lost on Tuesday afternoon fucking sucks.

That's true of basically all sides to be fair. Only 2 games in the last 2 weeks have been won by a team that didn't score first. I actually think they were also the only two games where the lead changed at any point if I'm not mistaken.

If that's true, that's fucking diabolical. What an even comp they've created.

It's a very small sample size to draw meaningful conclusions from.
Definitely. It’s something to keep an eye on though. Concerning trend.

Watch short kick offs become the most important skill in the NRL. Walker brothers stand up.

Last edited:

Emailed to the club.
EA81873A 2F3F 4902 8EAF E71050978029

Think it was tongue in cheek...
[automerge]1591677442[/automerge]

I haven’t completely given up on Seibold yet, but there’s no need to write his presser for him... [emoji23]
[automerge]1591677488[/automerge]

Three penalty goals then?

Nah, I’m predicting it’ll be 44-0 and we will score a sympathy try in the 77th minute when a member of the backline finally manages to hang onto a Croft grubbed into the in goal. Under the posts with Isaako to convert from in front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Rah88
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncorob
  • the_next
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • MrMoore
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.