Yeah, FoxSports definitely out here holding a grudge 😂
Screenshot 20200612 112247 Instagram

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It's been done but I am procrastinating and don't want to do my next job at work.

1. Isaako - I thought he was really good in some parts of his game, average in others. Symptomatic of the team I suppose. He returns the ball well and he is solid as a rock under the high ball. He is a phenomenal goal kicker and doing drop-outs. Unfortunately, he offers zero in attack. He doesn't ball play or support run. I don't understand why they don't get him to do the booming clearing kicks, he has the biggest boot in the team - 7
2. Coates - Look, he still has some defensive issues obviously but man, the talent is through the roof AND he loves this team. He is going to be something special, stick with him. He will have some bad games and even some bad halves but he is an absolute weapon and this is something this side is so short on at the moment. I've never seen such a mix of freakish catching ability AND strength, not since JYY at least. I repeat, stick with him - 7
3. Staggs - This kid is almost like two players in one, an absolute gun in attack. He can do things with the ball no other kid in the game can with the exception of Best in Newcastle. He has that ability to just keep going and somehow popping out the other side but his defense is woeful. He needs a settled second-rower inside him, hopefully the return of Glenn and TPJ help with that - 7
4. Boyd - I am not going to lie, he was ok and for him these days, that is elite level. I really thought he was going to bomb that try but he didn't, so kudos to him. He should have had a double but anyways. His defense is still porridge. He is supposed to be a good communicator, well what we're told anyway. He earns a week respite from well warranted criticism simply because the coach won't listen anyway - 5
5. Farnworth - I was super impressed, seriously. I think he is the most well-rounded player in the backline and he is a gun just crying out for a better centre to do something with him AND he stays on his wing! He runs with venom and he is just so calm. He is a weapon that is being shackled by the guys supposed to be feeding him, imagine what he could do with good halves and a good centre - 8
6. Milford - He finally tried to do something but so little and almost way too late. I just kept shaking my head the longer the game went on thinking why is Croft do EVERYTHING? He is supposed to be match-winner right? Hard to do it with just two touches in the final minutes when the game is on the line. Look at JT, when his team's were on the attack, he was touching the ball every tackle of the set, Milf is lucky to do it once. You want to get paid the big bucks, your supporters shouldn't be getting excited that you almost did something once a season. He was better in defense - 6
7. Croft - He had a mixed bag all night, did some things well and some things average but one thing I won't fault him for is going missing, he isn't on the same level as Milford, at least he shouldn't be, but he is getting in there and trying his guts out while his halves partner hangs out the back doing zip, I feel sorry for him in a way - 5
8. Lodge - He tries to fire his team up constantly and I love his passion, goodness me the rest of the team could learn something from it but his defense is a worry. He constantly goes high and the runner makes post-contact metres, go low son and cut them down. Still, he tries his guts out every game and I love it - 7
9. Paix - He started poorly, his passing was Macca-esque but he got a LOT better the longer the game went along. He could become something you know, I was more and more impressed the longer he went out there. He might usurp Turpin, you never know but it won't be for a while. I still feel he's got a bit in the kitbag that he hasn't shown yet and that is exciting - 7
10. Haas - He lifted and everyone around him lifted too. He is always great but he was again last night. He needs a break though, I fear his workload will break him. His pick up of the kick through late in the game was fantastic game awareness. Everyone knows how good he is but how good will he become? - 9
11. Oates - I was a big fan of what he produced last night. He defended really well for the most part in a pretty unfamiliar position, at least in recent years and he ran good lines in attack. The fact DCE was totally fooled by his run AND had to jump to tackle him while Oates was trying to run away was the perfect line, just a shame the video ref is an idiot, symptomatic of all video refs it seems. He was good - 7
12. Joffa - Ah boy, what do you do with him? He doesn't do much off the bench, he doesn't do much starting and as the cavalry returns, he just doesn't look like having a place in this side. In a night of decent performances, he was once again average - 4
13. Carrigan - What a leader he is already. He just keeps going and going and going. He did everything he could to lift his team last night once again. Every time he was about to do something special, he seemed to get unfairly penalised, I was getting really annoyed at that. He runs so well and tackles so much, I love what this kid offers - 8

14. Niu - He was sent into the game WAY too late to make a difference, poor use of the bench coach, very hard to rate because he just wasn't out there much - 3
15. Teo - He wasn't given much time to do anything but he will be better for the run next week, again poor bench usage, he could have been useful had he gone out there earlier - 4
16. Kennedy - I thought he was really good when he was on but he wasn't on long enough. I really like this guy. He doesn't make the side at full strength but he is more than handy as a back up - 6
17. Flegler - He tried really hard but he is starting to show signs of fatigue. With two of the cavalry back next week, it would be beneficial to give him a rest - 5

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Please tell me more about the referee not influencing the outcome of the game...

Stats for first half, with reasonably equal possession and despite the ref:

Stats for second half, completely influenced by the refs and compounded by an almost flawless Manly team:

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I don't think his bench use is borderline, it IS pathetic, it is like watching the Hook years all over again. I actually think the coach is doing a lot of things right but his rigidity in game and sticking to pre-conceived ideas is killing the kids out there, they need breaks they aren't getting. For example, just because Haas can play 80 and play 80 well does not mean he should be week-in, week-out.

This is what really worries me. I called it his arrogance elsewhere. Arrogant coaches fail, along with the teams they coach, if they can't and won't adapt to the reality, to the bleeding obvious, namely that what you are doing isn't working and changes are needed to your coaching methods and their outcomes, measured by on-field results.

I reckon Seibold has 4 weeks or so to show his methods work or not

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Personally I think Its time for the club and White to start standing up for itself against the NRL, its time for the club to call out the bullcrap that the NRL keep dishing out.

I'm done with the bullcrap TV scheduling, I'm done with the bullcrap fixture draws. I'm done with bullcrap match review/judiciary and I'm done the bullcrap refereeing.

I'm also done with the broadcasters and media (who make their living off us) dishing out lies and crapping on the club and game every second they can.

The club just cop it on the chin and say nothing so the NRL (and Fox) just keep dishing it out.

There comes a time when you need to call out the bullcrap and stand up for yourself to get a fair go.

They take the Broncos for granted, the club props up their Thursday night and Friday Night Broadcast numbers and broadcast dollars, without the Broncos and Queensland bringing money to the NRL all the Sydney clubs would be in a bigger financial hole than they already are.

Its time for White to push back and stop the club being bent over and reamed by the NRL.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Its time for White to push back and stop the club being bent over and reamed by the NRL.
Not gonna happen. White is collecting one more paycheck then abandoning the ship he put all the leaks in.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Cop the $10g and go all-in I say. That was pathetic.
I just watched Boyd's disallowed try and DCEs allowed try.
Boyd's was more legit than the latter. Croft never took his eyes off the ballplayer. Yet the video ref said he made a bad read in defense. The defender ran straight into him and took him out. You can't make a read on a guy if you're not looking at him.
So frustrated with tonight's refereeing, as well as the bunker. The bunker guy needs to get stepped down. His decision making was cavalier at best. I'd say he cheated - it's called cognitive bias, so he might not be aware he did.
Totally agree ,Croft eyes were not on the decoy,he didn't get a chance to make a defensive decision. Thompson ran into him. shocking call from the video.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Not gonna happen. White is collecting one more paycheck then abandoning the ship he put all the leaks in.

But it needs to, its all about self respect, if White can't do it then we need to find somebody who will.

*Edit* if the players know the club has their backs then they are more likely to give it everything on the field. I think this is part of the problem, the club isn't standing up for the players.

Last edited:
Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
The worst thing was the video ref only took one look at either incident before confidently declaring his decision. A sign his mind was already made up before even checking.
100% it was a forgone conclusion

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Anyone else still incredibly pissed at last nights game? I am about to punch someone here
After sleeping on it I feel like I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t have much left to give this game. More often than not it takes up almost my entire weekend 30 times throughout a year. There is an obvious bias against the club I love and have spent thousands of dollars on and if the club doesn’t give a shit about changing that bias then why should I? They continue to bring in rules to hinder the Broncos and the Broncos alone, on and off the field and even when we abide by the rules we get fucked over.

Super League should have won

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
After sleeping on it I feel like I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t have much left to give this game. More often than not it takes up almost my entire weekend 30 times throughout a year. There is an obvious bias against the club I love and have spent thousands of dollars on and if the club doesn’t give a shit about changing that bias then why should I? They continue to bring in rules to hinder the Broncos and the Broncos alone, on and off the field and even when we abide by the rules we get fucked over.

Super League should have won

IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
Just watched the highlights. Looks like it's the same dumb footy team though, defensive errors, missed chance to claim an important captains challenge with the shoulder charge (assuming you can actually do that), all mixed in with some top individual performances, Coates looks like he has to stay in the team.

All fits nicely with my prediction pre-season that they were a team that is going to challenge for 8th place perhaps but not much more than that. Having expectations higher than this appears to be a recipe for disappointment in 2020. I think the lack of a consistent match winner sets them apart from any pretension of being a top 4 team, looks like all of their candidates for consistent match winners are coming from the younger players also.

B

Bronco Billy

Sep 16, 2019
Agreed that the refs def wanted manly to win, but **** we are just seriously dumb in ALOT of situations that dearly cost us.
Staggs, Carrigan, Coates and lodge all came up with stupid, stupid plays which all lead to penalties that just screwed us up massively.
Yes all they do is pass the ball from the dummy half to the 1st receiver and run straight into the pack, one up and then rely on the kick. ****, pass the ball.
[automerge]1591938417[/automerge]
Jesus you just have been watching a completely different game to me

Last edited:
Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
I’m still super salty over last night guys and gals. I don’t think I’ll watch any other teams play the nrl don’t deserve my viewership.

Unread

Active Now

• EdwardyoNuh
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dee
  • Battler
  • Kev_Guz
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosAlways
  • Strop
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.