PRE-GAME Round 5 - Titans vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

[MENTION=8300]FaithinHook[/MENTION] did you just use "speed to burn" and "Maranta" in the same sentance... :laugh:

You have a great sense of humor.

Not a must win, but there will be much more difficult games to come and putting these guys away will give us a few more safe points in the bag for later in the season.

If we play as well as we did versus Warriors, we should eat the Titans alive.

Hunt is really going after his opposite number in attack and defence. He's a real competitor - I love it. Kayne Elgey will have a battle on his hands.

Copely back this week yisss.

Hmmm subs, I think every game is a must-win for us if this season is going to be more than just us watching the making of Milford into the next Lockyer.

I'm wary of any team with a roster which includes Nate Myles and Greg Bird, and I thought Sezer played very well vrs (sic) Sharks. Then there's Dave Taylor who can win a game as much as lose one.

All things being equal I would be very disappointed if we lost this one, but I don't think it will be at all easy.

Just hope if Blair is out they replace him with Garbutt not tackling bag Dodds. Dodds actually losers meters on hit ups.

Just hope if Blair is out they replace him with Garbutt not tackling bag Dodds. Dodds actually losers meters on hit ups.

Dodds played quite well for Wynnum. Was good defensively too.

Garbutt played 80min. No particularly memorable runs as he didn't seem to reach top gear before they were on him but he did manage a several offloads.

We've seen Dodds have a crack so I want to see Garbutt out there too but I'm not so keen to write off Dodds just yet.
I'm guilty of writing off Wallace last year but this year he has been pretty great. Still one or two errors in him but he has made up for those.

I think this could be a close game. The Titans will be up for this one more than the Cowboys. Copley needs to come into the centres and ideally he needs to have an absolute blinder - make it impossible for the coach to leave him out. I'd like to see us get our second half starts in order. Looking forward to the game.

On Paper , not that much between the two teams. Let's not get overconfident , we still are far from a slick outfit. I have been moderately impressed by Milf , but this week I am hoping some bone fide line breaks. One worrying sign last week was the slowness of our defensive line speed and only average kick chase. But I have confidence in WB to extract near maximum effort from the boys and to get over the line in a close one. We need to improve our bombs and bomb contesting.

Dodds runs were actually very damaging in the back end of 2012/13 (can't remember which).
If he could re capture that form I'd have him there instead of Blair.
So don't write him off yet. We were actually shaping up as one of the best packs in the game that year with Hannant also in form at the time.

I heard a rumour (on reddit, so take it with a grain of salt) that the game could be moved to Suncorp. It probably won't eventuate, but it would be great if it did!

On Paper , not that much between the two teams. Let's not get overconfident , we still are far from a slick outfit. I have been moderately impressed by Milf , but this week I am hoping some bone fide line breaks. One worrying sign last week was the slowness of our defensive line speed and only average kick chase. But I have confidence in WB to extract near maximum effort from the boys and to get over the line in a close one. We need to improve our bombs and bomb contesting.

This has killed us for so many years

BRONCOS NRL TEAM

1. Jordan Kahu
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker ©

Interchange:
14. Jarrod Wallace
15. Mitch Garbutt
16. Mitchell Dodds
17. Kodi Nikorima
18. Francis Molo

thaiday starting prop. very surprised.

i better not open this thread for the next 48 hours

Last edited:
As much as I wish we didn't have the injuries I'm excited to see Garbutt play. Is Jofa injured or is Bennette just trying a new rotation?

Not a fan of Thaiday at prop, would've MUCH preferred starting Wallace.

Good to see Garbutt/Molo get a crack, let's hope they have a blinder.

I heard a rumour (on reddit, so take it with a grain of salt) that the game could be moved to Suncorp. It probably won't eventuate, but it would be great if it did!

Did it say why?

Blair is also a possibility of being a late inclusion so that would push Thaiday back to the bench in place of Garbutt/Dodds.

Thaiday at 10 made me cringe but the more I think about it, the more I like it.

Ever since he got 'demoted' to the bench, Thaiday has been one of our better players and responded very well. By giving him his spot back, Wayne is challenging Thaiday to maintain it, earn his spot and convince him that he's worthy of retiring at the club.

Plus, he offers more than Wallace with the ball. As far as ball-playing forwards go, Thaiday is the better option.

I'm excited to see Garbutt play and I'm fine with Ofahengaue seemingly going back a level. I feel like he was only given these games to get a taste and it wasn't like he was killing it out there either.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • The Strapper
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • mitch222
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Financeguy
  • teampjta
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.