Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

How does Cleary's judo move on Walters, and Hetherington's hair pull on Luai result in the same charge at the judiciary? Now if the roles were reversed and one of our players did the exact same move to Cleary, the NRL would probably walk them out in handcuffs.

Also, why does Hetherington even cop a fine? Luke Keary pulled a huge chunk of hair out of Felise Kaufusi's afro a few years back and he didn't even get charged. Kaufusi's hair never recovered from that.

Bit puzzled by your take on our go forward from the bench?
James was horrible but Kennedy provided good go forward and good defence.

I'm not usually a Kennedy basher, but i thought that was one of the worst games i've seen him play for Brisbane. I thought our entire bench was poor if i'm honest. Robati and James offered even less than Kennedy

That's the third time in the past 4 games we've conceded a try just before halftime, which then seems to carry over into the second half (conceded 28 in the second half vs Panthers, 24 vs Roosters, 24 vs Cowboys). We also conceded just after halftime vs Roosters and Cowboys.

That's the third time in the past 4 games we've conceded a try just before halftime, which then seems to carry over into the second half (conceded 28 in the second half vs Panthers, 24 vs Roosters, 24 vs Cowboys). We also conceded just after halftime vs Roosters and Cowboys.
Like clockwork

I'm not usually a Kennedy basher, but i thought that was one of the worst games i've seen him play for Brisbane. I thought our entire bench was poor if i'm honest. Robati and James offered even less than Kennedy
Yeah, he’s useless.

I actually don’t think there is room in the team for both Haas and Carrigan and at half the price I know which one I’d choose. I’d also happily jettison Flegler too. Then spend 700k on an older talented prop who brings aggression to our pack. Would spend the change in the spine.

I think we can carry both but not them playing the way we use them. They are both capable of playing long stints, but i think its detrimental to both their games and our game. I'd have to put some thought into it, but our whole prop rotation needs some big work. I'm struggling to work out how we use Pat from the bench effectively. A better footy mind than mine should be able to fit in a forward rotation of Haas, Carrigan, Palasia, Flegler, Hetherington and Jensen, which are who i believe to be our best options.

So they've played the same since they were six but Kevvie made them do it. Cool.

Well if I were Kevin and I instructed Jake to run every time there is one marker .
Which seems to be when opposition teams run from from DH .
And he didn`t , I would remind him twice . Then sack him . And explain to his replacement why Jake is playing Qld Cup this week .

But ,,, I`m not Kevin or an NRL coach .

Hethrington also charged. Grade 1 contrary conduct. $1000 - $1500 fine

Ah, NRL, never change.

All this talk about the salary cap needing to be adjusted. But when you play for one team and get charged by the judiciary for a hair pull, and if you play for another team you can deliberately try to break player's knees twice in a game for no charge, it's not just the salary cap that needs a look at.

With the continual comparison between Turpin and Paix, i think we have to face the fact that they are both useless. Both are slow as a wet week and neither have any deceptiveness with their ball playing abilities.
With Reyno also being slow,we desperately need speed in the 6 and 9 positions to give the opposition something to worry about.
I know defence wins games but we really need to score lots more points to put opposition teams under pressure. And as we know, the more pressure they're under the more mistakes they make. We may even start to get some 50/50 calls to start going our way.
I'm starting to lose my confidence in Kev, even though I'm trying hard to give him the benefit of the doubt . The whole team needs a rocket under them, to be honest as they just don't seem to be getting any smarter.
You'd have to say they're as dumb as dog shit, except that's probably an insult to dog shit..

Which one 😄
Well James looks like highly professional but ineffective player and Kennedy is a somewhat effective but completely amateurish player.

Neither are ideal but I still think James makes those around him better.

I think we can carry both but not them playing the way we use them. They are both capable of playing long stints, but i think its detrimental to both their games and our game. I'd have to put some thought into it, but our whole prop rotation needs some big work. I'm struggling to work out how we use Pat from the bench effectively. A better footy mind than mine should be able to fit in a forward rotation of Haas, Carrigan, Palasia, Flegler, Hetherington and Jensen, which are who i believe to be our best options.
Not saying we can’t, saying we shouldn’t as far as using our cap in a balanced way across the squad goes.

Not really because he's always played like that. Dolphins 2018 ran 28 times in 14 games. Gant was 122 times in 18 games.

It's not just about 'running' but being a threat out of dummy half gives time and space to everyone else- markers can't go- A defenders are held up- if you won't run at all then everyone just piles on your half back and flogs him.

I hope this doesnt sound patronising to others on here as its not meant to be, but people that havent seen some of these players playing in Qcup havent really had a good picture of them. I've been saying exactly what Turpin would do for us and its happened. People just wanted something different to Macca because they were sick of him, and we ended up with a lower quality version in the end.

He is like Isaako in some ways, he is basically doing the same things he did in ISC in first grade and their games havent evolved enough.

Well James looks like highly professional but ineffective player and Kennedy is a somewhat effective but completely amateurish player.

Neither are ideal but I still think James makes those around him better.

I actually think James impact has been diminishing on the other blokes in game.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MrRobot
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.