Round 6 - Broncos vs Panthers

Very proud Broncos fan tonight. Lots to build off from this game. The intent was there on both sides of the pill. Especially happy with the defensive efforts. Croft was very good tonight and really just did what he needed to do. We looked more organized then we have in the last 18 months , and the forwards showed how devastating they can be when invested. Hopefully Dearden and Croft can improve on their combo as it does looks promising.

When you look at who we have out injured, there is an upward trajectory for us if Kev can make this a positive for the lads. The boys should be happy, its a loss but the Panthers knew they were in a game tonight. We rattled their cage and if it wasn't for a few silly things like Isaako's dumb ass play kicking on the first we could have snagged it.

TPJ, Hass and Lodge were immense, Kev had his trigger finger down perfect with the bench rotation this week apart from keeping Glenn out there a tad long. Oats needs to keep his spot somehow. His returns are so valuable for our forwards. He saved a couple of tries also from pure desperation and that shows he is invested. Kennar or Mead will drop out for Farnsworth I think.

I really believe that keeping it simple and making defense the corner stone of our team will push us in the right direction.

I WAS and his defence at times was stella.
Unnamed

He is no longer first grade standard. Put Riki on the left edge. Glenn is quickly turning himself into the Boyd of 2020.
No way. Glenn isn’t great but he was decent and caused a couple of the panthers errors. Being at the game you see he does do a fair bit.
I would be putting Karmichael Hunt in at 6 or at least on the bench and when Dearden shits the bed again and doesn’t fire a shot in attack we put Hunt in

FFS channel 9 enough already of Jarome ‘Michael Jackson’ Luai and the boy band

They did that last week and he gave up on the play which resulted in an arm grab on Gagai as he scored that try
Gagai didn't score against us?

I'm not saying Riki is perfect, he is still definitely a work in progress. But Glenn is cooked, the only time you notice him do anything is when he ***** up,

I'm not saying Riki is perfect, he is still definitely a work in progress. But Glenn is cooked, the only time you notice him do anything is when he ***** up,
He did the big hit causing Staines to knock on

No way. Glenn isn’t great but he was decent and caused a couple of the panthers errors. Being at the game you see he does do a fair bit.
I would be putting Karmichael Hunt in at 6 or at least on the bench and when Dearden shits the bed again and doesn’t fire a shot in attack we put Hunt in
Hunt should play centre until Staggs is back. Mead and Kennar are barely first grade standard in their preferred position.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. We had plenty of effort.

Our execution was still shithouse... Why are we so happy with one area of a game when another area is just as bad as usual?
Exactly this. We defended well but our halves are bad. Croft was decent but Dearden literally did nothing at all, except miss tackles. Put Karmichael Hunt in

Turpin topped the tackle count again with 53. His work rate was astonishing out there. His service was excellent too, but I wish he'd add another dimension to his attack. Maybe he's too buggered from tackling forwards.

Thought he was a little slow sometimes when we were getting a bit of a roll on. Needs to challenge the try line himself a few times a game as well.

It has that air of Round 23 2006 vs. Melbourne where Brisbane out-played Melbourne for the majority but just let the game slip away. As mitch222 said, it's how they back up that's important but that was the best performance I've seen from the Broncos since Round 2 2020.

The forwards were immense but as Cult3 and others have pointed out, it was the halves who also made life difficult for the Panthers. There were no soft targets, the Broncos were constantly pushing and while I wouldn't say their defensive structures were great they made up for it with their effort. The thing with the halves is that they weren't just making their targets, they were coming up with some great tackles.

I just think when they had their opportunities the playmakers didn't take onus and really challenge the Panthers defensive line and some of the options were just poor. Isaako in particular was constantly out of position and was easily marked by the Panthers defence. His kick on tackle two was brain dead and he was just way too close to Pangai when Tevita popped the offload. I hated that second man play to Brodie Croft, another just brain dead play and close to the line they need to put Carrigan on decoy duty because that isn't his speciality. He absolutely killed one of those sets late with a nothing settler. I hated that late field goal attempt as well, just keep the pressure on, Penrith were in all sorts.

It probably sounds like I'm down on the players but there was a lot to like and we finally saw some signs of life.

I totally get where you are coming from but it was the first game together for this spine, they'll get better you'd hope. A very good foundation to build on.

The other thing to note about this performance is Penrith were really good and we took it to them, in fact for most of the game, were the better team. This needs to be the new minimum now.

Whoever ended up scoring, it was Gagai stepped in field and if Riki hadn't given up on the play he makes the tackle

So proud of that from the boys and they were the better team. Without the help of the refs the Panthers don’t win, and I’m deadly serious when I say that.

I wish nothing but bad luck against the Panthers and all of their players, I have not seen a more grubby and arrogant bunch of fuckheads that have achieved nothing.
Couldn't believe in the opening minutes when the Panthers chaser took Deardens head off. Crowd calling it; the replay calling it and the ref just looked the other way...

Whoever ended up scoring, it was Gagai stepped in field and if Riki hadn't given up on the play he makes the tackle
Yeah he missed a bad one when they scored up the guts, I can't recall who scored, possibly Reynolds. But I'm not saying Riki is perfect, but he is better than Glenn and needs the experience.

KW wasn't as impressed by Croft as some of us. He was happy with him but not over the moon happy. I think he must rate Croft and did say so before the season started.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Thelmus
  • Fozz
  • Porthoz
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
  • mieko
  • levikaden
  • Old Mate
  • teampjta
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.