Round 6 - Broncos vs Panthers

Yes, he is still just a kid, however, when I watched Walker last week, there's something he has at 18 that Dearden at 20, with a lot more experience doesn't, and that's composure, and seeing opportunities before they form, and then taking them. However, the Rorters are a different proposition to us, so I will cut him some slack until our side learns to work together a lot better in attack. I don't think at this stage that Dearden deserves some of the hype he is getting.
Yes what you’re really saying is that Walker appears to have time to make decisions. This is a sign of a good player.

Would have been unreal to see someone ie Paix come off the bench for Turpin last night when their middle was tired.
Kev did well with the bench rotation last night, but I just don’t think Turpin is up for 80mins every week.
Paix would have been that Niko style sub which we had in 2015 and also another playmaking option.
I think it’s be worth looking into..

Croft was excellent in defence last night. Makes me think he’d be worth developing as a hooker. Obviously, not as strong as Turpin in defence, as Turpin made some monster hits, but he has playmaking vision that Turpin lacks and a far better kicking game.
Seems to be an integral part of the club - trying to turn halfbacks into hookers.

Was so proud of that team last night. All you could do was stand and applaud. Hopefully, we will look back at this game in twelve or eighteen months as the moment the tables turned.

I’m happy for Dearden to start taking a few more of those calls from the cowboys. There’s definitely a lack of good 7’s in the game and Deardens manager will prey on that no doubt, anything over $300k and 2 years is overs for him atm until he’s shown more.
Totally agree, and if Staggs is moving to 5/8 next year, then keep Brodie and move him to 7 if we can’t buy a half

I just think we throw the majority of milfords money at Adam Reynolds. 2 year deal with a mutual third year. Hell, even a player option at a reduced amount id be happy with. If we had his kicking game last night we win, because we beat panthers in basically every other aspect other than the halves last night.

Finally, after how many years it felt like, 80 minutes of effort. As a supporter, its the least you can ask of your team, and tonight we got it.

Execution; umm, not quite...

Why does Coates continue to insist on charging in off his wing when defending our line? Why...???.....stay outside your centre and slide across. Its been weeks now that he has been in the team and he still does this. Is this a failure of coaching? Is it him?

I know this, it has cost us numerous tries conceded. He needs ISC time to refine his game but considering the fact we are trying to get him signed up, thats probably not going to happen...

Our edge defence is still not great...

It cant all be Milfs fault can it....can it? Its like everyone walked on that field tonight and realised it was 13 v 13. They no longer had to carry someone in defence and attack. Dunno, but something changed last night. Is it a one off..?

We need to find/sign a proper 14 for our bench. Turps is gunna break otherwise and then what do we have...?

You blokes digging it in to Dearden have no sense of reality, you just see young Sam Walker who walks into a team that been a top 4 side for the past 4-5 seasons and base your comparisons on that, that Roosters side even with their injuries is still a top 4 side.

He's a kid playing in a team that couldn't beat an egg last year, 2 weeks ago Croft deserved to be in QLD Cup and now based on 1 performance (of which he barely received any good ball in good ball area), it's Tommy's turn. It takes time, every gun half in the comp needs time to develop, it never happens immediately.

I guarantee Sam Walker will go through a patch himself, probably next week after he gets belted up in defense tonight and the coach decides they need a bigger body.

Finally, after how many years it felt like, 80 minutes of effort. As a supporter, its the least you can ask of your team, and tonight we got it.

Execution; umm, not quite...

Why does Coates continue to insist on charging in off his wing when defending our line? Why...???.....stay outside your centre and slide across. Its been weeks now that he has been in the team and he still does this. Is this a failure of coaching? Is it him?

I know this, it has cost us numerous tries conceded. He needs ISC time to refine his game but considering the fact we are trying to get him signed up, thats probably not going to happen...

Our edge defence is still not great...

It cant all be Milfs fault can it....can it? Its like everyone walked on that field tonight and realised it was 13 v 13. They no longer had to carry someone in defence and attack. Dunno, but something changed last night. Is it a one off..?

We need to find/sign a proper 14 for our bench. Turps is gunna break otherwise and then what do we have...?
Maybe it wasn’t the fact that Milford wasn’t there, it was the fact that if the guy earning $1M a year can be dropped, I could be dropped too. I love how Lodge backed up what he said in the press also. It also helped that Kevvie rotated Haas, Lodge & Carrigan last night so they could be effective while they were out in the field.

Game changer was Coates being caught out with the 40 20.
That allowed them to get out of their half to be in that position.
For me it was the Isaako grubber when we had lots of tackles left.

Cleary then hoofs it into our corner, we have to retreat a long way to behind the play the ball, then he goes for the 40/20 and that was it

And it exposed the difference between their and our kicking game. For mine, that was the most important difference between the 2 sides. If we are going to compete with the very best, our kicking game just has to improve. Mind you the kick chase was so refreshing to see. That's a great start.
This is where I hope hunt will improve us

For me it was the Isaako grubber when we had lots of tackles left.

Cleary then hoofs it into our corner, we have to retreat a long way to behind the play the ball, then he goes for the 40/20 and that was it
Isaako kills the play at fullback and makes to many errors. I think he could be a good centre but that kick and other decisions he made were not good. He should just be a runner not a ball playing fullback. Centre would be a good fit

I just think we throw the majority of milfords money at Adam Reynolds. 2 year deal with a mutual third year. Hell, even a player option at a reduced amount id be happy with. If we had his kicking game last night we win, because we beat panthers in basically every other aspect other than the halves last night.
Reynolds is only looking to put his price up. He will stay with souths or go to another Sydney team

Good idea, so then after a year he can phone it in and we have 1-2 years of a player that doesn't give a shit about the club and is on a massive salary, yeah.. nah.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.