Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I really hope hodges and Blair are fine to play, because I can't see us winning without hodges at the back putting that last pass in to score. When he came off at the warriors game, we had no offence. And even though the titans game we score points, any team can score 20+ against the titans. That's why I think Boyd will be one of the best signings in the last decade. Taking the pressure off hunt and milf. And We need Blair to add mongrel to put pack.

I want niggle all game long! Look how the sharks did it, that's how they one. And we have a way better forward pack than the sharks. So we stop them upfront, we stop Pearce and RTS. Simples as that! Cannot wait for the game!

I think Maloney's 9 missed tackles also has a lot to do with it. It's clear they targeted him, however it's not just as simple as running at him all the time. I didn't see the game so it would be interesting to see the Sharks' plan, whether it was running at Maloney with support either side (to keep the tacklers beside Maloney in two minds) in order to isolate him? And I'm sure I asked before, but is he on the same side as Guerra? Or when Guerra went off did Cordner switch sides? In any case, I have a feeling Guerra's absence is related, so hopefully they have the same deficiencies that we can take advantage of this week.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Thaiday burnt Maloney a couple of years ago in origin and ran over him multiple times. Hopefully he can repeat the dose this week

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
I really hope hodges and Blair are fine to play, because I can't see us winning without hodges at the back putting that last pass in to score. When he came off at the warriors game, we had no offence. And even though the titans game we score points, any team can score 20+ against the titans. That's why I think Boyd will be one of the best signings in the last decade. Taking the pressure off hunt and milf. And We need Blair to add mongrel to put pack.

I want niggle all game long! Look how the sharks did it, that's how they one. And we have a way better forward pack than the sharks. So we stop them upfront, we stop Pearce and RTS. Simples as that! Cannot wait for the game!

Yeah McGuire and Parker need to show the way and get their big boys going backwards. Hopefully Wallace has another blinder. If Thaiday lifts as well then our engine room is looking pretty sweet (and then you add Blair for a bit of mongrel and youth with Ofenhengaue) and we are looking the goods up front.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Yeah McGuire and Parker need to show the way and get their big boys going backwards. Hopefully Wallace has another blinder. If Thaiday lifts as well then our engine room is looking pretty sweet (and then you add Blair for a bit of mongrel and youth with Ofenhengaue) and we are looking the goods up front.

Offa isnt named this week but Dodds and Garbutt will hopefully have a good showing. Certainly add the size we've been lacking for a while now.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Hodges and Blair failed their fitness tests and are officially ruled out for the weekend
Apparently Blair still hasn't been able to run on his corked thigh

They were never playing, McGuire had a quick test today.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Offa isnt named this week but Dodds and Garbutt will hopefully have a good showing. Certainly add the size we've been lacking for a while now.

He's named in the 20's; will be there for another two weeks.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It's going to be tough without Hodges and Blair.

He's been something of a quiet achiever Blair and while he hasn't been playing his best football, it was pretty obvious that on Friday night we missed him. Wallace has started the season on fire and has really been pushing Kahu for most improved but he seemed over-awed and quite frankly I don't think we can afford that type of start against the Roosters if we're to win.

With the potential that Jake Friend may return, I'd really love to see McCullough continue his streak of form and go to another level. It was only back in 2012 where he had the better of Friend and while a lot has changed since then, this could be a great opportunity to rectify that.

Just wanted to turn this to you guys - should Jarrod Wallace receive another crack in the starting side? And if not, who should get the shot?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I wouldn't be against starting Dodds and just go back to using Wallace as impact off the bench, Dodds seems more suited to longer minutes I think.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
There is no black or white rule in regards to 2 parties coming together for a contract discussion. If both parties agree to break/end early the contract then there is no need to top up for next year as the contract is now void.
Going to another NRL club was never in the discussion.

Regardless, i think it was pretty obvious the Warriors were never footing any bill for Tomkins next year.
Sorry, I was talking about the NRL cap rules, where who wants to break the contract has no relevance. Both parties obviously need to agree, but the original contract value and time frame stands regardless of which NRL club the player goes to.

In this case, with the player returning to England, it's of course a moot point.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I wouldn't be against starting Dodds and just go back to using Wallace as impact off the bench, Dodds seems more suited to longer minutes I think.
Yes, I would say Dodds would be more suited to withstand the initial onslaught, as he is a hard hitter in defense, and leave both Thaiday and Wallace for more impact down the track...

If Jake Friend makes it, he will be lacking game rhythm, which may play in our favour as well.
It's still going to be a tough opponent, but I would've loved to see the team tested by their best side, to effectively measure where we are at currently...

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Don't worry, they are showing the Broncos game first in Newcastle.

Well, that's what my dad told me. He is in Newcastle and he said the TV Guide has the Broncos game first.

Mate, let your old man know that for the whole week, KOFM have been claiming that their radio commentary of the Knights match on Friday is the ONLY place to catch it live. I've just checked the TV guide on NBN's website again, and it's still saying the Broncos game live!

Looking good. :D

H

HVbronco

NYC Player
Oct 30, 2013
Mate, let your old man know that for the whole week, KOFM have been claiming that their radio commentary of the Knights match on Friday is the ONLY place to catch it live. I've just checked the TV guide on NBN's website again, and it's still saying the Broncos game live!

Looking good. :D

Thank god. A mate of mine who is a knights fan keeps going on that the Knights will be live as NBN always show their games live.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
For mine, Thaiday's passing game could play an important part in us winning this game. He is certainly not going to do much damage up the middle. The sooner and more often the ball gets to Hunt and Milford the better

Interesting point that; since he moved to the bench nearly everything is the same. average 14 handles a game, still 55 minutes on average but he passes more- his roving lock role in the middle third and swapping on the right has seen his passing increase to 4.5 a game.

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.