Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Ask again about 9:40pm Thursday.

Exactly. I am beyond trying to predict what this side is going to deliver. As a tipster it really shouldn't be this hard when tipping your own team.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
We are 1 to 1 better than the Knights on paper (with a few exceptions like Ponga). Hopefully the boys wake up this week and the ref doesn't rort us.

1 on 1 match ups are closer than you think, i would give the nods to Ponga, Lee, Best, Pearce, Klemmer, McCullough, Hoy, J Saifiti, and Glasby vs. their Bronco opposites and pretty even calls on Tuala, Hunt, Fitzgibbon and Guerra.

Without Staggs we really need Milford to step up and have a 7+ out of 10 game if we are to score points, our backline does not look imposing with pressure on young Farnworth and Coates to provide points if our halves aren't creating. We pretty much know that Boyd and Oates aren't offering much on current form...

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Just got to ask, who is the halfback?

Reds or Red V?

Oh man.. That's embarrassing.

It's actually muscle memory LOL, I wrote 6) Milford 7) Hunt in about 500 team lists between 2015-18, my fingers just type it automatically now.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Niu is a waste of a bench spot. He has offered nothing so far ( not his fault either, the role just doesnt suit him ).

Who would you rather see take the 14?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Who would you rather see take the 14?

I've been calling for 4 forwards on the bench for ages. Rhys Kennedy. He did nothing last week to warrant being dropped. He was certainly more effective than Flegler.

EDIT: On further thought, it's a bad idea throwing Luke into the thick of it for 80 minutes. He should be 14 for awhile with Paix remaining.

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I've been calling for 4 forwards on the bench for ages. Rhys Kennedy. He did nothing last week to warrant being dropped. He was certainly more effective than Flegler.

EDIT: On further thought, it's a bad idea throwing Luke into the thick of it for 80 minutes. He should be 14 for awhile with Paix remaining.

really? you know, i hear it helps if you watch the games with your eyes open

Kennedy: 2 runs for 20m
Flegler: 12 runs for 124m

Last edited:
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
really?

Kennedy: 2 runs for 20m
Flegler: 12 runs for 124m

Go back and watch Kennedy in defence in the 2nd half when he comes on. He was a mile faster off the line than anyone else and didn't give anything away.

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
Niu is a waste of a bench spot

I agree. It bugs me a bit that Seibold seems adamant that an outside back is required on the bench due to the supposed amount of injuries that occur in the backline. We have Glenn who can cover the centres, Oates who can play second row and wing and the rest can be shuffled around as needed so I don't see the point, especially when we've got young hookers and forwards out there desperate for a breather.

I feel like he is a bit too confident in his outside of the box thinking and tactics despite his late game backline supersub having nary an impact on the game, the soapy balls not improving our handling one iota and the training at above game pace not transferring to even a semblance of calmness and order on the field while under pressure.

I just want to see the club coached well rather than all the new age lingo that I hear coming out of HQ. Good attitude, good defense and good attack. Screw the little halftime "pods" that he probably picked up from the AFL and screw carrying a back on the bench because Demas Wong told him a back is injured in 19.26% of NRL games.

The statistic he should be most concerned about is his 42.92% win rate as coach of the Brisbane Broncos.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
So how we all feeling about this game?.

I know i would be more confident if Staggs was out there in attack. Also fifita but never expected him back for this game.
Not good. TPJ is back but I'm not sure we'll have any game plans beyond give it to Haas/TPJ and hope they win the game for us.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
If TPJ cant keep himself out of trouble in this game, i'd start shopping him around. We cant afford him if he keeps on being such a liability.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Not good. TPJ is back but I'm not sure we'll have any game plans beyond give it to Haas/TPJ and hope they win the game for us.
You forget just kicking to Coates all night, they wont predict it!!

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
FTR, we both want and need TPJ to keep his aggressive nature, we just need him to be smarter

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I'm not sure that coach exists

Imagev18fc8d1d85bd48ddb9e1744ad15127f5d q5qoxg89vsa7kdjo3r2 t1880

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Rambstien
  • Skathen
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Strop
  • Santa
  • leon.bott
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.